Stary

Did you clean the window ?

I don't quite understand..?

:rofl:

I also noticed the odd tiling mismatches, too. the desert tiles are visibly different that their neighboring, for example, sea2desert -- most likely a noise normal or HM issue there that did't exist on the originl terrain. Pity I can't get the frakking terrain to load in the TE ... I'd still LOVE to add the triple cursed rivers and correct the locations for Um Qusar, Basra, and several others at the head of the gulf

I think that's a side effect of fubar's water shader. I see the same on the sea/land transition tiles of other terrains that I use his shader. Still worth it though.

Edited by JSF_Aggie

I don't quite understand..?

The original foxmonter HUD is a little "dirty" :)

The original foxmonter HUD is a little "dirty" :)

yes I introduced working wipper to clean it, but you can't use them as this feature has been instantly remotely disabled by TK in forced update to your installation you aren't aware of

(it was that time when you clicked refly, and the game loaded strangely longer than usually)

in other words, yes, I made it less dirty, somewhat like it more this way

Clicking "Campaign" in the Main Menu gives me a CTD. Is this an .ini conflict? Strike Fighters 2 (EU), clean, non-merged.

Edited by Brennus

Brennus:

Try replacing the Campaign section of your Options.INI with this data:

[Campaign]
CampaignName=19910117 Desert Storm
PlayerService=USAF
PlayerUnit=336th TFS
AircraftType=F-15E
Difficulty=NORMAL
Length=NORMAL
AircraftSupply=NORMAL
WeaponSupply=NORMAL
LoadCampaign=FALSE
CampaignSavename=DefaultCampaignSave

The Options.INI is located in the root of your Mods folder.

Eric Howes

Just as I suspected. Thanks e.

Edited by Brennus

Brennus:

Just as I suspected. Thanks e.

Does that mean the fix I suggested works?

Eric Howes

Edited by eburger68

yes I introduced working wipper to clean it, but you can't use them as this feature has been instantly remotely disabled by TK in forced update to your installation you aren't aware of

(it was that time when you clicked refly, and the game loaded strangely longer than usually)

in other words, yes, I made it less dirty, somewhat like it more this way

Great :)

(I was refering to Sue_glass.tga file = I wipped it myself)

From the ReadMe I understand correctly that without SF2E this is of no use to me, right? ...Too bad...

From the ReadMe I understand correctly that without SF2E this is of no use to me, right? ...Too bad...

It uses the A-10, so yes its required. So go spend some money and buy SF2:E. Then you can play the mod, support TK, everyone wins.

After installing ODS Hotfix 3 I loaded my campaign (A-7 Corsair II) and upon loading my plane explodes inside the carrier each time. Started the fresh campaign with new pilot and the same thing happens. Any clue?

hrc:

What platform are you running on (WinXp or Vista/Win7)? Also, is SF2NA part of of your install base?

Finally, does this problem happen with any other naval aircraft?

Eric Howes

Win 7, without SF2NA, and it happens with other planes that are carrier launched.

hrc:

OK, I'm assuming this is carrier-related since you report that most/all naval aircraft are similarly affected. Attached is a ZIP with replacements INIs for the two main carriers (CVN68 & CVN71). These replace the files in your \Objects\GroundObject folder (might want to back up currently installed versions first).

These INIs effectively strip out all SF2NA-related lines in the INIs. Let me know if these do the trick.

Btw, what patch level are you on?

Eric Howes

Edited by eburger68

Nothing wrong with my install-Tomcats take off perfectly.

Eric, Thank you ever so much.

eburger68:

That did the trick! Could you post INIs for other carriers if you have them? My patch level is march 2012.

Btw, awesome job on this mod! Definitely my favorite.

Edited by hrc

hrc:

Glad to hear that solved the problem. Attached is the complete set of ODS carriers with SF2NA lines stripped from them.

Eric Howes

Old_Carriers.zip

Edited by eburger68

First, I want to thank eburger for the conversion to SF2! Did notice one more small problem, I was flying a single mission, not anything from the campaign yet, when I noticed the AI controlled F-15E's landing gear were still down during the mission. Probably a small ini edit, but not real sure which one?

eddie01:

That's a known bug with the latest patches (Apr2012, Mar2012) -- not anything we can fix. You may see that on any AI-controlled aircraft.

Eric Howes

Dave,

First I want to say I love this Mod and much thanks to you and the ones that helped you with it.

I have been flying Strike Fighters 1 Viet Nam and Europe until the SF2 was released. I spent 11 years in the Navy so I'm partial to the Navy. I fly SF2VM as Navy and of course SF2NA. I have SF2VM, Europe and North Atlantic Merged with April 2012 update on all. I installed ODS onto the SF2Europe and everything works great except in the Navy Single Missions and Campaign. I have a fast computer with lots of memory so I'm able to run graphics at high with no problems at all.

First minor problem is the F-18C on the HUD has a back ground shadow or something that shows up at night while attempting to locate the carrier. The F-18A does not have it and it is also on the F-14. Without a ILS system I must land by eye sight. I can still do it but it is really tuff.

I have a great record of landing manually on the carriers but this comes from years of flying the Janes F-18 and other Navy Flight Sims. If you can tell me how to remove the shadow that will help.

Second major problem, Is that each time I land the aircraft sinks into the carrier. Also watching the map none of the AI aircraft are able to land either. I know from reading the forum most do not fly the Navy or stop the mission after completing the mission and not returning to carrier. Or they let the auto pilot land them.

Any help will be appreciated.

Billy