Sign in to follow this  
Gr.Viper

More penetration!

isn't tactical N a better choice..? Or better 20+ SpecOps raids?

isn't tactical N a better choice..? Or better 20+ SpecOps raids?

too much residual fallout - and too costly to send in specops raids.

Of course, if it becomes hard enough to take out - tactical nukes start to become a more palatable option.

what about a blockade and an strategic bombing campaign to collapse the country into the middle ages, so those installation rot out? wait, that would be another asscrackistan

what about a blockade and an strategic bombing campaign to collapse the country into the middle ages, so those installation rot out? wait, that would be another asscrackistan

if the Iranian Mullahs are not more careful, they might find out. I rather doubt we'd bother with trying to put troops there - just destroy them and let them rot.

Of course, it will take a regime change here before we have anyone with the intellect and moral courage to push for a regime change there.

But regardless - with the experience of Iraq and Afghanistan behind us (both made into horrendous shootouts because of Iranian intervention) I imagine the next time we'll just bomb the %!!@^s into the stone age and be done with them.

It's been 30 years. At this point it's like waiting till the horses, cows, hay, and rats have left the barn, it's collapsed, burned, and been scattered to the wind as ashes to close the barn door.

This SHOULD have been taken care of 30 years ago.

Edited by JediMaster

Of course, if it becomes hard enough to take out - tactical nukes start to become a more palatable option.

I'm with Typhoid on this one. Definitely go for the nuke. It's got a perfect cover story in place too... can you spell "nuclear accident"?

After all, they're saying they're NOT working on a bomb. Well if they can spew that out wanting other people to buy it then the U.S. can pretty much go around saying... "What a dang shame about that nuclear ACCIDENT, tough luck on you Iran..." :rofl:

Me, personally, I'd withdraw all the troops from Afghanistan and then turn that whole span of land from the Persian Gulf to India into a glassy landscape with the help of "mushroom power" - and I don't mean Nintendo has anything to do with it! That would show them radicals how radical the west can be, as well! And as a bonus, the western troops can waltz into Iran and take over their oil business - and secure the Straights of Hormuz once and for all!

What's the point of using a nuke against a deep bunker if it detonates on the surface and shakes some air?

What's the point of using a nuke against a deep bunker if it detonates on the surface and shakes some air?

A surface detonation will shake a lot more than air.