gerwin

SF2NA Iceland Classic TFD/HFD terrain

not at the moment...

Thank you .... .... I'll wait with patience!!!!! :biggrin:

• Like 1

I've found my IcelandNA trees (TODs) core ini files, with my texturelist and all, I'm uploading full folder with TE included, just load the texturelist named "TextureListWOV2.ini" and see for yourself,

Thanks! I made a texturelist for Iceland a few weeks ago, and will try to merge it with yours. Also I will consider that waternormal.

Though first I want to finish my unrelated groundobject project, HEMTT and HMMWV.

surely, we're patient Gerwin, that M970 looks very good for a first project :ok:

as for these ini files, you can use the included texturelist to check and adjust the placement and then add new tiles you introduced or plan to introduce, then populating them would be just matter of using autoclicker app :wink:

Gerwin,

given as I've read in other topic you take a slight break for real life (which is understandable and healthy desision) to my understanding the current build of your version of Iceland should be considered "final" for some time, right?

i like this terrain a lot... it made me re-appreciate sf2na again :-)

hell, i'm going to make myself a couple of new campaigns..

Gentlemen, this theater is simply wonderful...

Great job!

thank you.

Simo

Good evening, folks.

I just downloaded and installed this mod. I wish I had good news to report to you, but I do not. I installed the mod into its proper location (C:\Users\(user name)\Saved Games\ThirdWire\StrikeFighters2 NorthAtlantic\Terrains. However, all I am getting is the following when I attempt to fly:

img00001

The whole thing is a complete mess. Did I miss a step here?

Here are my system specs:

Windows 7 Home Premium 64-bit
Intel Core i5-2500 3.3 Ghz
8 GB RAM
DirectX 11
NVIDIA GeForce GTX 560

I am running the game at maximum resolution and color.

Thank you in advance!

I realize that first screenshot probably did not capture the full extent of my troubles, so let me post a more accurate depiction here:

img00002

open the Iceland002.ini, it should look like this:

[Terrain]

TerrainFullName=Iceland Full-Scale v2.0

DataFile=ICELAND02_DATA.INI

TargetFile=ICELAND02_TARGETS.INI

TargetTypeFile=ICELAND02_TYPES.INI

MovementFile=ICELAND02_MOVEMENT.INI

NationsFile=ICELAND02_NATIONS.INI

BriefingText=ICELAND02_BRIEFING.INI

DogfightFile=ICELAND02_DOGFIGHT.INI

DogfightOnly=FALSE

EnvironmentFile=ICELAND02_ENVIRONMENTSYSTEM.INI

WaterMap=Iceland02_Water.bmp

//CatFile=..\Desert\Desert.cat

CatFile=..\GermanyCE\GermanyCE.cat

Longitude=19.0

Latitude=65.0

LimitedNations=TRUE

GroundObjectTexture=green

there should also be a folder "use in SF2" that has some ini that ARE required for the SF2 environment. Copy/Paste them into the main Iceland002 folder

I am a bit confused,

CheckGear I cannot see either one of the images in your post, which keeps me from understanding the problem.

Wrench, it seems you are talking about an ini-file specific for side-by-side operation of the TFD and LOD based terrain. 

This configuration differs from the package on my website.

I am a bit confused,

CheckGear I cannot see either one of the images in your post, which keeps me from understanding the problem.

Wrench, it seems you are talking about an ini-file specific for side-by-side operation of the TFD and LOD based terrain. 

This configuration differs from the package on my website.

Not sure what to do... the images show up just fine on my end. Any way I can directly send you the images?

post them here in the gallery, and link to that URL . There's an insert image button at the top of these response boxes

by chance, is the aircraft stuck against "The Wall"???? (the meta-physical edge of the map, 80km in from the physical edge of the universe)

by chance, is the aircraft stuck against "The Wall"???? (the meta-physical edge of the map, 80km in from the physical edge of the universe)

I cannot tell, because the game in completely unplayable. However, when I do change units (F6), it seems like the entire game world is messed up.

Still cannot see the posted image.

I did try the IcelandNA package from my website with an unmodded merged and updated install: works fine. (Windows XP)

Did you combine this terrain with other mods? If so it is worth a try to temporarily move these mod folders somewhere else, to disable them.

Still cannot see the posted image.

I did try the IcelandNA package from my website with an unmodded merged and updated install: works fine. (Windows XP)

Did you combine this terrain with other mods? If so it is worth a try to temporarily move these mod folders somewhere else, to disable them.

No sir, my game was completely un-modded prior to attempting to installing IcelandNA.

Just to make sure I am doing this right, all I have to do is extract the files into the "Terrains" folder, correct?

In your "terrains" folder you will need to have an "IcelandNA" folder, which contains all the actual files, such as IcelandNA.ini etc.

By God, I think it worked!!! Thank you for all your help!

One question - this mod does not include clouds, does it? The clouds look the same.

that's an environmental effect, and will need to be downloaded separately.

play it stock for a while first, so's you get used to things, THEN start add sky effect (just some free advice!)

You want to create, a new "1024 tileset" release, for it?? bowdown2.gif.pagespeed.ce.hVyLpGCsBI.gif

not at the moment...

Is it correct that there still isn't a hi-res tile set that works with the latest version of Gerwin's Iceland?

Since I've just come back from a bit of a break, I want to make sure I have the most up-to-date stuff in my install. 

I have never seen an updated hi-res version with the brown rock tiles.

nope, not at the moment, to be fair I prefer the latest Gerwin's 256^ px one

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use, Privacy Policy, and We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue..