Sign in to follow this  
Dave

CombatAce Needs Your Help

That costs alot more actually.. .

you can upload as a guest use on most of these sites and usualy the file stays for a few good month

even for a longer period of time depend on the download of it

make batches of files and give links to them

should save a lot of money and for free :good:

Thanks for the Guidance, Dave.

All the rest of you out there. It's time to help out. Each of you can give up two or three beers at the local tavern and contribute $10-20 bucks for this, our, simulator site. Consider all of the time each of us has spent wandering through the forums, downloading the latest skin/add-on, and, generally, fooling around with flight sims led by the vigorous contributors to this site. Seems like not much to chip in when you think about it.

Let's get with it and keep this place ours.

So far only 10 people have given for a total of $174.40 since I posted on 25 Jul. For those of yo who have contributed, thank you but we need more. So if you can give please do....Thank you all.

Awwww man....

How many members do we actually have? How much is downloaded by how many people?

I mean, even in my situation I try to give a few bucks to keep CA alive.... and I can't even spare

a dime. I 'll do it again next month if it is needed, but I hope others (many others!!) will step in

and help out, too!

Muesli

Edited by Muesli

OKAY!!!! I would have to use US postal money order -- no paypal. Or have friend or family who do use paypal donate (if I donate to them first).

Any way to do that through mail? It'll be worth it. I have a good bit left from saving for new computer build....PM me if there is.

I figure over the years I downloaded, well take a look (some very heavily changed from "stock")...

:yikes:c49fc093.jpg:yikes:

I dont have any way to process anything mailed in Lexx. Paypal goess right to our account to be withdrawn for the monthly fee.

Hi!

I can still NOT believe the complete lack of interest to help out. CA has thousands of members, hundreds coming here regularly....

I would have thought CA by now had at least $2,500 collected, and I am speaking my mind here when I say I am really disappointed!

Even in some bad situations, people try to make an effort to make CA what it is today. These people do that for free, in their

spare time! Many others enjoy the forum ànd the downloads. Why isn't it possible to make a donation when CA needs YOU?

Or is CA just a place to stop by when YOU need CA? If so, don't be surprised when there will be changes in the future. No money

means no space for all the downloads. Eventually no CA! Like that idea?

Reason I am so angry is the fact that this site is the best there is in this genre and it has 1,000s of 'members' who now

turn a blind eye. The silence is deafening... Although I am chronically short of funds, I tried to help out by donating. It is not

possible that all of these members haven't seen this cry-for-help topic. By just ignoring this and hoping for the best (as I figure

also happened one time earlier our help was asked) i.m.h.o. you do not belong here! I do not mean the people with legitimate

reasons! But it's really time to step up and save CA!

I am now going outside, drive around in my LW and hopefully flatten some dumb animal stupid enough to cross the street in my

vicinity. Man, i am really p*ssed! Except for the 'regulars' I always had a prettier picture of the CA community than I now have...

Pretty disappointed, and I don't care about the following reactions. Help out, or p*ss off.

Iwan

Hi!

I can still NOT believe the complete lack of interest to help out. CA has thousands of members, hundreds coming here regularly....

I would have thought CA by now had at least $2,500 collected, and I am speaking my mind here when I say I am really disappointed!

Even in some bad situations, people try to make an effort to make CA what it is today. These people do that for free, in their

spare time! Many others enjoy the forum ànd the downloads. Why isn't it possible to make a donation when CA needs YOU?

Or is CA just a place to stop by when YOU need CA? If so, don't be surprised when there will be changes in the future. No money

means no space for all the downloads. Eventually no CA! Like that idea?

Reason I am so angry is the fact that this site is the best there is in this genre and it has 1,000s of 'members' who now

turn a blind eye. The silence is deafening... Although I am chronically short of funds, I tried to help out by donating. It is not

possible that all of these members haven't seen this cry-for-help topic. By just ignoring this and hoping for the best (as I figure

also happened one time earlier our help was asked) i.m.h.o. you do not belong here! I do not mean the people with legitimate

reasons! But it's really time to step up and save CA!

I am now going outside, drive around in my LW and hopefully flatten some dumb animal stupid enough to cross the street in my

vicinity. Man, i am really p*ssed! Except for the 'regulars' I always had a prettier picture of the CA community than I now have...

Pretty disappointed, and I don't care about the following reactions. Help out, or p*ss off.

Iwan

+1 On that my friend... I will admit in the past I have not had the funds to do so or the ability to send the funds in... but now I can I will.

Edited by Slartibartfast

Well if it gets any worse I am going to have to thorttle the bandwidth big time. I am monitoring the useage and if a spike happens Im not going to have do that. I would think with over 50000 members we could get enough for the rest of the year. We arent going to shut down but out of pocket expenses are going to start hurting Erik's pocket book. I am storting a cash hord right now to make another payment here next payday.

Times are tough though, so its kind of hard to ask for money when most dont have it themselves.

I know how much I want to help with a little cash to keep this place up and running... But I'm so low on cash so it'll have to wait a bit before I can spit any cash. maybe a month or two

I did my share...

Muesli is right in a way and if he can help why don't I or others like me?

I don't download anthing, I usualy enter the pub the and the general aviation forums and that's it!

but I do love this place and it's been like my (aviation) home and I have no replacement to it

good luck Dave, Erik, Fates and others who help keep this place alive

Cheers,

Hen.

Hello, franklin the 3rd is on the way with paypall so should be there in few days.