Sign in to follow this  
suhsjake

Don't Be this guy....

I've always wondered: what happens to those who are running from the cops(I saw this on one of those high speed pursuit shows) and runs a military gate? Does the military take care of him or do the city cops take care of them?

Oh I remember several years ago well actually a LONG time ago two guys walk up the security gate at the Little Rock Air Force Base(located in Jacksonville Arkansas) claiming to be Navy Seals. The news didnt show the pictures but they showed the guns and the bullets the guys had on them....never heard anything more on that story.

A dude a would be a major idiot to run away on that base. When a master sergeant was showing me around I couldnt help but notice all the little signs on the tress in the wooded areas warning people not enter. I'm a litlte hazzy on this part but I think the master sergeant told me that the base(from years ago) and mines on it. If it does or doesnt I sure as hell don't want to be the first to find out. And if he was pulling my chain then he did a hell of a job.

Most guys aren't going to be able to tell you that information.

FC

I was in the military...I got a medal for saving the lives of 150 men....................................I shot the cook <<< DRUM HIT ..BA DUN DUM >>>

but seriously that guys an A$$

I've always wondered: what happens to those who are running from the cops(I saw this on one of those high speed pursuit shows) and runs a military gate? Does the military take care of him or do the city cops take care of them?

MPs take care of him and the city cops can't enter the base untill pre-announced or they "could" be treated just like the bad guy by the MPs. However, almost always they come pre-announced that they will be arriving on base or that there could be a chance that they maybe entering the installation.

• Like 1

I was in the military...I got a medal for saving the lives of 150 men....................................I shot the cook <<< DRUM HIT ..BA DUN DUM >>>

That was great!!!!!!!! :lol:

MPs take care of him and the city cops can't enter the base untill pre-announced or they "could" be treated just like the bad guy by the MPs. However, almost always they come pre-announced that they will be arriving on base or that there could be a chance that they maybe entering the installation.

Cool. Thank you. :good:

Technically military bases aren't state but federal land. Think "US military embassy". :grin: So the police don't have exclusive jurisdiction, but there's always some agreement there.

AFAIK, the MPs cannot pursue off the base as that is solely the purview of the local police.

Technically military bases aren't state but federal land. Think "US military embassy". :grin: So the police don't have exclusive jurisdiction, but there's always some agreement there.

AFAIK, the MPs cannot pursue off the base as that is solely the purview of the local police.

Not entirely true. I can think of several incidents where we've had some interactions with off base situations. Infact, there was one incident we had where one of our patrols was doing an off base perimeter check (because we have locations off base that we have to check) and while doing this check, some dumbass tried to run our guys off the road. So we "followed" :grin: the individual until the local PD can handle the call. Hell, we've even assisted local PD off base before on a high risk incident, having to draw down on gang-bangers off base.

As backup, yes, but they're not allowed to take exclusive control (as in pulling over the dumbass you mentioned by themselves and cuffing the guy or engaging gangs without police presence) off base.

We have both off-mainbase locations that are our purview (not just housing) and also a main public road (A1A) that is actually on-base. There's some sort of dual-jurisdiction agreement there so the cops don't need to wait for the SPs to show there to do their thing. Pretty much the only thing I ever see them doing there, though, is handling crashes at the main gate where someone making a left onto base and someone going past attempt to defy physics and occupy the same space at the same moment in time.

As backup, yes, but they're not allowed to take exclusive control (as in pulling over the dumbass you mentioned by themselves and cuffing the guy or engaging gangs without police presence) off base.

Well, they didn't necessarily pull him over, but they went after him and spotted his truck parked somewhere and spoke with the guy. I don't know if local PD showed up or not. I just heard what was going down on the radio and heard the story when they got back on base. The deal with the gang bangers was that we were doing and ORI and we have patrols posted off base (this is in co-operation and co-ordination with local PD so that they know that we have our guys armed up and posted off base, and that we might deal with stuff that's not within the federal fence line). Well, one of our off base patrols noticed a car blacked out near one of the auxilary entrance gates to the base. So he rolls up on it and runs the plate. The plate came back to a felony warrant, two guys were in the car with a girl... who was conducting try-outs for their prostitution ring. Anyways, we notify him of how the plates came back, so he backs off a bit. Local PD is notifed, but two of our patrols are dispatched to respond as back-up, and I think they went code off base. Our back shows up with local PD and from there we go guns drawn on the guys. They hook 'em and bagg 'em and that's as much as I know of what happened.

• Like 2

What a sad little man!

I know that immitation is the sincerest form of flattery...but this is ridiculous!

He probably really believes he's a decorated War hero!...obviously has severe mental issues

lesson learned:

dont be an overweight military poser