Sign in to follow this  
jwrich

New to Hat in the Ring

I recently bought the Hit in the Ring add-on, installed the up-dates and began play. The first thing I noticed the picture was like it was out of focus, I made changes in workshop to fix it but little difference. I fly the same campaigns I always flew and only noticed a few additional airplanes. Any suggestions What is the advantage?

Thanks for your help,

Rich

Well, ahem - I don't understand the question???? :dntknw:

To me, HitR was like getting P4 almost.

Make sure you get all graphic settings right; see my "Field of View" thread for that, too.

What is the advantage?

The new content in HitR is of course summarized nicely on the OFF website ...http://www.overflandersfields.com/Addon1.htm

if your graphics have gone fuzzy, something must have gotten screwed up with your computer ... never heard that complaint from anyone else that i can recall. Didn't happen to me. Graphics are as clear as ever.

It's probably been asked before, but I never bought HITR. Will it be needed first in order to upgrade to P4?

I believe the devs indicated that P4 will be a complete stand-alone. I'm sure Pol can elaborate on that for you, MM.

P4 will almost certainly be a new standalone version of "Over Flanders Fields" - no one ever spoke of an add-on.

And as far as I believe to have been able to read between the lines, some good portion of software/programming

will get added. But please don't think I had "special connections" or a spy over at OBD.

I read it between the lines, as I said - and others may read something else there.

As for the value of the HitR add-on - apart from getting the new aircraft, I believe to have noticed some more

improvements in AI behaviour. I'm not sure anymore, if we had the choices "Fuel Management/Personal Skin",

"Wind: ON/Off" and "Enemy AI: Less aggressive/more aggressive/historical" before HitR.

Edited by Olham

I'm not sure anymore, if we had the choices "Fuel Management/Personal Skin",

"Wind: ON/Off" and "Enemy AI: Less aggressive/more aggressive/historical" before HitR.

We didn't. All those came with HitR.

Thanks, Hasse Wind. In that case, "Hat in the Ring" was more than just an add-on in my oppinion.

"Personal skin" is a choice I often love to use, when I want to make screenshots.

"Wind" is a major step forward to more realsim - especially if you must land light aircraft in a crosswind.

And the choice of "Enemy Aggressiveness" was giving us back the aggressive enemy flights.

The AI before HitR was flying excellently defensive, but you could not really get at them at all sometimes.

So summed up: an add-on which changed the whole sim to something greater again.

And I cannot understand, how anyone should find it too costly in any way.

The only reason to stay with the original BHaH would be, that you liked the AI behaviour more.

And that can be ticked "on" in HitR again.

You could even get a mix of both with the "Historical" setting - less aggressive in the early days,

and more aggressive further on in the war.

Edited by Olham

P4 will almost certainly be a new standalone version of "Over Flanders Fields" - no one ever spoke of an add-on.

And as far as I believe to have been able to read between the lines, some good portion of software/programming

will get added. But please don't think I had "special connections" or a spy over at OBD.

I read it between the lines, as I said - and others may read something else there.

As for the value of the HitR add-on - apart from getting the new aircraft, I believe to have noticed some more

improvements in AI behaviour. I'm not sure anymore, if we had the choices "Fuel Management/Personal Skin",

MMMMMMMMMMMM Olham and a Spy over at OFF OBD.:rolleyes::doh:

Madam was a bit annoyed, when her advice about aircraft she had flown was not welcomed enough.

Yeah, I miss her too, UncleAl - I though female pilots should be tough enough to deal with such drawbacks.

Feature list for Hat In the Ring is on the website..

http://www.overflandersfields.com/Addon1.htm scroll down to read all.

and no it's not out of focus from our point of view check your cfsconfig settings and graphics display settings of your graphics card (AA filtering on off? Anisotrpoic filtering on off?

Feature list for Hat In the Ring is on the website..

http://www.overfland....com/Addon1.htm scroll down to read all.

and no it's not out of focus from our point of view check your cfsconfig settings and graphics display settings of your graphics card (AA filtering on off? Anisotrpoic filtering on off?

Somebody else complained that they couldn't see any changes to cfs3 after installing bhah, all they'd done wrong was not play cfs3 for a couple of minutes before installing so the changes hadn't been registered properly.

If you don't see all the features listed, it's likely a failed or incorrect installation.

See faqs, tips and other instructions for re-installing hitr.

Thanks for everyones comments and advice. I did go back and read the features listed hat in the ring. I recently bought a new computer with a larger flat screen monitor, it exceed all the requirements suggested for OFF. I followed you fellows advice and made changes in the monitor settings. Things are working fine now, but the wording on the Info and aircraft labels are very small and hard to read when I use full screen. I have also noticed that kills are not as easy now. I 'll just have to work a little harder for the kill. Computers have always been hard for me to master. When they are working That Great, but if something changes, I am lost. I do the club web site, and I have a step by step to get information up on our site. If for some reason I can't change a page or photo posted using these steps then I am totally confused. I usually call a friend for help. Yes, there is a learning curve with OFF, I guess I am a little slow.

Thanks again for all of your help

Rich

I have also noticed that kills are not as easy now. I 'll just have to work a little harder for the kill.

Yes, it has become harder - but only right that way. It wasn't easy at all; otherwise the aces would have had many more kills.

Computers have always been hard for me to master. When they are working That Great, but if something changes, I am lost.

I do the club web site, and I have a step by step to get information up on our site. If for some reason I can't change a page or photo

posted using these steps then I am totally confused. I usually call a friend for help.

You're like me there - some people seem to have a mind for that, others not.

Yes, there is a learning curve with OFF, I guess I am a little slow.

It will train your reflexes. I am a slow and lazy guy, who gets tired quickly. But OFF keeps me on my toes!:grin:

Guest British_eh

Hi there jwrich,

As Uncleal indicated there is an answer to most questions, and information available on most topics by doing a "Search". In addition when you first log on and see the dozen or so "Over Flanders Fields Subforums".

Here you will find OFF - Knowledge Base , OFF - BHaH General Help & OFF - Survival In the Air Series.

Peruse through here and you'll find some gems.

Cheers,

British_eh