Sign in to follow this  
Guest capun

Sneak Peek at a Meteor F.8

Guest capun

Whipping a quick Meteor F.8 model

Meteor-08.jpg

I need information on the landing gear retraction mechanism and pictures.

Let me know if you have any leads

Guest Stiglr
Whipping a quick Meteor F.8 model

Meteor-08.jpg

I need information on the landing gear retraction mechanism and pictures.

Let me know if you have any leads

I have a "text book" on the Meteor family, "The Gloster Meteor" by Edward Shacklady, with lots of pictures, and I think I can dig up the rotation angles of the gear if you need that as well. PM me.

Dude, you're about 4 years too late....as usual

bye bye!

Wrench

kevin stein

Dude, you're about 4 years too late....as usual

bye bye!

Wrench

kevin stein

:biggrin:

*lol*

better a late awnser than no awnser! :lol:

Stiglr, finally let you out of the nuthouse. :D How's the Meteor cockpit going, by the way?

Stig...opens mouth and promptly puts foot in said orifice.....

yeah wheres this fabled pit?..

lol

Stig...opens mouth and promptly puts foot in said orifice.....

yeah wheres this fabled pit?..

lol

Wait...that's his mouth? I thought for sure it was his...uhm...nevermind. :blink:

Guest 531_Ghost

Now that's what I call a bump! :yes:

Guest Stiglr
Stiglr, finally let you out of the nuthouse. :D How's the Meteor cockpit going, by the way?

Really nice actually. Although I've been spending most of my time on a early Pacific WWII mod in the Dutch East Indies for Targetware.... I did manage to get in there and make the Target:Korea Meteor flyable...nearly ready for FM tweaking and release with the B-29 bomber.

Meteor_front_view.jpg

Meteor_left_pit.jpg

Meteor_right_pit.jpg

Meteor_floor.jpg

Meteor_8_view.jpg

Meteor_4_view.jpg

Oh, and by way of comparison, here's an example of the real thing.

Meteor_pit_Mikesh3.JPG

In the game pit, there's an invisible gauge (but with appearing needle) at the top left: the Course Deviation Gauge. It's a .tga issue which I'll fix shortly. Also, there is a little bit of borrowing (or deletion) of doohickeys on the right side, where I've been using Pilot Guides from the Meteor 3 series and from Mk8 sources (which sadly, don't seem to include any available Pilot Guides!) That's why for example, those red oil pressure gauges at the bottom center console aren't round gauges like in that museum real life example.

Edited by Stiglr

So Stiglr, in addition to the Targetware release, why not a TW release? Many flight simmers would be thankful.

Thanks in advance.

Guest Stiglr
So Stiglr, in addition to the Targetware release, why not a TW release? Many flight simmers would be thankful.

Thanks in advance.

You're welcome in advance.

If you check the archives back at SimHQ, you'll find that I have always offered the 3D geometries of this pit to anyone who wants to import it into this sim. The offer still stands. I haven't done any import work in this sim, so I'm not the best person for the job.

You'll recall my motive always was, and still is, a more accurate pit for this plane in either sim system.

Guest 531_Ghost

Targetware? Although, I've toyed with Targetware, isn't this the Forum for WoI/WoE/WoV/Project-1 General Discussion ? I could've sworn Capun (4 years ago) was looking into this for one of those, not Targetware? Just wonderin'. Cuz if ya got sumpthin' to add to one of them Stiglr, let's see it! Hell, we'd all love to see it!

Guest Stiglr
Targetware? Although, I've toyed with Targetware, isn't this the Forum for WoI/WoE/WoV/Project-1 General Discussion ? I could've sworn Capun (4 years ago) was looking into this for one of those, not Targetware? Just wonderin'. Cuz if ya got sumpthin' to add to one of them Stiglr, let's see it! Hell, we'd all love to see it!

Well, actually, Ghost if you recall your history in this regard, this whole brouhaha started when someone released a Meteor pit that bore absolutely no resemblance to the actual pit. Still, everyone was backslapping and "good job" ing. So, I called out the complete inaccuracy, and was greeting with challenges to do better. I had already begun working on a Meteor for TW, and offered anyone who wanted the same pit to import into SF could ask me for the geometries and I'd gladly provide them.

As I said, the same offer applies.

And, yes, this is a SF/WoI/WoE/etc. board... but it deals with many of hte same subjects as Targetware, thus this is all relevant and on-topic. Really, I AM just tryin' to help here, if I can.

I won't do the import myself, because I'm not into the SF/Wo* system as much as many of you, and don't want to bother with the learning curve; I have enough on my plate dealing with importing Targetware models. But, any of you could take the same geometries and make them work for this sim.

Guest 531_Ghost

Oh yes, I recall the history, painful as it is. So, are there any takers of Stiglrs offer of his geometries?

Stiglr

Are you using 3d Max to make this pit?

Guest Stiglr
Stiglr

Are you using 3d Max to make this pit?

No, I use AC3D. However, all of the geometries can be saved in 3D Max format or imported into 3D Max.

Silly me!..i thought you were talking about this one:

GCS0088-1.jpg

GCS0089-2.jpg

GCS0090-1.jpg

GCS0091-1.jpg

..which incidentaly, lacks a cockpit

Best regards

Prowler

Guest Stiglr
Silly me!..i thought you were talking about this one:

.which incidentaly, lacks a cockpit

Best regards

Prowler

Well, if somebody steps up to import it, that can be rectified. As I said, the offer stands.