Sign in to follow this  
PureBlue

AnatoliaProject_Version1.7z

Of course it's possible, mostly ini work would be needed for the terrain..

You'd also need to check/convert the groundobjects where needed.. The terrain will be pretty empty without those..

Plus, I think the SF2 engine is much more suited for this large project. SF1 could have even longer load times and more crashes possibly.

ok. Looks like I'm doing a new SF2 install tonight then!

The terrain is awesome but, we may be needed a tiles optimazation option as with other terrains...

I was getting many stutters with this map...

So detailed I saw Tom Conti!

LOL... I didn't see Tom Conti but found a very nice place (and unique) to land my little copter :grin:

This map is absolutely great... Thanks a lot Umut :clapping:

A huge thanks to you for all of your hard work on this terrain Pureblue. This map is fantastic and is going to be right up there with Starys Formosa, Israel and high res Germany as being my playground of choice

I just spent some time sightseeing, flying around some of the vast expanse of this map, and it dawned on me that this map holds tremendous possibilities out side of pureblue's original scope. I personally like both the Turks and the Greeks, and as they are traditional allies of my country I don't really see myself getting into shooting either side down. However it is clear to me that this map may be used in many different scenarios, that are limited only by our imagination.

As I said, this map is fantastic as is.... but imagine the pure scenic value of flying over this map if at some point in the future Starys Israel tiles were added to the Israel/ Lebanon/ Syria/ Jordan region and perhaps some of the desert storm tiles to the Egypt Libya area.

All I can say is WOW!! Thanks Pureblue.

• Like 1

yup, I too, noticed a LOT of empty territority aching to be filled....

wrench

kevin stein

Wrench, you're always thinking about the next modding project aren't you :grin:

Really, as most of you know, the maps in SF series have to be square. So to cover both countries all those empty spaces had to be included.

But the tile and height maps for those regions were never touched by me. And AFAIK there's no way to auto-tile those anymore.. one would have to manually tile :blink:

Anyway, the Greek mainland and Western Turkiye is very much populated and you'll find lots of targets to bomb , defenses to overcome, scenery to discover..

I'm planning on doing some single missions. Training missions (that follow a storyline, starting as a cadet maybe..)

And war missions, some historical, some what-ifs..

@Elephant, the tiles are 512x512, so IMHO the stuttering you're noticing should be from the vast amount of ground objects. Mostly around cities/airfields.. Try lowering gfx settings if you don't have a strong comp.

@Kreeling, do you fly with TODs turned off? There ought to be lots of trees up there. :) Check out Aksaz Naval Base near Marmaris/Dalaman Airport. A few nice helo pads there to land on.

I'm going to create a new topic to discuss more ideas we could implement for the terrain. Stay tuned :good:

I'm going to create a new topic to discuss more ideas we could implement for the terrain. Stay tuned :good:

Don't forget to post to post the URL here too when you do :)

and btw, would be nice to start posting some screenshots here (stating maybe also which base, target, city, area etc it is)

@Kreeling, do you fly with TODs turned off? There ought to be lots of trees up there. :)

Yes sir... My old rig doesn't support the map otw :grin:

west of ataturk (sp?) airport, an SG75 tile is missing; right near that one, a GJ25 (??) looks to be missing as well.

So, far, only things I found! Loving the detail!!

wrench

kevin stein

Wrench, it's because of the road and the lack of various SG tiles. It's pretty narrow around Istanbul, to get in 2 lakes, roads and stuff. but i think i can improve on it a little.

Here's 2 bugs I found:

Drama and Xanthi Army bases were defined as airfields. (how did that slip by?!)

They don't have runways so don't try to take off from these.

(Will be included in patch)

Delete these 2 lines from Anatolia_Targets.ini. For [TargetArea111] and [TargetArea058]

AirfieldDataFile=

NumSquadrons=

Edited by PureBlue

Simply one of the greatest mods ever!

Many thanks to every person involved in this project.

Just one question. Many air bases have not lights on runway. I want to change it so that every AB can have runway lights.

Any ideas?

Glad you like it mate!

I didn't do enough night flight testing so yes some airfields might be missing lights. If you just want to do the approach lights, it's easy.

For the missing ones:

1- First find the airfield entry in the anatolia_targets.ini.

Check the AirfieldDataFile=XXX.ini

this file contains the takeoff/landing/parking coordinates AND the lightings.

2- In the XXX.ini file find the [LightSetXXX] entries.

The lights are defined with the ENPoints. They are the x,y coordinates..

You can check the airfields with working lights, for reference.

Please post any additions, I can add them to the next patch. :good:

Edited by PureBlue

No, I mean the runway lights. Approach lights are OK.

I'll soon be releasing a patch for this.

- New Helo base Stefanoviki

- more anti-ship and armed recon stations

- Map fixes

- a few small ground object fixes

- Deleted shimmering Stadium in Athina

any glaring bugs you guys think need fixing?

:clapping::drinks:

i am so short on time since this has been released :( :( Hope i would have the chance to check anytime soon for bugs

hi pure blue, great job

but just a question

how can i fix this (or avoid it)

img00015.jpg

img00017.jpg

fire the helmsmen??? :lol:

looks like a shipping route needs re-routing! (oh man, been there done that!)

Or it's Elric and the other incarnations of the Imortal Heros in the Ship(s) That Sail Over Land and Sea??

wrench

kevin stein

Hi Murphy.

There was only 1 shipping route, so that's not the problem i think. This is a custom single mission you created right?

First, the game engine doesn't process land or sea, so the AI will sail across land, if they have their waypoints set like that. (or if they're chasing/running away from an opponent)

When designing a custom mission,

Try to place naval vehicles away from land, because the resolution of the mission map, and the resolution of the WATER_MAP (which tells the game engine where sea/land is) are not the same.

Plus the Aegean sea has many islands. So these two maps have an exact match, in the Anatolia Project.

That's why in the design map your carrier looks to be in water, but in the game it's ontop of a cliff :)

Edited by PureBlue

Hi Murphy.

There was only 1 shipping route, so that's not the problem i think. This is a custom single mission you created right?

First, the game engine doesn't process land or sea, so the AI will sail across land, if they have their waypoints set like that. (or if they're chasing/running away from an opponent)

yes it's a custom mission

I'll soon be releasing a patch for this.

- New Helo base Stefanoviki

- more anti-ship and armed recon stations

- Map fixes

- a few small ground object fixes

- Deleted shimmering Stadium in Athina

any glaring bugs you guys think need fixing?

This mod is awesome, i cant wait for a "campaign" file, pleaseeeeeeeeee dont let me suffer more time hahahahha....

Thanks very much for this work, i really appreciate that you share this, it looks like a 1.000.000 hours work.

Greetings from Spain.

Hello friends.

I have installed the terrain in the Gen1 and with some minor modifications it works perfectly... Except for some textures of the runways. I guess these textures are in the game and therefore have not been included. There is some alternative texture for the runways, which can be downloaded?

Thanks!