Sign in to follow this  
RAF_Louvert

All New P3 Medals While We're Waiting For P4

Thank you for your details, Lou! They are really helpful, and my attempts are getting better now.

Please don't regard is as any disregard of your works (which I may use in the end anyway) -

it is just the enthusiasm of doing the graphic bits myself, cause I enjoy doing them so much.

I will send you a PM with my blue velvet bachground - just in case you want to experiment

with that one too. Thanks again!

Good Morning All,

Gaw, many thanks Sir. My pleasure to help with the little improvements that are within my abilities.

Olham, there is no need at all for your apologetic tone my friend. I completely understand about wanting to create your own set of medals for your pilot. I am simply putting together this set for those who do not wish to delve into such a project. And thanks for the velvet background.

Wodin, I worked last night on the addition of the bar to some of the awards, (as made mention earlier by Dej), and I have it sorted out. I've slightly resized the medals without sacrificing visual quality and now have room for the attachments. I will be doing two versions of the medals that historically would have been fitted with a bar to designate an additional award of the same honour. Here is a screenshot showing the MC with Bar and the DSC with Bar:

New_OFF_Medals_Bar_Examples.jpg

I've also just completed the Military Merit Order of Bavaria and am moving on to the British Military Medal next. Once I have this latest group of tweaks and additions done I will post an updated download so that you folks can simply overwrite the whole lot at once.

Cheers!

Lou

Lou, they look superb! I will use your Entente medals; they are really fine!

This is just the kind of modding P3 needs. Looking forward to your medal set, Lou. I have a BE.2 pilot active, so maybe some day, after he's achieved something, he'll be awarded one or two of those beauties. :drinks:

Thank you Olham and Hasse Wind, I hope these will be an enhancement you'll enjoy. I am making another tweak to all the images I've been working on, based on feedback received from Dej and on the velvet image Olham sent me, both of which started me on a scrutiny of the rather flat-looking backgrounds I was originally using. After some experimenting with different textures I've settled on a crushed velvet which looks very much like that used on the inside of actual medal presentation cases. Here are examples of those I've swapped over to the new background:

New_OFF_Medals_Background_Examples.jpg

I believe this one minor change really makes the medals pop. Thanks to Dej and Olham for serving as a fine pair of muses. And any additional feedback on this project will be much appreciated as I've been working on it long enough now that it's getting a bit tricky to see with a fresh eye.

Cheers!

Lou

Lou, this is absolutely amazing work of yours, Sir, and I cannot see any reason to struggle on with mine.

Yours are perfect, and I will use them, if I may.

Nailed! :good: No further revision necessary.

The hardest thing for an artist is to know when to stop. STOP! :grin:

Like Olham, those will be replacing my medal folder. Great work, Lou.

Edited by Dej

I say perfect and get the update out sir...

May all your Huns be bagged.....

Hey Lou, before uploading, please, consider giving a second look at the Iron Crosses...

It seems to me like the Cross is not "blending" with the backround and ribbon as the other medals do.

I hope in final release you'll include both Classes of the Iron Cross...I'm not so much, into the Turkish medal, as there isn't a relevant Front in OFF, although it looks pretty fine.

Great addition the velvet backround BTW! :good:

Guys, I think, that there is no link yet - I suppose, Lou only wanted to show the last step

and will make them available again soon. The man also has a job & family.

It just keeps getting better. Thank you sir.

plug_nickel

Many thanks Olham, Dej, Wodin, gordohk, elephant, and plug_nickel. Andy, yes I did disable the old link while I wrapped up the final changes. And those changes are completed. I've decided I'm as done as I'm going to be with these. I have just uploaded the RAR file to the OFF downloads section, so it should be available soon. Here is what you will be getting in the finished set:

New_OFF_Medals_ID_Sheet.jpg

Many thanks again for all the input and kudos on this project, and I hope you folks enjoy the new eye candy for you Pilot's Pages. More bling is always better. :grin:

Cheers!

Lou

Thank you very much Sir :grin:

All worked fine, they are looking great!!! :good:

Great work...thanks very much...do we always have to go into the text file to give ourselves a different medal instead of say countless DFC's? I had to go in and change those DFC's to something else.

That is good news Andy and Wodin! Glad to know the download and my instructions worked for you Gents. Wodin, yes, you will have to go in and make the needed changes manually as I did not attempt to try and rewrite the coding of the sim, (even if I knew how). And to the DFC, it was not even instituted as an award by the King until 3 June 1918, so in reality if you are flying before that date you should be presented with the Military Cross, (or the British Distinguished Service Cross if you're flying for the RNAS). Also, if you were flying as a Sergeant you can now switch that DFC for the Military Medal, and further if you are flying in the Flanders region or serving with Belgian troops you can also use the Belgian Croix de Guerre as well. Options man, you now have options. :smile:

Cheers!

Lou

Well, I will definitely try to get to enjoy them. Only problem: I must last long enough! :grin:

Thanks a lot, Lou - they are looking marvellous!

You are more than welcome Olham. And I am quite certain that many guises of your virtual self will last long enough to enjoy them. :smile:

Lou,

You are a star Sir,

I will be flying for the Kaiser 2night. I have not been close to any flying over the last few months waiting for P4 and a more realistic DID campaign.

BUT

with those stunning new and old medals I'm back.

Ready to kill Crumpets..........

Wow Morris, I'm touched Sir. To think the modest improvement I've offered here has enticed you back to this wonderful sim, well that just warms my old heart, it does.

T hanks foe the great effort Lou! I enjoy looking at them, but never live long enough to earn them. I can now try harder though! Thanks also for the books you uploaded I now have an E reader and will someday find the time to read them. Thanks for all you do!

All the Best John

Edited by Mr_Dirt

You are more than welcome, John. I hope you will enjoy the medals and the books Sir, and for a good long time.

Paul Blum's story... the books...now these beautiful medals... you are amazing Lou! Your passion for this subject is awe inspiring!

Simply 1st rate work on these. I am downloading now.

Thank you for all your hard work! It is greatly appreciated!:good:

Ratatat