Dedalus:

Quick followup: to answer my own question, it appears that all Iraqi aircraft that are configured for anti_ship missions suffer from this problem.

From what I can tell, the game engine is simply not allowing Red side anti_shipping missions. If you select anti_shipping, it actually generates a recon mission. The loadout you're seeing is actually the recon loadout for whatever aircraft you've selected.

This behavior happens on both the NavalMap enabled DS terrain and the older/standard version of the terrain. It happens even when I explicitly specify the Allowed Mission Types in the terrain's main INI file.

I do notice that the terrain Movement.INI does not have any shipping routes that are in Blue side territory, so that may be playing a role here. I'll have to generate some new shipping routes and see if that changes the behavior.

Eric Howes

Edited by eburger68

Dedalus:

It was as I suspected: the lack of shipping routes on the blue side. Attached is an updated MOVEMENT.INI that will allow you to fly anti-shipping missions for the Iraqi side. You'll need to get past the USN destroyers and cruisers to get a shot at the cargo ships, though.

The new MOVEMENT.INI should be dropped in \Terrains\DS, overwriting the old MOVEMENT.INI.

Eric Howes

DS_MOVEMENT.zip

• Like 2

Maybe it's nitpicking, but F-16C block 30 cannot carry any antiradiation misile in ODS while in real life it can/could. :blink:

I've been playing around with the DS mod. I changed the campaign into a 1965 what if thing, even changed the objects in the targets.ini, etc. All good, but is it normal that there's little or no resistance on the Iraqi side when coalition forces start invading?

I've had only one CAS mission and I'm about 20 missions in (i moved up the offensive date though and changed the dates for the ground forces in the data.ini as well). Everything is there, but practically no CAS missions. The coalition just keeps moving up the front line.

Was this intended? I compared everything with the original DS campaign data.ini file, but I don't see anything different...

slick_cowboy:

You modded the mod. And we don't even know the extent of the changes you made to it. So, at the very least this post really ought to be moved (or re-posted) to the campaign mods forum, because the situation you're discussing is not a straightforward request for help with this mod.

Perhaps someone there would be willing to work through it with you.

Eric Howes

Edited by eburger68

there's a typo in the nodes:

In the nodes 28, 29 and 30 there's this: Al Basra Repbulician Guard Barracks

I assume this has to be Al Basra Republican Guard Barracks

or was the typo intended?

slick_cowboy:

Yep, that is a typo. Good catch. This will be corrected in the next refresh of the update package.

Eric Howes

I have a 4 merged install (no Israel) I did not want to put this mod in the Vietnam, Germany, or North Atlantic mod folder. 

Can I just drop the files into the StrikeFighters 2 mod folder?  There are not any folders in there.  But I also do not see an options.ini either.

Edited by WombRaider

it's designed as a STAND ALONE install

create a new one, following the steps in KB

whoops!!

my mistake! the instructions are NOT in the KB for some reason, but in the WW2 forum below!!!

http://combatace.com/topic/74835-creating-the-eratheatre-specific-ww2-install/

follow them, but don't remove the "modern stuff". the relevant sections are on copying and renaming the exe to create a theatre specific mods folder