Sign in to follow this  
Dej

My Desktop for Tomorrow...

Ought to be in the 'Show Us Your Desktop' thread really, I suppose... but it ain't. May both these gentlemen rest in peace.

November 23rd 1916.jpg

That's excellent work Dej! I really like the way you added colour to the portraits. Very nice...and respectful I might add. That scene also looks to be historically accurate, unlike a certain movie I watched last night on DVD ( The Red Baron ).

Cheers!

:drinks:

Ratatat

Yes really stunning! :good:

And the colors so well blended together! :ok:

One little objection though... I thing it would have been better if the portraits be placed as facing each other.

Thay way they are now is a bit destructing the twirling dynamics of the center image...

Or there is some hidden semantics I'm missing?

A fine artwork, Dej!

If you still have it in layers, you could try to exchange the two persona,

so they would look into the picture, instead away from it?

Very, very apropos Dej. I have set it as my desktop for today as well Sir. Thank you for sharing.

An added benefit to the suggestions of Elephant and Olham is that each man would be next to his respective aircraft.

One little objection though... I thing it would have been better if the portraits be placed as facing each other.

Thay way they are now is a bit destructing the twirling dynamics of the center image...

Or there is some hidden semantics I'm missing?

I believe Dej may have deliberately placed the portraits in their respective locations. Based on the outcome of the engagement, Hawker's is in the sky (Heaven?), and Richtofen's is on the ground (as the survivor). It may be that he didn't have photos of the men facing in the proper direction to look toward the center, or the looking outward may have been an artistic choice. Seeing that I can't even color inside the lines in a child's coloring book, I really can't say much about about artistic intent.

But I do agree that it is a wonderful image and an appropriate memorial to Hawker as well as one of the most notable dogfights of the early part of the war.

I believe Dej may have deliberately placed the portraits in their respective locations. Based on the outcome of the engagement, Hawker's is in the sky (Heaven?), and Richtofen's is on the ground (as the survivor). It may be that he didn't have photos of the men facing in the proper direction to look toward the center, or the looking outward may have been an artistic choice. Seeing that I can't even color inside the lines in a child's coloring book, I really can't say much about about artistic intent.

But I do agree that it is a wonderful image and an appropriate memorial to Hawker as well as one of the most notable dogfights of the early part of the war.

Heh, wish I could claim to have thought of that symbolism! Simple truth is, they were placed thus to accomodate my desktop icon placement. I take on board the constructive input, for which thanks. A revised version incorporating said input is in the gallery HERE... me having used up my attachment quota!

Thanks folks.

Dej, just in case you didn't know: you can delete older attachments to make space.

Click on your name bar in the top right Forum corner, then on "My Settings", and then on the left on

"Manage Attachments". You may get a several pages long list of all your attachments made,

and can select them and delete those you don't need anymore.

Me, I had to go so far meanwhile, that I even had to delete old screenshots from that thread.