Hi All,

I've purchased two extra monitors for the sides and I'm using them in DCS etc via editing config files and spanning the game across the windows.

However I can't seem to make Strike Fighters run in Windowed mode.

Does anyone know if there is a way to do it?

Options.ini in my profile doesn't have any line about windowed OR fullscreen, maybe someone here knows something?

Cheers

Someone asked this very question about a year ago at the Developer's site. If memory serves me right, the answer was that there was no windowed mode in SF2.

force windowed mode in the EXE Shortcut "-windowed"

no guarantee it will run correctly.

Edited by SkateZilla

1. The correct shortcut modification may be "-window" not "-windowed"... have seen conflicting posts.

2. It will not work for SF2. As had been previous posted, SF2 does not support a windowed mode.

Edited by streakeagle

Well, I have no idea whether this will work or not, but looking at these files seems at least to be a starting point:-

1. This is from the StrikeFighters2.ini from your C:/Program Files (x86)/Thirdwire/StrikeFighters2/StrikeFighters2.ini file:

[Window]

WindowMode=FALSE

WindowPosX=0

WindowPosY=0

WindowWidth=640

WindowHeight=480

Those are the stock entries, want to try WindowMode=TRUE and set your desired res?

2. This from the Options.ini in your C:/Users/Username/Saved Games/Thirdwire/StrikeFighters2/Options.ini file:

[GraphicsOptions]

DisplayDeviceID=0

DisplayWidth=1920

DisplayHeight=1080

DisplayDepth=32

AspectRatio=1.777778

You could try setting the desired display width, height and aspect ratio for your triple screen setup, in conjunction with the settings in the StrikeFighters2.ini.

Like I said, just a suggestion, I have no idea if this will work. But it seems worth a try at least.

Slainthe!

Baltika

Edited by Baltika

windowed mode never worked for me in Series2, tried on various patch levels (Dx10/W7)

Thanks for the help guys, unfortunately I haven't been able to get it to work in windowed:(

A shame because older games like this really excel in multimonitor because the graphics are not too demanding.

I DID manage to get SoftTH to run it though in multimonitor - BUT only be ForceDX9 in the ini, so the eye candy is not as much but I could live with that.

However after flying, when going to the debrief menu it crashes and resets to 800x600 :(

If it didn't crash at the debrief coming out of the flight view it would be fine.

It looked so good to fly with the full panoramic view!

I guess I could re-hack the ini files every time I click fly, but it's a pain.

SF1 series runs fine in windows mode... but TK's coding doesn't really lend itself very well to multitasking. The game engine measures how much cpu power is available and scales up the processing loop to use as much as it can. So, in a windowed mode, the PC wasn't of much use other than playing the game. Of course, now the SF2 is designed to use multi-core, which should alleviate that problem, TK has disabled windowed mode... probably because he is still scaling up to maximize cpu utilization and doesn't see the point of running it windowed.