Sign in to follow this  
Baltika

Baltika's Full-Scale New Zealand Terrain for SF2

Baltika's Full-Scale New Zealand Terrain for SF2

New Zealand Full-Scale Terrain

by Baltika

beta v 0.8

INSTALLATION:-

For SF2 series, drop the NZ folder into the "Terrains" folder in the Mod folder.

The default NZ_data.ini file is set up for SF2.

If you are unfamiliar with the Mod folder concept in SF2, read this:-

http://combatace.com/topic/62302-what-is-the-mod-folder/

For WoX/SFP1 series, drop the NZ folder into your Terrain folder in your main game install.

Use the NZ_DATA.INI file in the "Use in WoX" folder.

CREDITS:-

Deuces for his Germany_CE tileset repaint which is the core tileset used here.

Stary for his Forests and Farms mod which has been extended for use here.

All the gang at Combatace. Not a hobby, more a way of life ;-)

Baltika's musings:

Ironically, this is one of the first terrain projects I started, but has taken a very long time to reach this stage. Other things have taken priority at various times, but I always came back to this. I confess it has been sitting on my hard drive for some time. I have reviewed various WIPs and decided that, given the development lead in time for terrain projects is so long, it is better to release such projects as they reach advanced beta stage.

Targetisation is rather "cut & paste" for now. I will update the targets.ini as and when time permits. Meantime, all tiling work is finished, all runways plotted and flattened, and all target areas set. All mission types are activated for Red and Blue flyable forces.

Comments, feedback, bug reports and Single Malt Whisky to Baltika ;-)

Real life purists may wish to note that there are various remnants of the Third Age crumbling in the mountains - although some of them still have bite, so fly carefully!

Slàinte mhòr!

Baltika

15 April 2011

holy crap!

well, I guess I can shelf that rebuild now, huh? :lol: ...

EDIT: some quickie comments:

Location=1 is alwasy FRIENDLY,

Location=2 is always ENEMY

so those need switching throughout the _Targets.ini

I have fully paved versions of the Runway2 and 3, so when you want them....(too many Runway1/5/6s used)

I know it's a beta, but some transtions should be made for the city/airfield tiles, some 'sheltered ports' are needed too. Easy enough to do!!

I see you solved the problem I was having with Lake Rotorua (sp?) Looks GREAT!!

I also have the layout for Marsden Point Refinery (but it'll need locating, as its off the other map)

the thing looks GREAT!! Found Osgilith! Maybe some parked WW2 planes at Wanaka? :grin:

EDIT: (again!) will need the desert_airfield*.inis added as well, as some of the airfields are pointing to the Desert airbases. For those that want them, you can find them in pretty much any of my terrain mods; just copy/paste DIRECTLY into the NZ folder, and shen (as my grandmother would've said)

wrench

kevin stein

Edited by Wrench
added comments

Hi everyone, glad you like it :good:

Wrench, thanks for the suggestions, good stuff as always :drinks:

If you can send me over your runways (or point to where I can d/l them) I'll add them in.

Sorry for not releasing this sooner :sorry:

I have reviewed my terrain release strategy, so flyable betas will be released once they are advanced enough, with targetisation upgardes to follow periodically.

Anybody know how to make the map required to get the sea/ground unit thing running in the SF2 mission editor?

Cheers everyone,

Baltika

export the heightmap as a bmp (or what I do -which is slightly easier), use the planningmap3. Then repaint the land black and the water red. I think, iirc, it's saved as Index not RGB, then resize to 512x512, and rename to NZ_water.bmp, and list in the main ini (NZ.ini)

I'll locate all the bits for R2 & R3; I know I edited the runway3.lod to rename a tga, so I'll have to find it. (I know it's in the Cuba and MidWestUSA, but....you know that goes!)

you want the modified port tiles as well? (they'll need repainting, as they're basef off stock GCE -replacing the city parts and maybe the ocean as well.

don't forget stary's lighthouses!!! And carrier stations!

(or, I can always zip up tonix's whole terrain "as is" and you can use what's needed from my version of -no tiles included other than my new ones)

Edit: what I meant on the locations, was just split into North and South Island; unless you want to keep the counties (??) or whatever! <grin>

wrench

kevin stein

Edited by Wrench

Can't wait to try it out tonight at home !!. My daughter is in Wellington at the moment, will buzz her and she can spot me and tell me how it looks by telephone (ha, ha). :grin:

Houdoe,

Derk

Great! Thanks!

@ Kevin:

will you implement Sundowners Airbase objects????

actually, I only used stock items, to keep it more simple, until a full major targeting campaign could be implimented (but it's moot at this point ... Baltika's is light years better!)

wrench

kevin stein

Well, did try it out, long recce trip to the northeast of North Island to one of the easter eggs (including buzzing enemy occupied Wellington)

IT IS GREAT !!!!!!

Thanks a lot Baltika,:good:

Houdoe,

Derk

Great terrain man, thanks a bunch.

What a blast, zooming between the mountains in an A-4 Kahu!