Sign in to follow this  
Hellshade

OT: STALKER 2 Cancelled

Yes, although the absurd popularity of Day Z has caught many an eye...

Gameplay footage and other intel already available in this video:

At 7:30 a dude with a kalashnikov as rendered by game engine

Yeah...it really sounds like there will be no real SP. It's like CoD MP and STALKER had an MMO baby...

Part of Stalkers wonderfulness was it was you against what was thrown at you... as the AI was very well scripted compared to some first person shooters and the storyline hell that rocked... shame its come down to a MMO would have loved to see a STALKER 2...

Well, being a MMO doesn't necessarly means it has no SP or AI like the good old times. It could have the "PVE" style missions that could be done in solo or coop to follow a storyline, in addition to the PVP

To me thats the problem you cannot just go offline and play the game... with a story in the background like the original series... what will happen is that it will be taken over by 12 year old kids playing morning noon and night and having all the best kit etc etc and wasting you the moment you come into game. Stalker to me was the fact it was single player no online connection with a difficulty setting that was surreal along with a fantastic storyline with good graphics... the MMO is going to be more Great Graphics no story apart from factions fighting each other... hell I can get that with the mods for SOC COP and Clear Sky if I want and let the AI duke it out while I am trying to run the story helping here and there and hindering the others when and were I want... comes down to me... MMO is okay for MW2 and the like but STALKER's grab is it is you against the AI/Game whatever not other humans... and the AI involved was possibly some of the best I have seen...

• Like 1

Private servers. I got snot from the snot faced online gamers at IL-2 ubi forums because I could tell just from forum behavior alone that *real* online players only play on private servers where the snots are not invited.

There are only two types of games...

Offline single player

Private server multi player

Nothing else exists.

And so far I'm only an offline player but I know all of this just from life. Online play is obvious --- just like real life, you meet snots and avoid them, and hang with friends.

I've always thought of getting the stalker games, but so far SF is the only thing I got. Now that stalker is getting old, its time to get it I guess.

Private servers. I got snot from the snot faced online gamers at IL-2 ubi forums because I could tell just from forum behavior alone that *real* online players only play on private servers where the snots are not invited.

There are only two types of games...

Offline single player

Private server multi player

Nothing else exists.

And so far I'm only an offline player but I know all of this just from life. Online play is obvious --- just like real life, you meet snots and avoid them, and hang with friends.

I've always thought of getting the stalker games, but so far SF is the only thing I got. Now that stalker is getting old, its time to get it I guess.

Lex Seriousl I would start with Shadow of Chernobyl play the vanilla game and then start on the Mods... then Clear Sky though it is a bit buggy is fun and then move up to Call of Pribyat (same deal here as Shadow). There a re plenty of Mods out there for these games more for Shadow and Call... if you need advice on the mods drop me a PM and I will happily point you to some of the best one's the one I am playing with on Clear Sky at the moment is a nightmare in a good way...

Take it with a grain of salt, considering how the reports of STALKER's cancellation had been greatly exaggerated. It might show up in another 7 years of so... :tongue:

You want the Complete mods for the STALKER games. They improve things all around without really changing anything. The games actually run BETTER with the Complete mods, fewer crashes and glitches.

You want the Complete mods for the STALKER games. They improve things all around without really changing anything. The games actually run BETTER with the Complete mods, fewer crashes and glitches.

• Like 1

Viper that was brilliant must admit I am not a fan of the Complete Mods...for me in SoC I have just completed it with the Misery Mod and damn is that great fun to play...

Yea fellas if I do get that it, I'll be back here. Thanks Slarty !!

Just got too many things going on, hence one game only, and not enough time for that even.