Sign in to follow this  
Piecemeal

SF2 A-7E Specific Node Name

Does anybody know the node name for this (I'm guessing) ECM fairing on the vertical tail of the SF2 A-7E? I'm working on using the Fist Of The Fleet A-7 skins in SF2.

The decal itself is positioned perfectly but as you can see, the fairing is blocking some of the tailcode. If I knew the node name of it I might be able to solve the problem.

post-29988-070325300 1294786277.jpg

Sure thing, bud.

It's more or less a matter of trial and error... :ok:

Try these:

tail_light

pod_1

pod_2

details2

cylinder01

cylinder02

D3_vertical_stabilizer

That should be it. I don't really see anything else that might be directly related.

SidDogg

Port side: Box 3

Starboard side: Box 2

Thanks for the suggestions lads. In the end I got tired of trying out different node names and decided in the end to do a little bit of decal moving about. That was one of the first of many FOTF A-7 skins I was working on and after doing a huge pile of A-4 skins I wanted to get the project out of the way so I could get back to some good ol' fashioned mud movin'!

Over the weekend I'll be working on updatiing the FOTF A-6 skins for SF2 use. I believe the guy responsible for all these is Paul Nortness? I checked his profile out a couple of days ago and he doesn't seem to have been active in a while. I wouldn't mind uploading all the update work I've done if I had his permission. :yes:

Oh; and here's some of the A-7 SKINS I've done:

post-29988-009190800 1295010599.jpg

post-29988-034716200 1295010614.jpg

post-29988-088342800 1295010627.jpg

post-29988-010417200 1295010654.jpg

post-29988-068305400 1295010682.jpg

Edited by Piecemeal

by the way, Dan W is the original painter if Im' not mistaken, so I'd trust him on such matters...

Piecemeal

Paul wouldnt mine. Also skins are the only thing you do not need to seek permission for. They are fair game as long as you credit the original skinner in the readme.

by the way, Dan W is the original painter if Im' not mistaken, so I'd trust him on such matters...

Paul wouldnt mine. Also skins are the only thing you do not need to seek permission for. They are fair game as long as you credit the original skinner in the readme.

I was hoping you guys would say that. I've spent almost a week doing these and it'd be a shame for others not to get the same enjoyment out of them as I currently am. I just prefer to err on the side of caution so as not to get myself stuck in s**t. I wouldn't dream of uploading someone else's work without a nod of approval from a CA top dog :no:

I'll start organising them for an upload over the weekend and put together a suitable readme. I'd do it tonight only I'm going out for a belated birthtday piss-up and chances are I'll be visiting the base sick bay (i.e. the missus) tomorrow for an appointment with Dr. Seltzer :alcoholic:

I re-used a lot of Paul's decals and such for some of those Skyraider skins I did. Like was said, just give him credit.

A lot of good stuff over at FOTF ... a lot more needs adapting to SF2

wrench

kevin stein

Does anybody know the node name for this (I'm guessing) ECM fairing on the vertical tail of the SF2 A-7E?

That one we call muad'dib.

Someone had to say it.