Sign in to follow this  
RAF_Louvert

The Illustrated BOC News, July 9, 2011

I don't believe it is worthy of a sticky though, but thank you for the high praise.

Don't get me wrong there, Lou - it IS worthy of a "sticky", Sir.

But I know that Pol tries to keep the "sticky" space tight, and it wouldn't even be necessary to do,

cause each time you post in there, it will pop up top of the page anyway; and we can do with

some more activity on the posting page, IMHO.

I am definitely looking forward to any future numbers - a big thumb-up!

Edited by Olham

Dej, that song text of yours is great. And now you even got it changing verses.

How did you do that? Is it an animated GIF?

Thanks Olham, yes, an animated GIF it is. Part of the 'Barmyness for the Barmy Mess' music collection, featuring popular songs of that ilk as well as music by J.S.BOCh, Luigi BOCcherini, Arnold BOCs et al.

...as well as music by J.S.BOCh, Luigi BOCcherini, Arnold BOCs et al.

:lol: Raaaaaahhhh, this barmyness is killing me!!!

For the Overture, I recommend Ludwig van BOChoven!

:rofl:

"OFF Community divided over whether to patition or not"

I don't know whether it's because it's Python-esque...but everytime I read this, it cracks me up!! :lol:

In my Vice-Presidential capacity may I mention that 'Fly Swatting with a Toothpick' will definitely be one of the featured events at the next BOC Sports Day along with 'Cocktail Stick Javelin Throwing'; 'Rather-more-than-tiddly Winks'; 'Nailing Jelly to the Wall'; 'Model T Hangar Slalom'; the comparatively mundane 'Bicycle Racing' and other events yet to be determined.

Contact (tink... tink... tink...) Clear!

I am very disappointed to see that the Pro-Celebrity Ant Rolling race has been postponed...AGAIN! :nea:

:rofl:

Don't forget the wheel spat toss, Bowden cable fencing, and the ever-popular 'Cleverest Use of a Magneto in the Club Bar' competition.

Also, Dej, your animated sig is OUTSTANDING!

Let's hope that The Illustrated BOC News (TIBOCN) will never become part of the Murdoch empire! That would exceed all decent barmyness. :grin:

I am very disappointed to see that the Pro-Celebrity Ant Rolling race has been postponed...AGAIN! :nea:

Not indefinitely WM, it's only because we've run out of Rizlas.

:rofl: ...getting a little barmier every day! :rofl:

As you, Mr. President, and you, Mr. Vice President, seem to have agreed on the

most barmy way of writing our salute, I will not stand back and use the same.

PS: that BOC Sports Day will hopefully be as barmy as this event:

Edited by Olham

:rofl: Great Stuff! Who said print is dead!

Crossbones

Edited by Crossbones

In regards to being Barmy, I wonder if I am alone in the fact that whenever I get my hands on a new WWI book (new to me) I turn to the index and search for all of my paternal/maternal family names? No cigar... so far.

Super job Lou very funny :)

Sticky space is precious but we can make it a sticky if everyone wants and ultimately Lou wants to do more. The first post would need links to each edition or something - and editing of course.

May I add to the list of Barmy Sports the ever popular Cracked Corn and Chicken Chess, The Hidden Weasel of Suprise, The Rumpty Farman Plop, The thrilling St Omer Chimney Inner tube toss, and Floating down the Somme in old Fuselages Regatta, (There's an actual historic precedence for this one..)

In regards to being Barmy, I wonder if I am alone in the fact that whenever I get my hands on a new WWI book (new to me) I turn to the index and search for all of my paternal/maternal family names? No cigar... so far.

Did you check "The Jasta Pilots" or "Above the Lines", both by Norman Franks?

(Of course this only makes sense, when you had German ancestors).

Brilliant Lou, you never cease to amaze me with you talent for writing and pure craziness.

As Always Best wishes John

BOC News is a definite sticky! good.gif.pagespeed.ce.PoYRIVsMjL.gif

Let's not get too crazy! The Stickies are crowding the daily Forum posts off the page.

But it helps that you've popped it to the top for our present enjoyment!  I hadn't see this, so thanks!  That's quite a piece of work.  Don't know that I geta ll the inside jokes, but what I do are great!  And the Dodo!  They can't fly! :biggrin: