SAS guys are doing amazing job, Dave63 can you confirm they are working on self-shadowing..?! :yikes:

I thought Daidalos Team could possibly try this as they have (?) access to the core

Yes. Right now they are primarily focused on exterior lighting effects, but they and the UP guys seem fairly optimistic that it can be either developed or "ported over" so to speak.

Quote "Shadowing can work in IL2, in all cockpits with not bad results. The only thing that needs to be done is to enable the shadowing in IL2's engine. The feature IS there, it just needs someone that knows-how to Enable it.

Once someone enable it, we will all have a nice surprise ;) A positive one. And i know exactly what i am talking about ;)"

you just made my day :smile:

You guys don't realize how nice it is to be able to discuss this, warts and all without having to deal with the melodramatic crap... :salute:

we do, we do...

here's new water=4 for Il2 1946 by SAS guys, any comment? CoD with it's performance has dangerous competitor -own older brother :grin:

That reminds me, is the top-end water in Il-2 still nvidia-only?

I've got 4.10.1m installed, but no mods.

wasn't it the oother way, OpenGL only? I can set PERFECT mode only using OGL renderer

JM, try HSFX 5.0 for 4.10.1m :good:

The new 3.0 UP is due out any minute for 4101, also. The massive Readme is up at the UP site.

Edited by Dave63

Argh, the Il-2 modding scene is getting as bad as the F4 one!

The only way to do Il-2 was always OGL, the DX renderer was just there so they could say it worked. It looked horrible. However, the water=4 I recall wouldn't work on ATI cards because Oleg said they wouldn't cooperate with him to enable him to get it working. Not sure how that worked, but whatever...

Don't remember about perfect water and ATI, but that sounds right. I only did it once to say I did it, but now I've got an ATI. Unless they've changed their minds, UP will contain HSFX, too. So it's a single download.

I prefer UP, matter of mods included and working campaigns.

Back to COD -new beta patch fixes many many issues and inscreases performance more than mods.

So I hear! It is good news that most folks report nice gains. It may actually work now! Amazing that in a couple of weeks they can improve a product that was so obviously broken after all that development time. I'm still uncertain as to whether it will even run for me, so I'm on the fence, still.

for me, over land it's still not so great, have to try at low buildings, forests and trees setings, but generally -improvement :good:

So, it's better, but still not really "fixed" since the BoB didn't take place exclusively over the channel. But on the upside we have some nice videos of a tank battle taking place!

yes, that's very nice video -reminds me when I set a tanks vs tanks scenario in Janes' WW2 Fighters, at that time (around 2001) that was something spectacular watcing the tanks fighting :ok:

the thing with CoD videos, I'd like clear statement when a video is recorded using Fraps or other capturing soft, and when using build-in video tools that renders the track at full detail vide the "fake" promotional videos before release

They seem to be on the road to getting the FPS and stutters fixed. Now if they can just get the campaign fixed and make it so you can climb to altitude... :clapping:

Well, the game has got another patch and for me, it just got playable (as in I scored multiple kills and survive dogfights) with acceptable graphics!

well,now I can easy go on high with few drop (tested in the Ju-88 raid over London) or can easily go on very high oversea.SSAO ,grass ,roads on

But just one thing...setting trees and buildings density,is related to memory precatching,like the Lomac's visibility range?

That's why,in the same flight I've paused and switched the buildings density from low to high,but i've notice a difference at medium-high altitude maybe,flying lower is the same thing,same buildings.

Anyway,I hope new patches will increase performances expecially in dual core owners like me,I really like my E-8500 it never let me down.

But I really didin't see an heavenly graphics or environment,i don't wanna be blasphemous but I prefer 10 times WoP's mood,both planes,effects and environment,and huge FPS!

Nobody's perfect (MC-202 don't have a 4 blades propeller) but If it spins i can close one eye!:)

Repeat,still waiting In some improvements an mods!

I haven't run it in almost two weeks now... waiting for UP 3.0 for '46.

I haven't run it in almost two weeks now... waiting for UP 3.0 for '46.

me too!

That seems to be the norm for all but the most ardent admirers. Once you get over the oooh factor, the lack of anything resembling a campaign and the other issues, seem to be putting the lid all but the hardcore on-liners. The chorus is starting to rise "demanding" the SU-26 that was supposed to be included (why?). Too much drama! I think I'll wait a year for it to be fixed.

I wanted to patch it and give it a try today... launch, waiting... steam window pops up: "We;re sorry but servers are busy and your request etc. Try later" (in polish so not exactly that) mmmkey, later I F-KING WON'T HAVE TIME!

that did it for me, I'm on to delete this POS broken software from a "Legend" (that is you Mr. Maddox!) that failed and escaped from the sinking ship. What does it mean try later huh?! I f***ing paid for this to be able to play it when I want to do so!

ok, rant off

Cripes! As screwed up as this whole mess is, they deserve to fail.

so... not playing CloDo for two weeks +1 day hehehe