UK_Widowmaker

Incredible piece of Flightsim movie making

Wow, that is incredible! That is one of the very best air combat sim videos I have ever seen!

Here is another by the same guy, about the "Blitz".

Quite embarrassing for me to hear the song "Bomben auf Engeland" at the beginning (I love

England very much), but it may illustrate the mood of some of the Germans in that time.

At the end, he even created a scene that really happened - a Hurricane cutting off the tail end

of a Dornier bomber with it's wing.

Wish I could make a video even 1/1000 as good as those!

Great vids - say one thing for Cliffs of Dover it looks bloody good both graphically and damage model wise! :good:

Here's my best attempt at a Battle of Britain video, graphics look naff by comparison, mind. :grin:

And those fancy 3d animated crewmen make my dodgy cardboard cutout wonky eyed Spitfire Pilot look amateurish!

(I still get nervous watching this video when the 109s start attacking us - just the thought of those yellow nosed.. fellows flying all around me, diving out of the Sun chucking their 20mm cannon shells at me at every opportunity gives me the shivers! :blink: Especially seeing as I was seemingly playing Michael Caine in that particular piece, and we all know what happened to him!)

Edited by MikeDixonUK

Jaysus! And me still trying to get some screenies that are presentable. Maybe in the future we won't even have to fight wars at all. Both sides will prepare videos from recognized on-line games, which would then be submitted to an Arbitration Board in the Hague. Screenings and Award Ceremonies every Friday night, then off to the Pub for a cold one. Cheers!

Is Cliffs Of Dover IL 2, released in the states yet?

I thought they were having problems etc.

Is Battle of Britain an Addon to CoD?

That was an amazing piece of sim video!!!

Should be available for you at AMAZON for example:

http://www.amazon.co...26823700&sr=1-1

What I would like to know is:

- Is CoD better than Wings of Prey ?

- How well is it patched by now?

Here is another good one - with the Vickers Wellington bomber.

Edited by Olham

Which game is that? Id it called "Battle of Britain"?

It's OK Olham...the latest patch has helped somewhat...but it still lags terribly over towns...unplayable at times

If you mean the movie carrick posted, it's made with BoB2 Wings of Victory.

Here are a couple of mor movies BoB related by Barfly:

The first from 2009 using the modded old IL-2...

And the other with CloD...

:drinks:

Edited by elephant

Somebody stop me!

biltongbru, (Tinus de Roux), the creator of "Wellington", has made some remarkable pictures, combining sim with real life footage.

Using CloD:

Using IL-2 1946:

Also check his You Tube channel to watch some great documentaries he has made,

(interviews with WWII pilots with sim dramatised scenes included):

http://www.youtube.com/user/biltongbru?feature=watch

:ok:

Edited by elephant

It's OK Olham...the latest patch has helped somewhat...but it still lags terribly over towns...unplayable at times

How good is the AI? Do they put up a good fight? Do you think I could play it ok on my system specs? (listed in my sig)

Hellshade

BoB2 with a lot of mods I think 110 times better than I could ever do.

Elephant : I am a fan of Barfly s Vids My favorite was the one U posted of the BoB I dont know how he did the scenes. :salute:

Hi Hellshade

Yeah, the AI is pretty good... should play fine on your system..but it WILL LAG OVER TOWNS REALLY BADLY....regardless of what PC you have

There is a freeware, alternative image manager, called FXAA (SXAA for ATI cards),

that may help a lot to improve FPS, in CloD and not only...

I'm using it with RoF as a JSGME Mod and I have improved not only the overall image quality, but the frame rate also!

My game used to lag in low alt multi a/c dogfighting in heavy weather...not any more.

I haven't tried it in CloD yet, though...

http://simhq.com/forum/ubbthreads.php/topics/3484798/Alternative_to_Anti_Aliasing_F.html#Post3484798

BTW, here is the last masterpiece by Ph0b0s95, the creator of "Pulse", posted above, using CloD:

There is a freeware, alternative image manager, called FXAA (SXAA for ATI cards),

that may help a lot to improve FPS, in CloD and not only...

I'm using it with RoF as a JSGME Mod and I have improved not only the overall image quality, but the frame rate also!

Elephant,

DoesFXAA help any with OFF, as I am getting framerates as low as 15fps in some dogfights in OFF, unless I turn things like clouds down to 1. Currently my graphics are set at 142241. Also if you know which processes can be safely turned off in windows 7 to make it run faster, withour having a knock on effect on the overall performance, I currently have 75 processes running (open question to anyone), I would appreciate it.

Rugbyfan, you should perhaps try this:

1. check my guide for "Graphic settings" in the "Stickies" above

http://combatace.com...post__p__452080

(click on the small pic to enlarge it)

2. Set your quality sliders to

Aircraft: 5

Terrain Detail: 3

Scenery Detail: 2

Effects Quality: 5

Clouds: 5

Also, put he "Ground objects density" in "Workshops" to "medium" or even "low".

You may wonder why, when you already have bad Fraps?

Well, you may get surprised, that everything may run much smoother in high settings.

Your system should be well able to perform that, but the down-calculating to lower values

often causes the performance to decrease.

I cannot promise it will work well for you - there might be other reasons for bad performance -

but you should definitely give it a try.

Edited by Olham

Rugbyfan, you should perhaps try this:

1. check my guide for "Graphic settings" in the "Stickies" above

http://combatace.com...post__p__452080

(click on the small pic to enlarge it)

2. Set your quality sliders to

Aircraft: 5

Terrain Detail: 3

Scenery Detail: 2

Effects Quality: 5

Clouds: 5

Also, put he "Ground objects density" in "Workshops" to "medium" or even "low".

You may wonder why, when you already have bad Fraps?

Well, you may get surprised, that everything may run much smoother in high settings.

Your system should be well able to perform that, but the down-calculating to lower values

often causes the performance to decrease.

I cannot promise it will work well for you - there might be other reasons for bad performance -

but you should definitely give it a try.

Olham,

Thank you for the advice, if you could put the graphics config settings down as text I would greatly appreciate it as the lovely graphic you did for the graphics setting is too small and blurred for me to read either on screen or when printed out. I have never used fraps for anything, as I do not make movies I can't see the point in using it.

Also I have the maximum fps locked at 50, would it help if I lowered it to say 35, as I get low framerates over airfields (especially the german ones for some reason)?

Rugbyfan, you need to click on my graphic twice.

The first time, it will go from stamp size to preview; click on it again, and you will have the final, readable version.

With your system specs, you should not need to limit fraps. I actually believe, that it only makes the CPU or GPU

more busy to count the fraps down. Try my advice first and see, what you get.

Rugbyfan,

Consider Gamebooster - it's free and when I was running OFF on an ageing XP machine with a puny processor it turned it from a sticky experience to a rather better one. I still have it on the new W7 machine, but I don't need it now with a better PC. Try it. You've nothing to lose.

Well, look at Rugbyfan's CPU - a Quad Core with 3.4 GHz. That should be more than sufficient?