Squadron/Signal #6563, USAF Europe 1947-1963, Vol 2

:rofl:

color bands on W/C aircraft are of each of the squadron colors

post-29981-0-41485300-1319835394.jpg

Apparently this unit like many others changed painting style

post-29981-0-29318300-1319837517.jpg

Notice the almost blue Grey on these RDAF birds.... Used as decoys

Thanks guys :clapping:

Well, I had to delve into both the photographs and S/S #6563 AND #6504 texts to make sense of it but I was so obsessing on photographs only that I didn't go back to Squadron's text (which is partly incorrect but helped me make sense of the pieces I had).

So, it's official, I'm making 32nd, 38th, 302nd and 303rd TRS circa late 1956 (and maybe correct the 38th TRS circa mid 1957, which should be green and bands should be blue/red/yellow/green, even though some photographs are fooling my eyes).

Edited by Gunrunner

Nice project Gunrunner :clapping:

I'll pass more reference photos and squadron infos to you via PM.

I can also help with Serial Decals, for realistic numbers.

Thanks PureBlue, that would be great as I have next to nothing on Turkey.

On another note, I'm finished with decorations and skins (I've updated the rest as I added some more details) for the USAFE '56 (had to chose among the various possible chevron design and service name placement as ), I'll just have to finish doing the numbers and they're done.

All right, permission requests for inclusion of files going out, still have to identify the pilots' author.

Just in case, the requests include :

RF-84F (Revised for Suez '56) : GMG (sent)

Republic Seats : Steve S (sent)

MB Gw5 Seat : GMG (sent)

French Guen312 pilot : ??

Korean era USAF pilot : Old Diego ?

Euro001 pilot : ??

German pilot : Old Diego + GMG apparently ?

Expect Tranche 1 release for (late) next week unless I discover another huge mistake; I only have to finish the French numbers (about 1h), polish the dutch camo (about 2h), finish the optional USAFE stripes (about 30mn), finish the documentation (a few hours) and Tranche 1 is DONE, then I'll spend some time with Sword of the Stars II as my free-time time sink and get back to Tranche 2.

Edited by Gunrunner

Hey Gunrunner; I've done a SF2 update on the original data.ini which tweaks the inertia figures, front wheel rolling radius, exhaust location and canopy opening. It flys and lands pretty nicely. If this would be of any help to you, let me know.

When you first mentioned you were putting a RF-84F package together, I was surprised this beautiful model had not yet been ported over to SF2. This plane really is a sweetheart!

NeverEnough:

Actually, the RF-84F was ported over to SF2 quite some time ago. It has appeared in the NF4+ and 48-56 mods since mid-2010.

Eric Howes

We Need More AMI Planes of ALL types!!!

NeverEnough, as Eric said, it was ported for the Suez '56 release, with an updated model, it was also enhanced for use with NF4+ (however still using the old model for whatever reason).

The current INI seem fine as it is, however if you feel you've got interesting tricks up your sleeve on yours, don't hesitate to send me yours and I'll see which to use (or combine them), with proper credits of course.

X RAY, Wrench, fine, fine, I'll add Italian 'flashes to my plate, but you'll have to provide the info on these, all I know is that 3 Gruppo used them (18, 28 and 132), the serials for (all ?) 88 of them, and the crash date for one.

I also have very few profiles and pictures, suggesting they never were camouflaged, but not enough detail on the decorations and markings.

Just a little more polishing, Diego's answer on his permission to bundle his pilots (or not) and Tranche 1 is ready to go.

And we're waiting for Dave's approval now.

And C5 did it, we're live... to Tranche 2 now...

Edited by Gunrunner

Let's face it, sinusitis and work caught up with me so the pace had been glacial until now and still will be slow once I get better, I'll try to update the pack more often than planned, as skins are finished, in no particular order.

Well, that and fiddling with Super Mystère and Sabre Dog skins and decals.

Edited by Gunrunner

Working on the RF-84F again, I'll be uploading all finished and verified skins tonight (4 more skins at least) as well as altered campaign files for the Suez Crisis and Formosa Freedom.

Yep, already part of my sources, I think you pointed me to it originally.

My current obsession are 15th and 45th TRS nose arts, but I really lack good sources on that, I guess I'll have only one decorated plane for each squadron.

..... maybe some Greek/Turkish more skins for a Cyprus confrontation?

Basic F-84F for Taiwan, Turkish & Greek usage should be needed (but not references found)

..... maybe some Greek/Turkish more skins for a Cyprus confrontation?

Basic F-84F for Taiwan, Turkish & Greek usage should be needed (but not references found)

Agree, some SEA camo ones are still needet...