DWCAce

F-22 aircraft overdue in reporting

Sad....

Derk

Pilot didnt make it fellas.

Capt Jeff Haney

RIP sir.

My condolences to his family.

I am rather surprised not to hear UHF 243Mhz mentioned, when I was flying for the UK coastguard we had PLB's in our lifevests that transmitted on Mil UHF 243 Mhz and the aircrafts tracking equipment was configured to seek Tx from both 121.5 Mhz and 243 Mhz, I would be surprised further if the military had not started to use the new 406, the GPS function would be invaluable, I pray the pilot gets found quick, I don't imagine surviving in that enviroment is going to be a walk in the park.

Craig

Craig, if I am not mistaken, the 243 is an international a/c distress freq, 121.5 is maritime (maybe?). While we have a/c, we don't have gear on the small boats to pick this up. Our ships have pretty advanced DF capabilites, and you can punch in whichever freq you wish to follow to source, but the ones on the small boats pick up VH-F freq's and 121.5,

To the family, Capt. Haney is in my prayers, may he rest for eternity in peace and walk among the heroes that arrived before him.

Edited by Stingray72