Thanks - tried that but the screenshots didn't show up. Will give it another go.

I really can't understand why the main screen, the one new customer sees as first thing in the title! looks like 5 minutes paint.net work of a 2nd grade kid

to give credit, paint.net is in fact quite a handy program

+1

OT i suspect chronic lack of thinking flexibility, not very uncommon maybe ....

U spend so much time researching, building, coding, to produce such a complex software product, in other words INVEST on it, then throw it in a 2012 market asking 30 usd for it , while offering quite less than the competition at the almost same price, and on top of it you wrap it on a way like you don't give a s***t about your own work, also in a market where all competition wrapping is of high design level ? something weird about the marketing sense behind this .... It doesn't take a seasoned art director to make a decent UI. Any intelligent person creative enough to produce such beautiful stuff as the stock models and skins of TW can make a decent UI with a day or week of considerate work ... The chronic one man show resources restrictions argument works with the community and is more than understood and accepted but on the other hand, besides the blunt market ("new customer") who wouldn't care or know about that, even the -supporting- community deserves, kind of saying, maybe after all these years a little present . )

Edited by squid
  • Like 1

yeah squid, youre right, but... maybe TK wants it to look like "hey! I'm a small indie developer, so indie I can't afford decent 1996+ main screen" LOL

some aspects of this title are ridiculous... not

LOL , I miss the days of SF1 Europe and boxed software ....

on the other hand , gives more stuff for the community to play with (instead of flying lol) and some people , including me, find it fun periodically to improve stuff as the GUI. If he won't lock the menu files too that is :tongue:

Edited by squid

We have our Kout so the GUI is covered the best possible way

Glad he is back grin.gif

Btw would be so cool to have a postprocess.fx matching the look of his screenshots here grin.gif:tongue:

Edited by squid

try high contrast blue from my postprocess shaders pack

post-3226-0-69890700-1332365071.jpg

There's the winner. It even has the late 80's "TOP GUN" feel. Can't wait . If he is working on the other pages GUI too, i'll piss my pants. :grin: Cant wait also for the reworked Hawkeye voice (is it JonathanRL's work if i am not wrong?) Now, if only the coastlines would be smoothed out and get some sort of water / land transition then i'll be SO content with NA :grin:

Cool - cannot wait to apply that to my NA as well! Great work...

Same with the Hawkeye-voice...:drinks:

Needless to guess which OST wavs i just used to replace the stock NA music :tongue: Kouts screen when ready will deserve that much of an audio environment :tongue:

Edited by squid

post-3226-0-69890700-1332365071.jpg

There's the winner. It even has the late 80's "TOP GUN" feel. Can't wait . If he is working on the other pages GUI too, i'll piss my pants. :grin: Cant wait also for the reworked Hawkeye voice (is it JonathanRL's work if i am not wrong?) Now, if only the coastlines would be smoothed out and get some sort of water / land transition then i'll be SO content with NA :grin:

I was working on that, will be done this weekend, can only run so many wavs a day before i get a head ache listening to "asp one, asp two, asp lead, cowboy one, cowboy two, cowboy lead............................) Im done with all the other wavs, just have to finish the Flight/Leads/Groups. so are crazy quiet after being filtered too. ~330 wavs... run them through eq board during playback, record filtered wav, cut and edit to match original's length, add white 2% noise, save.

Edited by SkateZilla

I was working on that, will be done this weekend, can only run so many wavs a day before i get a head ache listening to "asp one, asp two, asp lead, cowboy one, cowboy two, cowboy lead............................) Im done with all the other wavs, just have to finish the Flight/Leads/Groups. so are crazy quiet after being filtered too. ~330 wavs... run them through eq board during playback, record filtered wav, cut and edit to match original's length, add white 2% noise, save.

Keep going mate, will be much appreciated :good:

jeee .... i am exhausted already only by reading it ..... drinks.gif

typing on smartphone, half of my sentences have words that are flipped/reversed. haha, or missing letters.

btw theres a nice wind wav with radio chatter in the TMF tomcat pack

Thanks everyone.

I'll start with releasing these two @1920x1200 -- can anyone confirm that the SF2 engine automatically scales down or should I go for a lower resolution?

I'll see if can work on some other parts of the menu.

Skatezilla -- good luck with the audio files -- probably an even worse job than placing all the menu items "by hand"!

post-3226-0-74455000-1332798752.jpg

post-3226-0-16122500-1332798770.jpg

I would need 1680x1050

I've uploaded two basic versions with regular and widescreen variants which should work without making any other changes to the menu's.

Thanks kout!

One of the concepts I'm exploring for the rest of the menu system:

post-3226-0-75000800-1332976725.jpg

Kout,

Your work is truly outstanding mate!

Awesome stuff indeed.

Andrew.

Ohh... my... god :yikes:

Kout that is the best one yet!

gorgeous!