Sign in to follow this  
Olham

FIFA World Cup

http://online.wsj.co...oWhatsNewsForth

I posted the Link instead of the simple score, as some here might wish to savor the complete story

Eheheh.

Thanks for the link uncleal, it portrays exactly what happened.

I almost feel sorry for the North Korean players; for the first time they were broadcasting live for North Korea a football match with it's national team playing, and what they assist?! A complete tsunami.

As for Portugal, now we'll face Brazil and that will be another matter. I hope I won't assist to another tsunami. With Brazil will never know what will happened with those wizards. But I'm confident that we will pass to the next knockout round.

Edited by Von Paulus

What a horrible unsporting oily little git that Domenech is.

No wonder the froggies didn't want to play for him.

:heat:

France was KAK.

VIVA south africa.

Morris

Congrats, Morris! Congrats, South Africa!!

Congrats, Morris! Congrats, South Africa!!

unfortunately SA is nontheless out of the race :dntknw: .

good game against france. and shame on the so called professionals of france. shame on the mole in their team who talked out locker-conversations out to the media

I only got that now, comparing the goals difference. What a pity!

But heads up, South Africa - the first time is always the hardest.

The ol' love-hate-love-hate-love-hate-love-hate-love-hate-love relationship with England continues once again. :heat:

Looking forward to a possible England vs Germany match!

The ol' love-hate-love-hate-love-hate-love-hate-love-hate-love relationship with England continues once again. :heat:

Looking forward to a possible England vs Germany match!

Yes, would be good...England played better today, but I will be 'interested' to know how they fair against the bigger, better teams.

Some National Teams just needed better coaches, who put the right combinations together,

and place the men there, where they will perform best (Gerard; right foot player = right side!).

England vs Germany should be exciting: a team of experienced players against the youngsters.

Could be fun!

Yes, von Paulus - it will be "Krauts vs Crumpets" now! Wonderful!!!

Edited by Olham

For those who think soccer/football will catch on in the states, it's not going to happen. It's a kid's sport over here, primarily. That's not meant to be disrepectful, just a direct assessment. Sure, there are some professional teams but I dare say the vast majority of Americans just aren't interested in soccer/football on a professional level that can compete with baseball or College/NFL Football or even racing. Nor do we care--at all--that soccer is known as football elsewhere in the world.

That kids play it today is nothing new; all us kids had to play it in the early 70s and there were soccer fields at all the schools, and back then everyone heard of "Pele". Nearly 40 years later it's still mostly a kids game, although today I can't name any soccer/football players, beyond my two boys and their friends. Well, not true; I've still heard of Pele.

It's like the metric system. Now and then they try to force it on us and every time it's shot down in flames. It's always "the rest of the world uses it." Well, the rest of the world lives in the rest of the world. What, I should move from the USA based on that, then? Meh.

But, sincerely, enjoy your football! I recognize the enthusiasm and it's fun to read the banter about this World Cup deal.

It may never catch on in the US, but at the same time, there are starving penniless kids in Africa who make their own footballs from plastic bags.

Love it or hate it, football is a global sport and here to stay.

Americans are never interested in a sport they can't dominate and proclaim themselves as World Champions.

It's the American way. :salute::grin:

Americans are never interested in a sport they can't dominate and proclaim themselves as World Champions.

It's the American way. :salute::grin:

They can't even play Rugby without having more Armour on than Sir Lancelot! :lol:

They can't even play Rugby without having more Armour on than Sir Lancelot! :lol:

:rofl:

That was naught y Widow.

It's in the collective sports that usually the Americans try to play it different from the rest of the world.

Although, I really like how they play basketball. Since I watched for the first time a NBA match, I think it was one of those mythical Celtics vs Lakers in the 80's, I wasn't able to see a European basketball game again. Yes I'm a NBA fan since then.

Will you be watching the game Live Olham?...it will be nice to think you are...I can imagine we are in the same room..hahaha

If Germany Win...I shall re-shoot down the Blacktails in revenge!! :lol:

Yes, I'll watch it live - with a pulse around 280!

It will be a thrill - our team is very young and yet unexperienced in playing together,

but they have the energy of the young.

Your team is far older in general - but very experienced! I think, England could beat

the German team on a psychological level. If our youngsters loose hope - they're lost!

Must check, where "Jester 12" are based right now - maybe they need some more

airfield defense missions flown by my team after that play?

What I love about the World Cup is this:

Cheers,

Parky

Like so many others, this video is not available in my country, Parky.

Sony Music is the worst hunter for copyright content - I only wonder,

why it is mostly followed in Germany only, while everyone else can

watch them.

Guest British_eh

Well Olham, and all Germans and Englanders - it's time soon. Although England seems to have figured it out, with Klose back it will be a huge hurdle. Hmm, I think 2-0 for the German's- unless England can score early, and then stimy them with terribly boring play.

At least Green isn't in goal, poor guy.

Long live the Queen :drinks:

What happened to Italy, it will be a rough week for them.

Cheers,

British_eh

My (very optimistic) tip for the match England vs Germany: 2:1 for Germany.

But it may well happen here, that experience will beat youth.

It will be a thrill to watch!

Hard luck Yanks, I thought you guys played with great spirit in this World Cup, and the Team have done America proud.

But well done Ghana....party time in Africa tonight!!

Aye. Bad luck America, both spirited teams but the Ghanaians outplayed you just enough. Nevertheless you did yourselves proud in what is, after all OUR national game. What next, cricket? Or maybe as WM implies you should give Rugby a... ahem... try.