Sign in to follow this  
Wrench

@ Museli and our other Dutch friends

this what you're looking for?

have a few more decals to make. Perfect example of what I was saying ... less than 10 minutes work!! (well, I DO cheate, having an exceedingly large stash of Modex numbers ready for use as needed :grin:

There are some marking on the ver fin, below the yellow box that the Warpaint book isn't telling me what they are. If you all have any pics, or links to some, it'll help

wrench

kevin stein

• Like 1

Found this picture.

203_SP-2_Gordon_Macadie_02_1280a.jpg

• Like 1

that helps a LOT guys!!

looks like the last 4 digits of the BuNum (I HOPE!!)

wrench

kevin stein

holy crap, that´s beautyful

I´m not Dutch too, but I live near the border

and during my Air Force Service i was based for 6 month in Holland! :lol:

Looking pretty nice Kevin! :good:

Edited by Soulfreak

WOW!!!!

Well, that looks great!good.gif

- glass looks a bit blue?

Edited by peterbezemer

green-ish to my eyes! I think all the glass uses the same tga (but never really looked!) Just pretend it's tinted for sun glare!! :grin:

looking at some other photos are airliners.net, it looks like teh tag prolly reads as

SP-2H

xxx

where xxx is the modex number (200-218). Easy enough to do.

wrench

kevin stein

The numbers you're after at the tailbase are the same as the numbers on the nose

I'll look further into it at home tonight. The Neptunes where stationed at Valkenburg NAS j(closed) just a few miles down the road. A former chief technical officer of the base lives nearby, and I've got some nice books, an 1:72 model, and even a set of pilots safety belts of the good old Neptune... So if you need details.... (if necessary, a trip to the Airforce Museum where they have a neptune takes just 45 minutes....)

Skin looks very nice !:good:but for the first few small things: the white parts of the fuselage were normally painted very regularly and did not look so wheathered. Further: the grey walkway like things on top of the front part of the fuselage don't look familiar, the white paint extends a bit in front of the propdisc warning circle, and no red propspinners, but as I said I'll look it up tonight

Houdoe

Derk

Edit: the Neptune at MLM Soesterberg has been moved to Lelystad Airport for maintanance a month ago..... (no use visiting it now...)

Edited by Derk

I´m not Dutch too, but I live near the border

and during my Air Force Service i was based for 6 month in Holland! :lol:

Looking pretty nice Kevin! :good:

Oirschot or Budel ???:grin:

Houdoe,

Derk

Carlo, yup. Spent a lot of time there this week!!! :lol:

upper walkways are easy enough to remove (thank the gods I had the forsight to make them a sepearte layer!)

pics posted later today

W

ok, now this IS some weird s**t... found the tga for the glass (veridos.tga -doh! since verde is green in Spanish)

Made it transparant, and the shadows came back. Beyond my limited understanding!!! :crazy:

other shot is with all the decals (more or less correctly) placed., upper fus walkways removed, spinner repainted Just needs a readme, then out the door it goes

• Like 2

Yippee, sweet to see!

Oirschot or Budel ???:grin:

Houdoe,

Derk

Budel! :grin: