Sign in to follow this  
Olham

Did my OFF Manager lose count?

Just had the fight of my life! Trying to defend a balloon, we got under attack from 8 RNAS Triplanes.

Josef Mai's 1. Kette of 4 Albatros D.III (early), plus my 2. Kette with 8 Albatros, fought them quite well,

and they all went down. I had shot down 2 of them.

Then I found myself all alone, and turned to fly home.

Now came another flight of 6 Tripes. I hastened to get under the cover of the balloon base Flak and

machine guns, and the tight turning began. With the help of the ground fire, I brought down 3 or 4

more of them, before the rest flew away.

Trying to fly home now, I sighted a flight of S.E.5a, and another with SPAD VII. Now I had enough,

and set my craft down at Douai airfield.

I exited the sim - and got no claims form???!!!

Was all this too much for the OFF Manager? Did anyone else have such problems?

Always the chance that the game determined them to be a ground kill or one of your less then honorable flight members took credit for them. Then again 1 or 2 is much more understandable then what you had. Maybe you have gotten so good Olham that they are now computing your victories using a 10 to 1 ratio.

Maybe you have gotten so good Olham that they are now computing your victories using a 10 to 1 ratio.

That would be too much honour! :grin:

Maybe your Staffel ran out of claim forms, because you claim kills faster than they can print the paper?

Not normally, Hasse Wind.

I use the tracers of Creaghorn and elephant, which are very hard to see at all, and I normally shoot down

1 craft, sometimes 2 craft per fight. In this case, I could not do anything else but fight - those Tripes were

everywhere around us. I wouldn't have minded, if I had only been allowed to claim 1 craft.

But none - that wasn't fair.

Not normally, Hasse Wind.

I use the tracers of Creaghorn and elephant, which are very hard to see at all, and I normally shoot down

1 craft, sometimes 2 craft per fight. In this case, I could not do anything else but fight - those Tripes were

everywhere around us. I wouldn't have minded, if I had only been allowed to claim 1 craft.

But none - that wasn't fair.

And you thought we built this sim with no bias - Hah!:yikes:

btw, the DrI is porked :grin:

Well, I had to look up "to pork", and, ahm... well, I don't quite understand, what - ahm... what you devs have done to the Dreidecker??? :yikes:

Edited by Olham

LOL It's an inhouse joke left over from the days of Red Baron. There were claims, and outrageous flame wars fought on one of the old RB forums, that the DrI Flight Model was deliberately altered to neuter the DrI.:grin:

:drinks:

shredward

Ah, I see.

"Vell, I can assure you, british Gentlemen, zatt der Dr.1 is NOT porked - or "versaut", as we say in Dsherrmany.

It is not verry fast though - zatt is der only advantadge you Crumpetz vill hav over it! Run, Crumpetz, run!!!

Mmuahahahahahahaaaaa!!!!

It's an historically accurate sim and it knew there was no way anyone could shoot down so many of my beautiful tripehounds. So it just pretended that it never happened. :rofl:

Hellshade

Yeah, that's what I thought! :rofl:

That might be, TaillyHo - although I usually get a claim form after victories without witnesses.

When I fill it in, I receive a "Claim erroneus" then - but the form comes up.

But you have named a truely good reason - in RL, I would not have had witnesses.

I'll take it as that, and I don't grumble. I am getting the kills easy enough, as it is.

It does seem to vary - there are times when you think you may struggle for a witness and the claim form comes up - at other times, it doesn't.

I tend to shrug :dntknw: and think, well there is a war on ... (but I know I would feel cheated if I'd bagged 5 and couldn't even claim 1)

Better luck next time, old chap!

Maybe the ground gunners all put claims in too, and your CO laughed when you said no no they were all mine damn it.

Yeah, well - who would believe a guy saying he shot down 5 Tripes...

Yeah, well - who would believe a guy saying he shot down 5 Tripes...

Not me, that's for sure :grin:

Maybe that's the reason the British stopped using the Tripehounds. Despite performing exceptionally well in combat under ordinary circumstances, the great Ace Olham found a way to shoot them down en mass and they decided to switch to a different plane quickly before one man finished off the entire RNAS.

Hellshade

Well, you guys shoot down dozens of Albatros - I shoot down dozens of Tripes! :grin:

It's not all my fault - Mr. Sopwith's products are flying nice like butterflies.

But they do also break as easily.

:dntknw:

Edited by Olham

I'm betting it's too much kaffee mit schnapps just before take-off. You only thought you saw that many tripehounds in the air, Olham.

Fill my eyes with that double vision.

No disguise for that double vision.

Ooh, when it gets through to me, it's always new to me.

My double vision always seems to get the best of me...the best of me, yeah-ah!

:grin:

Certainly not, Lou - we do not drink alcohol very often at Jasta 5, and never in large amounts.

The British always come over with several flights, which seem to cover each other.

It is not unusual, that we fight one group of 6 - 9 scouts, and during the fight are getting jumped at

by another 6- 9.

Often, a third flight joins in; and so we often fight 12 - 18 Triplanes, plus 6- 9 N17 Lewis.

So, another good explanation would be: the British attackers are so many, that we can hardly miss?

Edited by Olham