Sign in to follow this  
Stary

WW2 "generic, stand-in" cockpits pack

yes I'll do, but not right now -for later 109s (G,K) Kess' pit is ok, but for Emils. Sf1 pits work without problems in Gen2

hehe what I meant was that I'll try one for Gustavs perhaps, not that Kess pit is ok for them :smile:

(but it's fine cockpit)

ATTENTION!!!

Fix for "EARLY_WW2_COCKPIT_3" (British fighter look alike) cockpit -fix moves the gunsight a little to align aimpoint better (was set to high) and fixes airspeed indicator (needle was rotating along wrong axis)

unpack to the (aircraft) directory you're using this pit in, overwrite cockpit ini file:

one more thing -I tried to make them working in series 1, BUT seems the verison of exporter I'm using doesn't export to LOD format Gen1 reads no longer, so it's a no go sadly... I hope more and more propheads will be moving towards Gen2 in following weeks... at least the second half of whole dozen of us :drinks:

:lol: I thought we were up to 27.3 people, a coupla years ago???

Thanks Kulbit, I'll try this one :good:

I admit I removed the "double" static gunsight from the "Spit" cockpit, and recoloured the base textures... A decent late Bf109-style one would be good too, I must say!

then post the repaint and tweak Nigel :ok:

this is a "basic" pack for everyone to tweak and modify after all :good:

I made the gunsights this way (build into model caged) because I hate the TW floating ones, especially in old no fancy avionics/Head-up display planes

I'll do the late 109 in near future

I found the exporter version that works with Max 11 and exports to Series1 format :drinks:

in the process of converting to Gen1 :good:

Thanks to Kulbit80! I've found and used older TW exporter to, well, export the meshes to older Series 1 format, for those having both Series 1 and Series 2 WW2 installs (like me), available here:

http://combatace.com/files/file/12022-ww2-generic-stand-in-cockpits-series-1-edition/

includes Spitfire-like cockpit corrections posted several posts back :ok:

Edited by Stary

I really love these cockpits! The late 109s and 190s are badly needed too.

Stary, could you make a new one by mixing the #6 panel/sides/gunsight + #8 full frames. It should be a good fit for some planes like the SAAB J-21R.

Stary, could you make a new one by mixing the #6 panel/sides/gunsight + #8 full frames. It should be a good fit for some planes like the SAAB J-21R.

like this?

strangely, exported to Series1 format but doesn't work ok, but works w/o problems in Series2 :dntknw:

Edited by Stary

like this?

strangely, exported to Series1 format but doesn't work ok, but works w/o problems in Series2 :dntknw:

Holy Molly!!!! YES!!!!!!!!!!! Could you post this one PLEASE? :clapping:

a newer or even 'close enough' 190 pit is DESPERATELY desired!! (even though I'm more of a PTO-kinda guy -- done plenty of Butcher Bird mods!!!)

I started some work on late 109, but it'll take more than 2 weeks I guess

I'll upload the above pit tomorrow -it's kinda ok stand-in for A-36 and others I guess

These are great, Stary. Got to second that Butcher Bird cockpit request. Right now I have Europe, Russia, Africa, and a small PTO SF2 setup, so keep them coming, please. And thanks for all your hard work.

Edited by Heck

These are REALLY GREAT!! I had no problems downloading them. I did find one animation issue and was wondering if its a quick fix??? The Late WW2 heavy fighter cockpit...the rudder pedals move together (same direction) when you add rudder. (both in or both out). Is there and ini tweak for this or is it in the animation? THANKS!! CHAMP

maybe it's for an Ercoupe???

I started some work on late 109, but it'll take more than 2 weeks I guess

I'll upload the above pit tomorrow -it's kinda ok stand-in for A-36 and others I guess

How´s it going?

109? uh oh, on hold right now I'm affraid, please be patient