Sign in to follow this  
manizaeim

Aircraft carrier and Lag

I guys, i have two questions on SF2 Israel:

1-I have lag when i use after burner in F/A-18F over the sea !!!

2-how can I use aircraft carrier for landing and take-off on "Single Mission" mode?!

thanks guys.

Edited by manizaeim

1. One way reduce the effects in the game options - or reduce some of the other graphics settings.

2. Only works for scripted custom single missions - might be some in the download section you can use

I'm not sure what you mean about lag on afterburn? but for single mission carriers I would suggest you get the mission editor which is available as a DLC at TW......then load up a single mission (land based) open the mission editor and add a carrier somewhere on the map, then pick your homebase for the plane as G001 which should be the carrier you just added, your plane will be placed on the carrier and you are ready to go fly........ navy style. :good:

• Like 1

By lag, I assume that you mean reduced frame rates. Providing us with your system specs would help, particularly processor and video adapter info.

Thanks guys for helps, it was really useful about carrier, about the AB, I changed the graphic settings and used the lowest graphic effects but when it comes to AB same problem

System Spec:

Dual core cpu 3.0 Ghz Intel

Ati radeon with 1Gb dedicated graphical RAM

4GB DDR3

windows 7 ultimate 64 bit

I think my specs are lower and I don't have that issue. You update your drivers?

Guest hamvui9910

How can fly from aircraft carriers?

If you want to fly from carriers in single missions, this is what I did:

1. Go to the download section (maps / terrain mods - environmental mods) and download the water_maps_1.02 by Kodiak  http://combatace.com/files/file/12804-water-maps-102zip/   and follow he instructions to place the water maps in each terrain folder.

2. You need to ensure that the plane has the following statement in its data.ini: CarrierBased=TRUE.  If it is obviously a carrier plane, it will have this statement.  

3. You need to ensure that the plane has a carrier available in the Groundobjects folder from its respective country with corresponding service dates.  If it's USN this will not be an issue.

4. You need to ensure (as Kodiak made clear) that the following statements are in the terrain.ini of each map you plan to fly from: 

Example for VietnamSEA:

NavalMap=TRUE

WaterMap=VietnamSEA_Water.bmp

It should work now.  This all assumes you use the mod folder and have extracted files from at least the terrains you would like to use.  If you haven't, then you will need to set up carrier missions using the mission editor as already mentioned.

I hope this works for you.