Ok here is the deal, I am making a revisionist version of RSR because I cant seem to get the terrain and the mission editor to cooperate. I will make the missions from the book with a little tweaks.

Keflavik never gets taken but it gets pounded to hell on a regular basis.

The B-52 raid will still happen just one of the airbases on the eastern side of the map.

The FB-111 raid will happen too.

Then you will transition to the campaign.

Will that work?

they werent' 117s in the book .. they were F-19s (oddly, 2 seaters!)

I'm like Dave ... know the book (almost) backwards and forwrds

me too. I can quote some parts I think. I am really wondering if it is possible to see submarine action, and the final attack on stikkisholmur, and before int he book, the attacks on the russian air refueller.

Edited by Canadair

Thanks for volunteering Kevin...I'll expect your report in the morning.... :blink::grin:

Also you will like this....NYANG F-4D, as they were going to Hill scheme in 1986. They provided SEAD for the Buff raid. I found one pic of them in that color.

Dave I seem to remember they were F-4G, weirdly enought with guns no less.. or am I wrong?

They do attack ground targets

I was going to ask you...AI flights can attack ground targets with guided weapons now? It is a old dead beaten horse of mine, you know, but I am wondering if finally this aspect hs changed

Dave I seem to remember they were F-4G, weirdly enought with guns no less.. or am I wrong?

From the book.....

Edwards's head jerked up at the noise, the distinctive roar of jet fighters. He saw a dark trail of smoke approaching in from the east, and the silhouettes passed within a mile. The shapes were heavy with ordnance, the up-angled wingtips making identification easy. "F-4s!" he hooted. "They're our guys!" They were Phantom jets of the New York Air National Guard, configured as Wild Weasel SAM-killers. While Russian attention was on the converging bomber raid, they skimmed over hilltops and down valleys, using the crenelated landscape to mask their low-level approach. The back-seat crewman in each aircraft counted the missile radars, selecting the most dangerous targets. When they got to within ten miles of Keflavik, they popped up high and fired a salvo of Standard-ARM antiradar missiles.

The NYANG was flying F-4D's in 1986. Yes they were a Fighter Interception Squadron but in war who knows what they could of got trained on.

Dave, you may not want to spin up too much on the campaign mechanics until the first big patch for NA. It may resolve some of the issues that you're seeing. Might be better to just to otherwise line up the OOB.

FC

• Like 1

Dave, you may not want to spin up too much on the campaign mechanics until the first big patch for NA. It may resolve some of the issues that you're seeing. Might be better to just to otherwise line up the OOB.

This is what I am doing.

FC

I got the campaign running good. It's creating single mission for specific parts of the book that is giving me fits.

From the book.....

The NYANG was flying F-4D's in 1986. Yes they were a Fighter Interception Squadron but in war who knows what they could of got trained on.

Yes I remember that part very well. In my mind, and not knowing that NYANG was flying D model, and reading about WildWeasels, I simply pictured them as G models. Thanks for the explanation :)

Is it worth to revive this topic ? I would really like to see a RSR campaign. Maybe Dave could release the campaign he had working, and we could move from there

Certainly interested myself, just read the book for the first time a couple of weeks back :airplane:

Going to grab a copy of "688i" and "Dangerous Waters" for some cold war naval action soon, woul be great to have something for the air war to go along with these.

Craig

There isn't one, get eburger's SF2:NA upgrade when the download section is back up. That will have what you need in it.