Sign in to follow this  
guyran

A Hebrew name for the F-35I

The IDF has recently purchased 20 F-35 fifth-generation stealth fighter jets from United States manufacturer Lockheed-Martin. Though delivery to Israel of the world’s most advanced attack aircraft is expected to begin only in 2015, the IDF is already looking for a Hebrew name for it.

A Hebrew name for the F-35I

Hebrew names for the plane can be proposed at the IAF’s website, or by emailing to <F.35.IAF@Gmail.com>.

I'd stick to "Lightning", but then there is already a "Barak"... :dntknw:

Something like "moneypit" or "black hole" fits too me thinks.

סמאל‎ (Samael) Because we don't know yet just how good or bad it will be, but one thing is certain.. it will fly.. and those stupid enough to be in its sights will die.. It's a fair assumption the heafty ECM and integrated stealth, advanced avionics etc will make it a seducer as well as a destroyer.. not sure about accuser though. good.gif

(Edit: Just emailed that suggestion off to them, you never know, maybe the chosen suggestion gets a prize of free ride in one? I wish lol lol.gif)

Edited by GwynO

we have plenty of time to find a good name :blink:

what about Mahatz ? :grin:

Took me a while to find my topic here (it was in the pub forum).

My suggestion was "AKAV" Buzzard in English.

Continues with the line of birds of prey names like Nesher, Ayit, Baz, and Netz.

I'd stick to "Lightning", but then there is already a "Barak"... :dntknw:

There is a word in Hebrew related to Barak (lightning), it is Reshef, meaning the light coming from the nozzle of gun during fire.

You can suggest this Norbert to the Email above.

I would vote for "Meschugge". Okay, its not hebrew, ist jidish. :grin:

סמאל‎ (Samael) Because we don't know yet just how good or bad it will be, but one thing is certain.. it will fly.. and those stupid enough to be in its sights will die.. It's a fair assumption the heafty ECM and integrated stealth, advanced avionics etc will make it a seducer as well as a destroyer.. not sure about accuser though. good.gif

(Edit: Just emailed that suggestion off to them, you never know, maybe the chosen suggestion gets a prize of free ride in one? I wish lol lol.gif)

those 5th gen doesn't come in tandems anymore....no joy for you.

How about Ruach = Ghost?

Plays on the stealthyness of the plane.