Sign in to follow this  

Been on a tangent with the freeware P-47 b russo and Il-2 46 P-47's and have been thinking. Wouldn't it be nice if TK could give us an official Jug after the mustang and spitfire already released. perhaps as a DLC in the future? At least after the North tlantic game. A focus toward South America and their plethora of WW2 and 60's era planes. Just a brainstorm idea.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/P-47

post-2035-0-39215400-1326064308.jpg

I agree, a new P-47 has been needed for a loooooong time. It's too bad that such an incredible aircraft with an unrivalled war record has been so neglected throughout history. A TK designed P-47 would be great!

Yep, I was hoping he would turn to South America at some point to focus on those countires conflicts into the 60's. The jug was useful. I think our skinners here would have a field day skinning this bird.

have you looked in the downloads section, perhaps??? Even though its still the very old (and tired) Wolf Jug, CenAm is very much covered.

as for a stock 3W one; don't be holding your breath. Although I WAS quite pleasently surprised by the SF2I:X1 Mustangs and Spits (albeit withOUT pits for Spits...). TKs always said WW2 wasn't his "thing" for this series.

Nobody wants better WW2 birds than me ... as the last 7 seven years will attest

Yep, know that it was covered but always like official stuff. yeah, i know tk isnt into ww2 but when he released the spit and mustang, he must have felt the same way then. the jug would just be a continuation of it but with 50's-60's nostalgia.

Any new P-47 by any developer is defenitely one of my top wishes. I love Wolf's Jug, but a new P-47 would be fantastic.

I'm TRYING Ken!!! :lol: It's not lilke I (really) want the picture; I want that to go to the 3d/FM guys. I just want, like everyone else, a good solid, decent Jug for WW2 and post-war.

belive me, I've done almost everything I know how to get Wolf's MAX files to pass on to willing 3D Guys (for ALL his birds!), so to bring it up more to SF2-spec. Posted requests to Wolf both here and SimHQ last year, with no reponse.

we need a rebuild of the razorback, the D-20 and later 25/30 with fin fillet ... as freeware if possible.

edit: btw, Ken, have you flown over Kalamazoo Airport on the CenUS map yet?? "Easter Egg Time!!!" :grin:

Edited by Wrench

It would be ubercool, but i don´t see it coming since it didn´t have the postwar action of the P-51. Besides NA, i´m waiting for the Mirage F1, anyway. Gotta be great.

Well, the French flew late model P-47D over Algeria post war... Also, P-47 was instrumental in holding back the veiled aggression of Paran against Dhimar, again in the fifties, before the big show there in '59...

If i could vote i would prefer a Sabre made by TK.

I know you're trying Wrench, and I appreciate that. :good: