Sign in to follow this  
daddyairplanes

Organizing SF2 download section

57 members have voted

1. 1. Should the SF2 Download section now be broken down by types?

As was noted in another thread the SF2 Download section is getting close to the 1000 file mark, especially the aircraft and skins sections. This is simply to see who thinks it is getting a bit unwieldy to search through, and who thinks it is time to organize a bit. The template to organize is there in the Gen1 download section though we may not need all the subfolders just yet. Thank you for your time, and kep your comments civil please.

It's a great Idea but hasn't it been tried before and resulted in lots of broken links?

Would it be taken offline for say a weekend or even a week to be rebuilt or would it be kept online while being updated as the offline method could cause less issues as a guess?

Edited by ianh755

one of the moderators could enlighten us on that matter better. judging by the opening of the Prophead and WhatIf forums recently, and threads that were moved into them i would not think so but those are powers above my level so i only speak from observation, not practical knowledge.

From what little I understand of the process it's not so much just a "plug and play" software. I think overall the inclusion of the sections requires A) the site being shut down and B) some time to decide whether or not it's really worth it. But then again it's not so much a moderator but Admin question since I nor the other moderators deal with the forum software, where Erik would as opposed to me, etc.

messy SF2 download = reason why people still play series 1 :grin:

j/k, it's not the only reason

I voted yes, but to my understanding such process isn't simple, as Dave several times stated in the past when asked about this.

For time being, search function is our friend

• Like 1

thank you for the input EricJ. i knew the moderators would have better knowledge than me, if no capabilities.

If enough people vote yes on this then Erik might shoot a reorganization next time he upgrades the site. this don't garuntee change but hey maybe good old democracy might change things. You don't ask/vote the answer stays a definite no.

Hey folks.

Unfortunately, from what I understand, it's not a user friendly function and takes a bit of time to do.

And is easy to screw up and take the whole site down by accident.

However, the Admins have noted the issue and we'll come up with something soon...I hope.

FC