In anticipation for maybe a SF2 Props Thread

B-17F WIP SF2

Edited by Veltro2k

Guest Tazkiller
:yikes::clapping::drinks:

:good:

wrench

kevin stein

I was just about to ask if anyone was working on a prop campaign for SF2. So "Is" anyone working on one?

Flying the Spits over the gorgeous addon terrain for Israel is just sheer joy. Maybe a WW2 Libyan campaign is coming...?

Nice B-17, cheers Veltro :good:

Shrike, on the subject of SF2 prop campaigns, give me a decent SF2 level prop planeset and I'm all over it :grin:

As has been said elsewhere, it's the SF2 models and FMs in particular that are the issue.

But now we have a stock Spit & Mustang, and I'm sure I've seen a 109G mod for SF2 around here, we are getting close. With Veltro's B-17 and a decent SF2 Luftwaffe bomber, we almost have enough to make it doable/worthwhile.

Fingers crossed. . .

My biggest issue with props in SF2 is the prop-textures and detailed enough damage models. I think the prop textures need some improvement from the stock unmoving non-rotating disk that we have right now. Veltro2K's look awesome though! Also, is there some way you could have thrust vectoring set to prop pitch, or mixture? That would add a LOT of realism! :drinks:

Looks great!

liamp51

How hard is it to convert a plane from SF1 to SF2?

I have a couple Hurricanes, Tempest. and a MC.205 from SF1 that I installed in SF2:Israel. They needed a number of tweeks to loadouts and the FMs needed adjustments ( the Tempest waaay outperformed the Jets) but it was all doable. Is there some other aspect of the conversion that gets more technical?

yes, completely rebuilt FMs to meet SF2 criteria (approx 300 needed, for aircraft variants) and

completely rebuilt aircraft lods that meet SF2 criteria (although, I'm quite flexable on that -- as long as they fly correctly, I can overlook lod issues. After all, you should only be outside the cockpit for screenshots)

wrench

kevin stein

Its al Hit or Miss...There are some FMs out there that are close enough for Props..all a matter of minor Engine and control surface Tweaks..all possible...besides ( no offence meant ) I'm tired of seeing only F-4,A-7,and F-18 Pics

I'm tired of seeing only F-4,A-7,and F-18 Pics

Agreed! And I'm an F-4 phanboy...

FM´s after today do seem that hard today since after a small chat CadeteBRA was able to fix DAT spitfire Ib now its fly ok to me on SF2 jan patch

i not were he did his magic but it does stall on veryu turn lite it did fly like 06 patch level so guys fix are not hard its just a matter of will and getting hand drity

and im going back has soon has possible to my prop work now that i know fix are in range

Edited by cocas

i only changed this part on data.ini:

AlphaStall=7.63

AlphaMax=11.81

AlphaDepart=15.81

is not mine intention violate any copyright by the DAT team, but the alphastall in 7.63 make the plane very hard to turn in FM hard... i just put more 8 degrees in each alpha stall,max and depart, and the plane turn much bether. maybe not a too realistc seting but make the plane flyable in hard FM.