LZ43

Add Sketchup 3D Models to First Eagles

Hi.

I have a nice german WWI Airship as SketchUp File. Is it possible to add this Airship to FE? If it is possible, can you describe me the steps to make this airship flyable in FE, please?

Sorry for my english.

You have to convert it to a file that 3D Studio Max can read.

Then you have to find someone willing to work on it to export it to the LOD format that First Eagles can read.

FC

There is no 2010 exporter for TW's .LOD's for FE2 yet AFAIK. Also there is no way to get AI aircraft to appear as a single aircraft in a flight. So the airship will end up flying in twos or more. Believe me I've been trying to get just one aircraft to appear. It doesnt work. I've even mentioned something about it over at TW. But I think they just said that their sims werent designed for single aircraft flights. Too bad. There is an airship available in the download section. But it appears in single missions as two or more side by side airships all the time. Kind of anoying. It will only work in mission building. But now with FE2, there is now mission building available. Big Big bummer. But if you can get that airship in here, I'll download it for sure.

• Like 1

I believe that TRANSPORT role is implemented even in FE2

so if you define that role for plane in its inis

you can meet one plane flying transport mission in game

but only in campaign.

or You can edit and define formation inis (like US fighter formation etc)

where you can define only one possition (formation of one plane) and

then in mission file you can define that flight will use that formation.

MontyCZ

There is no 2010 exporter for TW's .LOD's for FE2 yet AFAIK. Also there is no way to get AI aircraft to appear as a single aircraft in a flight. So the airship will end up flying in twos or more. Believe me I've been trying to get just one aircraft to appear. It doesnt work. I've even mentioned something about it over at TW. But I think they just said that their sims werent designed for single aircraft flights. Too bad. There is an airship available in the download section. But it appears in single missions as two or more side by side airships all the time. Kind of anoying. It will only work in mission building. But now with FE2, there is now mission building available. Big Big bummer. But if you can get that airship in here, I'll download it for sure.

Monty CZ, I tried changing the Formation.ini (via new 2nd fighter formation) to show 1 Squadron, 1 Flight and 1 Element. I even created a new Nation for one spacific skin to use. One aircraft would appear, but not all the time. For some reason one or two aircraft to a flight seems to be a craps shoot. My example I was trying to make was Verner Voss' Fokker Dr.1. I created a whole new Dr.1 aircraft that contained one skin (Voss Dr1) and used the new Nation name (GERMANY-VOSS). In the Nations.ini under "GERMANY-VOSS" I had the formation set to the newly made fighter formation I created in the Formations.ini. It all worked as planned. When I first tried it out in single mission, One Dr1 appeared. It also had the skin of Verner Voss. I was pretty happy. BUT... the second mission had two Dr1's. Both using the Voss skin. Everything is det to what it should be. But for some reason there is a random flight size minimum. TK said that his sims arent really designed for single aircraft flights. Weird, cosidering I've removed the spacing for any other aircraft in the new Formation.ini for "GERMANY-VOSS" .

Even in Campaign mode I changed all the supply and starting aircraft and pilots to just 1. Voss' Dr1 will appear in campaigns as AI (which is pretty cool when I'm in a 56 Sqd SE5) but most of the time there will be two or four. I cant figue out another way. I just dont think it's possible unless TK makes "1" really mean "1". Which would be great. There were a lot of lone flying aces

I didnt try the "Transport" method. But wouldnt that make "Voss'" Dr1 fly like a transport and not a fighter? I dont know :dntknw: I'll give it a go.

Edited by quack74

On 7/14/2010 at 12:40 AM, FastCargo said:

You have to convert it to a file that 3D Studio Max can read.

Then you have to find someone willing to work on it to export it to the LOD format that First Eagles can read.

FC

==================================================================================================

...the export  Lod ...etc......is the same way like SF1/2......from the 3d Max ?  same exporter.....etc....?  

So the lod's work and in the SF2...???  ...or the sf 2 lod work   here ..?

Thank you...

Edited by acesfakia

4 hours ago, acesfakia said:

Yes.  If you can export LODs to SF2, then you can use the same module to export LODs to FE2.

• Like 1

17 hours ago, Geezer said:

Yes.  If you can export LODs to SF2, then you can use the same module to export LODs to FE2.

Is any limit...?  Like you must up Grade  the game 1st...?     [     I find the export max       from Thirdwire for Max  2009for SF2  and FE ....in 3d max....for he Lod files. ] 

Thank you.

If I understand you correctly, just install the Max2009 export module per instructions.  That should be all you need.

I use the export module for MaxR9 and have exported models for both FE2 and SF2 without any problems.

• Like 1

if you want the LODs to work in both SF1/FE1 and SF2/FE2, export as ANSI. The NextGen series of game reads both with no issues. The only real differences are statements in the data inis, relating to flight models.

• Like 1