CVN Ulyanovsk

CVN Ulyanovsk v1.0 for SF2

This is the cancelled Soviet nuclear carrier Ulyanovsk as it would have appeared had it been finished. Works fine in campaigns.

Uses a few big textures. If your computer can handle Ravenclaw's Buccaneer it can probably handle this.

Oh, and planes will generally launch through the skijump unless you use plenty of flaps. I tried having them launch diagonally but tbh either way looks as dumb. If you absolutely cannot live with it change the catapult ID's in the .ini.

Known Issues:

None that I know of.

Credits:

Model & textures by me except a few bits that were borrowed from TW CV-63 carrier.

These are: Catapult rails, deck trucks, railings and deck underside.

Custom FX and ini work by Fubar512

Disclaimer:

You MAY NOT use any part of this package in any payware package or otherwise take credit for it without first consulting me.

Any problems post on the combatace boards or mail to NilsD <at> bredband <dot> net

well........... I was going to get some early sack time tonite, I know! i got some sick leave saved up

Thanks Julhelm

Edited by colmack

Guys, this model is missing sounds, missiles and guns, and using an out of date ini file. It was approved by mistake.

It is temporarily on hold on until we add/fix those items.

Please accept our apologies.

This is one of the missing items.....a new SA-N-9 model (navalized SA-15). How's that for detail?

wip1.jpg

Julhelm is a true artist!

Edited by Fubar512
  • Like 1

New SA-N-9 missile model in game...

img00330.JPG

Did a test run yesterday and the takeoff length is pretty long compared to SkateZilla's carrier.

It means that the "deck" from what I saw extends past the ski jump (yes I read the readme) quite far, SkateZilla has it much closer, almost "real" length.

"Real Length" has nothing to do with it in this case. It's a matter of achieving minimum air speed without the benefit of the upward vector that would otherwise be imparted from a working ski jump (a must for the AI). So, unless the game developers work that in to the next title or patch set (doubtful), we all have to live with workarounds of this sort.

Also, as mentioned above, this is also an out-of-date data.ini file, which is why I suggested to Julhelm that we pull the upload until we update it, ideally after SF2NA, so we can work in other surprises :cool:

Edited by Fubar512

Fair enough, still beautiful work :good:

Can a guy have more then one "level" of collision mesh in the INI? I remember back in CFS2 that alphasims Hermes had multiple levels of "platforms" to simulate the skijump were "normal" carriers only had one "platform" level wasn't prefect but served the purpose and maybe for the AI only let them launch from the waist cats? I don't know I'm just spit/ballin here?

• Like 1

Hello,

can someone make this beauty for use in SF1 (WoV or WoE)? I have trying to do this like is descibed in forum but it dosen't work. Please :dntknw::dntknw::dntknw:

Hello,

can someone make this beauty for use in SF1 (WoV or WoE)? I have trying to do this like is descibed in forum but it dosen't work. Please :dntknw::dntknw::dntknw:

If I'm not mistaken, in order to assign bump and specular-mapping, the .lod file has to be in Unicode, so the model will unfortunately not work in any of the first-series titles, with the exception of the WoI expansion pack (though being limited to DX9, you won't be able to see the bump or specular maps, even then).

Hello,

I have tried it. But is does not work for First Gen sims. Unfortunatly.

I have tried it. But is does not work for First Gen sims. Unfortunatly.

So get SF2....

Well as soon as NA is released its getting a refit anyway...

This ship (and another build by you) caused my game CTD. I dunno why, but one thing i know is "Faulting module name: GraphicsEngineDX10.dll".

There is something in this ship causing that problem.dntknw.gif

I am using Nvidia GT525M.

I have had the same problem with the Ulyanovsk, as Agaphe every since the April patch. I was just going with what Fubar said in another thread witch is fine with me. I have been thinking of reinstalling SF2/NA "patch free" just to use her again she is getting rusty in MY drydock, not good for a Beautiful ship like that to be a harbor queen and she is to young to be a Museum Piece :drinks:

Edited by colmack

No idea. It works for me?

BTW I am using SF2NA 5 merged +exp1,2 (Without DLC) May2012 patched. It crashed when loading screen reach 40%. It also happen to your CargoShip.dntknw.gif

I have had the same problem with the Ulyanovsk, as Agaphe every since the April patch. I was just going with what Fubar said in another thread witch is fine with me. I have been thinking of reinstalling SF2/NA "patch free" just to use her again she is getting rusty in MY drydock, not good for a Beautiful ship like that to be a harbor queen and she is to young to be a Museum Piece :drinks:

What is your graphic card?

Edited by Agaphe

Well I'm running a HD5850 so it probably has nothing to do with the gfx cards. If Fubar has a version that works he can release it.

A little update...on my side.. I got Ulyanovsk to work again the caveat is that I had to turn down my effects to low, I tried to use the stock effects but that didn't help as far as that goes as long as effects are set at low I can use Ulyanovsk it seems I don't know if this is pre-june update because I had never tried that before.... anyway she is back in the fight!!!!

Edited by colmack