BTW HomeFries, i'll put you in the next ReadMe for the NATOPS Manual Textures. I forgot to add you this time. Thanks for the Pic! Looks much better than the old one.

You're welcome, Spectre, and no worries. My contribution is just a drop in the bucket compared to what you guys have done.

Hi Spectre. Awesome work with the superpack. I've been trying to initiate myself in .ini editing and i would like to add the additional HSD modes (NAV and RWR) to the ThirdWire Tomcats using a similar method to select in between them (ripple quantity key or interval), and since i want to release the mod when it's done for anyone interested.

Can i have permission to use some of your work (HSD NAV) for the purpose of giving the TW Tomcat the same capability? When people asked for it TK answered that SF2 is just a game and there is no need for NAV modes...

Thanks

Thanks Spectre and everyone at the TMF.

One question:

I know you guys are using this cockpit as a stand-in for the F-14D's while the new one isn't ready, but what about the A cockpit? Have you guys plans for it or you want to keep using the current F-14A+ (B) for the A models?

Hi Spectre. From what i understand by reading a few threads around what i want to do isn't possible. I thought that with just some .ini tweaking i could add the RWR and digital compass to the Thirdwire cockpit HSD.

But i deeply appreciate granted permission! Thanks!

Great job Spectre !!!

Love it so much

but why the AB is so bright / luminous ? when you take off at night the afterburner lit half carrier flight deck and in the cockpit there's too much light... IMO...

could be reduced ? can I do it my own way ?

thank you

regards

Simone

in the data ini, you can always swap out the afterburner emitter for something else (it's listed in each engines statements

[Engine1]

ReferenceName=Pratt & Whitney TF30-P-414A

SystemType=JET_ENGINE

InputName=THROTTLE_CONTROL

EngineID=1

HasAfterburner=TRUE

NumAfterburnerStages=5

SLThrustDry=54940.00

SLThrustWet=92970.00

ThrustAngles=0.00,0.00,0.00

ThrustPosition=-1.506,-3.00,0.0

ThrottleRate=0.3

NozzleAnimationID=10

IdleThrottle=0.10

IdleRPM=0.68

IdleNozzle=1.0

CruiseThrottle=0.37

CruiseRPM=0.82

CruiseNozzle=1.0

MilThrottle=0.65

MilRPM=1.0

MilNozzle=0.5

MaxThrottle=0.78

MaxRPM=1.0

MaxNozzle=0.7

FullABThrottle=1.12

FullABRPM=1.00

FullABNozzle=0.0

AltitudeTableNumData=11

AltitudeTableDeltaX=1828.8

AltitudeTableStartX=0.0

AltitudeTableData=1.000,0.832,0.685,0.559,0.451,0.359,0.282,0.211,0.158,0.118,0.000

DryMachTableNumData=11

DryMachTableDeltaX=0.2

DryMachTableStartX=0.0

DryMachTableData=1.000,0.967,0.981,1.041,1.148,1.303,1.494,1.723,1.982,2.256,2.513

WetMachTableNumData=11

WetMachTableDeltaX=0.2

WetMachTableStartX=0.0

WetMachTableData=1.000,0.984,1.021,1.112,1.264,1.487,1.779,2.157,2.641,3.244,3.982

MaxInletTemperature=125.4

GyroscopicInertia=

TSFCM0=0.843

TSFCM1=1.260

AfterburnerTSFC=1.970

MinFuelFlow=0.01

ExhaustEmitterName=CleanExhaustEmitter

ExhaustEffectSize=0.9

ExhaustPosition=-1.506,-7.650,-0.548

AfterburnerEmitterName=F14BAfterburnerEmitter <-----------------

AfterburnerEffectSize=1.25

MinExtentPosition=-2.164,-7.321,-1.207

MaxExtentPosition=-0.847,-3.796,0.111

FireSuppression=TRUE

GasTempMaxRPM=678.0

GasTempIdleRPM=420.0

GasTempChangeRate=5.0

OverheatTemp=750.0

DamageTempDelta=300.0

OilPressMaxRPM=70.0

OilPressIdleRPM=30.0

OilPressChangeRate=0.5

LowOilPress=12.0

LowOilTempDelta=400.0

I think it's this line in the F14BAFTERBURNEREMITTER.ini: LightRange=200.0. I think it's got to be reduced, pretty drastically, IIRC; like LightRange=5.0. It's in the KB, someplace.

