Sign in to follow this  
Stratos

F-100 D Lakenheath cammo?

Author says this:

F-100 D finished in the markings of Lakenheath 'Panthers'

And the pilot wears a Bulltproff moustache, so I assume is based on SEA, but is that scheme realistic?

SAM_0411.jpg

SAM_0319.jpg

Ha! That's my best friend's F-100D Sabre he did! His name on CA is "Moofles." He does lots of plastic models and things, did you get those pics on "Britmodeller.com"? He's a member on there. Coo!

Hello all, yes that model is mine, i live in mildenhall and my father watched the F-100s fly for many years in that scheme, so its as accurate as i can make it, you may notice many colour photos of Lakenheath F-100s on the net with a darker tone of green almost a slate green, all i can put it down to is in mildenhall and lakenheath rains alot and its somewhat overcast a fair bit of the time so this may be reflected in the photos. The only really questionable thing is the loadout as i am unsure wheter lakenheath F-100s ever carried that loadout, but it looks rather good.

Cheers for the intrest.

also even though its the wrong unit, i based some of the colour call outs from this photo as it shows a more used and weathered approach, again the amount of reseach i put into the aircraft means that im am very confidant in the final paintscheme.

f100_top.jpg

Edited by Moofles

For the record, what model did you use ?

Houdoe,:good:

Derk

its italeris 1/72 F-100, aftermarket are...the cockpit is Aires, the pilot is pavla, the decals are xtradecals, and the ordinance is hasegawas. Painted using a good old fashioned brush using humbrol enamels.

Looks good - was it just the F-100D that had this scheme?

Amazing!! Thanks a lot for the info and the clarifications! Really useful

its italeris 1/72 F-100, aftermarket are...the cockpit is Aires, the pilot is pavla, the decals are xtradecals, and the ordinance is hasegawas. Painted using a good old fashioned brush using humbrol enamels.

Great, lots of fun using aftermarket stuff or extra's from other models. Gives your model the personal touch ... :good: Jordy, are you still active in kit building ? The shop in Aalsmeer is still alive & kicking !!!!

Houdoe,

Derk

Edited by Derk