anybody have any LNG spherical storage tanks and LNG 'tankers'?? (with the storage spheres)

it appears they're needed in the PG

the tanks should have the approximate footprint of the stock oiltank1 (which is 32x32 m, so, call it 35x35 or anything close!)

TIA!!

LNG? Liquefied Noxious Gas? Isn't that what comes out of you when you eat anything from Taco Bell? :yikes:

Now just imagine a 1000-foot long ship just full of that stuff :blink:

img00275.JPG

Needs Homer Simpson as a plug.

russ: that'd be great! just a sphere with 4 legs, like a TradeFederation starship!!

intereting to note, the first one in 1959 was named Methane Princess. And they women don't .... well, ya know!

perfect ship Ed, i'm testing its placement now!

yah, I'd say they look pretty good!

i've left plenty of space for on-shore storage spheres, too!

One of that type was sunk in the "Tanker War" ... gone in a huge flash .. no survivors

1000 foot long ship full of Taco Bell? :blink::rofl:

yup, it uses the 'NukeExplosionEffct', with no destroyed lod as I'm sure the ship would be obliterated/vaporized.

1000 foot long ship full of Taco Bell? :blink::rofl:

No, full of recycled Taco bell.....

Not exactly what you wanted kev....but yopu want this?...needs a lot of polys removing and mapping, but its a can do...?

ship.jpg

ship2.jpg

what kind of ship is that? It's way cool!! We can always find a use for another ship!!

edit: is that an icebreaker??? taking a closer look at the bow....seems like it has the slope to ride up over sheet ice. Be good for DBS!

I just need the spheres right now, as the "cities" where they would be are being worked on.

although there aren't any here (in the screenie below), you can get an idear as tohow many oil tanks are being used! (largets refinery complex in the world, plus the offshore 'island' terminal in the background). Still need to fill in some empty bits

Edited by Wrench
added question

apparently, there's a plethora of different kinds and shapes!!

here's a link to google images:

http://www.google.com/search?q=lng+storage+tanks&hl=en&sa=N&prmd=imvns&tbm=isch&tbo=u&source=univ&ei=kY4PT-uSMuOJiAL6va3RDQ&ved=0CGIQsAQ&biw=1006&bih=550

hope it works!

is there a formula to compute the physical size based upon internal volume of sphere/cylinder??

this (hopefully!) is the spherical kind i was asking about:

http://images.businessweek.com/cms/2011-08-10/comp_ing34__01__popup.jpg

beauty! thanks Russ!

is there a formula to compute the physical size based upon internal volume of sphere/cylinder??

Depends what kind of dimensions you're looking to end up with. The volume of a sphere is defined as:

V = (4/3)(π)(r^3)

Where π = pi
     r = radius

If it is the radius you're after, you can rearrange the equation to get the radius as a function of the volume:

This would be dividing the volume by (4/3)(π) and then taking the subsequent cube root:

r = [(3V)/(4π)]^(1/3)

Once you have the radius you can figure other dimensions, like the diameter (simply double the radius) or the cubic storage dimensions required.

oi vey!!

i suck at math!!

that's frakking perfect!!!

:notworthy:

Ive no idea of the actual size of the thing but can use a 6ft rectangle to simulate a person and scale it to the steps up,and the gangway around the middle,or rather scale down\up the LNG container.

well, if it creates a footprint like the oiltank1, that'd be 32x32 meters. So, maybe assume 50 meters side to side? (not diameter, full width -makes it easier to place in rows with semi-even numbers!)

here u go...just got a ladder to do and the damaged lod...and knock up the tesxtures and map the sucker...and its done.

LNG.jpg

What would the damaged lod of a gas tank look like?