Edited by SupGen

Well, it's definitely that line...just not that file! :biggrin: The Superpack contains three AfterburnerEmitter .inis, however only one is used; F100PW_BURNEREMITTER.INI. If you open that file you'll see that LightRange=500.0, reduce that as I said in the above post and you're all set. Of course, you can play with it and set it where you like. I thought I had read about this in the KB, but I just looked and couldn't find it; it had to do with Afterburner Effects carried over from SF1. I guess there's still a few hiding out there.

Good morning everyone, ( here is 2.12AM )

thank you man, I'll do that way... ;-)

could be that my english isn't so good as I wish .... I just intended to ask the author if this was a reasoned choice, and if he would correct it in future updates.

Anyway ... thank you all for answers!

regards

Thank you SupGen, :-)

Wilco..

I see that may2013 patch is out... will try it before adding any changes to my mods... Hope all things keep working correctly.

thank you once again to all of you, guys!

Hi.

Thanks guys for answering Spool. been away a few days. I'll lower the Lightrange in the next update.

Full Pack's updated to the v1.21 Caesar and SupGen worked on months ago. Sorry it took me so long to update the Full Pack.

I can't see the VDI (It's off), or the radar in the MDIG in any cockpit. However, F-14A from TW work fine.

Where would the problem?

Thanks. A greeting.

Karpin2.

Which F-14 has the problem?  A screenshot would be helpful, as well.

Yes, sorry.

I was wrong. The MDIG is working properly.

It's the VDI. Nothing is showing. I'm using ripple quantity but shows no symbol. I can see the TV color, but i think that it has an error.

img00008_640.jpg?dl=0 img00009_640.jpg?dl=0 img00010_640.jpg?dl=0 img00011_640.jpg?dl=0

With GBU select

img00013_640.jpg?dl=0 img00014_640.jpg?dl=0

So, your pictures aren't showing for me, but I have another question for you: what operating system are you running?  If it's Windows XP, I think this was a problem with having the TCS and VDI on the same display.  For reasons I don't understand, the game doesn't like that.  If you're running Vista, 7, 8, etc. it shouldn't have that problem.  If you are running XP, there *might* be a way to fix it by deleting the TCS, but I haven't tried that.

obviously, I know not upload a photo...

https://www.dropbox.com/s/r1rhegfeplzvcf0/img00008.JPG?dl=0

https://www.dropbox.com/s/4t7g8n4i2oce689/img00009.JPG?dl=0

https://www.dropbox.com/s/wvu8dps3hdc01to/img00010.JPG?dl=0

https://www.dropbox.com/s/98c0umcu0zyuieo/img00013.JPG?dl=0

So, your pictures aren't showing for me, but I have another question for you: what operating system are you running?  If it's Windows XP, I think this was a problem with having the TCS and VDI on the same display.  For reasons I don't understand, the game doesn't like that.  If you're running Vista, 7, 8, etc. it shouldn't have that problem.  If you are running XP, there *might* be a way to fix it by deleting the TCS, but I haven't tried that.

I am running Windows 7. Please tell me the exact file. ***_Avionics.INI?

Edited by karpin2

Win 7 shouldn't have this issue, so I'm thinking it isn't that (I'm running 7 myself).  Is it only the F-14D's that are having this problem, or is it all of your F-14's?  

Which F-14 has the problem?  A screenshot would be helpful, as well.

All of them. Except The TW's aircraft.

Edited by karpin2

Stand by, I'll shoot you a PM.