Sign in to follow this  
Monty CZ

Eastern aviation schools got new tool

Great work! Engine sound sounds very mechanical and repeating though.

Funny thing is that it is the default jet engine sound ;-)

Ok this time I tested DDS textures, wow the file size looks great (49MB vs 8MB for texture)

post-255-033465100 1289254497.jpg

But for bumpmaps it is not the best solution

Monty CZ

Maybe a little bit of topic,

but the Czech AF L-159´s were

just upgradet. They can now carry

non konventional external stores:

becka.jpg

becka4.jpg

becka6.jpg

:lol:

So the question is, should I define the keg as a fuel tank or different class?

:drinks:

Monty CZ

Well FC made the toilet bomb from 'Nam and it was defined as a bomb... which in all actuality it was.

Well FC made the toilet bomb from 'Nam and it was defined as a bomb... which in all actuality it was.

Hey EricJ by the photos I suppose it was keg of the finest czech lager beer Pilsner Urquell

and I cant even think about dropping it on enemies!!! :punish:

:-)

Maybe a fuel tank then :smile:

Hey EricJ by the photos I suppose it was keg of the finest czech lager beer Pilsner Urquell

and I cant even think about dropping it on enemies!!! :punish:

:-)

When it is czech Beer,

then it could be defined as "Bio hazzard" *rofl*

Last thing I have to set, to get the propper and realistic behavior:

On real plane the airbrakes were automaticaly extended wher speed of 735kmph was exceeded.

How the setting supposed to be to achieve that in game? Pls.

Hmmm I never tired that however I have an idea, I always have an idea lol :lol:

Anyway maybe it would work if you put:

DeploymentMethod=AUTOMATIC_SPEED (or MACH)

on the airbrake it would work...

Question of the day:

How to create installer? Can you suggest something easy to use, virus free etc etc

I want to release whole package and let the people choose if they want typical instal (all) or custom instal

and they could remove some parts (airfield files, missions) is it possible?

Thanx Monty CZ

BTW Brain I tried that but no luck...dont know why, maybe same mesh cannot be set with 2 systems but even without meshname it didnt work

Edited by Monty CZ

Question of the day:

How to create installer? Can you suggest something easy to use, virus free etc etc

I want to release whole package and let the people choose if they want typical instal (all) or custom instal

and they could remove some parts (airfield files, missions) is it possible?

Thanx Monty CZ

BTW Brain I tried that but no luck...dont know why, maybe same mesh cannot be set with 2 systems but even without meshname it didnt work

Clickteam has a free version of their installer software, I have seen it in FSX add-ons...

http://www.clickteam.com/website/usa/install-creator.html

Last thing I have to set, to get the propper and realistic behavior:

On real plane the airbrakes were automaticaly extended wher speed of 735kmph was exceeded.

How the setting supposed to be to achieve that in game? Pls.

Well, if you add an invisible link between the fuselage and the brake and assign it to your surface you want to deflect automatically.

But instead of assigning it as a speedbrake, make it a HIGHLIFT_DEVICE, like a flap. Then make an entry similiar to this one, setting it to AUTOMATIC_SPEED:

[NoseRamp]

SystemType=HIGHLIFT_DEVICE

DeploymentMethod=AUTOMATIC_MACH

CDdc=0.020

Setting[1].Angle=0.0

Setting[1].DeployValue=0.4

Setting[1].RetractValue=0.45

Setting[2].Angle=25.0

Setting[2].DeployValue=1.40

Setting[2].RetractValue=1.45

MaxDeflection=25.0

MinDeflection=0.0

ControlRate=0.1

Note the value in bold...that's the drag coefficent due to surface deflection. Simply ramp that up to a high value, and at the desired speed, the speedbrake will deploy and should slow you down.

FC

Also, the same mesh cannot be assigned to 2 surface controls except in the case of elevator/aileron...you will need another node inbetween the fuselage and the speedbrake mesh.

Well, if you add an invisible link between the fuselage and the brake and assign it to your surface you want to deflect automatically.

But instead of assigning it as a speedbrake, make it a HIGHLIFT_DEVICE, like a flap. Then make an entry similiar to this one, setting it to AUTOMATIC_SPEED:

Note the value in bold...that's the drag coefficent due to surface deflection. Simply ramp that up to a high value, and at the desired speed, the speedbrake will deploy and should slow you down.

FC

Also, the same mesh cannot be assigned to 2 surface controls except in the case of elevator/aileron...you will need another node inbetween the fuselage and the speedbrake mesh.

Thanx that seems like the only way to achieve that, but then I would have no speedbrake release sound

and no speedbrake light in the cockpit, but what the hell. I have a lot of lights modeled and no game system contected

to it that I can use some of them :-)

Thank you

Monty CZ

Well, you could install the light in the same location, but set it to speed...that way it always comes on when you exceed that speed, just like your 'speedbrake' would come out...for all intents and purposes, it looks the same....

FC

Well, you could install the light in the same location, but set it to speed...that way it always comes on when you exceed that speed, just like your 'speedbrake' would come out...for all intents and purposes, it looks the same....

FC

After yesterdays tests I have to skip this thing :-(

Yes I can set it as flaps and make it to deploy at 735kmph, but when I deploy the real airbrakes

at that speed it opens further (angle is 100° instead of 50°) so there is light in the cockpit

yelling "you are too fast" and its enough :-)

Monty CZ

Monty,

One more idea...

You can set the 'real' speedbrakes to 'blow back' at 735 kph. That way, no matter what, your speedbrakes will never exceed 50 degrees, but you can still get either light at the appropriate time.

FC

Hello all,

I spent some time to write basic flight manual for L-39 and because

english is not my first language I would like to ask you to check it

and if there are any mistakes just let me know please.

Here it is:

technical manual.pdf

I tried to achieve the same look as it is on original flight manual

(except cockpit images which were originally line drawings :-) )

Monty CZ

Looks okay by me, then again it'd be nice to have the actual aircraft to test the manual :smile: