Looks pretty nice so far! :good:

Will be great for most terrains we have....

He is doing a great job. F-5A was in the same preference place for me with Mirage F1 as the next 3W DLC candidate. A gorgeous tough little jet fitting indeed all terrains. served with so many forces, so many interesting skins. I am so thrilled that the possibilities of a Hi-Fi F-5A too are looking that good now :grin: 2011-2012 the SF world is blossoming

Edited by squid

It's good to get back to texturing! ..

Regards

BTW.. I've no idea how the decals are supposed to be set up in max, I understand that they are made from .tga files; but how does one specify where they are supposed to go in max? Do you like pick polys in the mesh where they are supposed to go?

I'd really appreciate it If someone could give me some idea or point out where to get the info

• Like 2

Anything you want to know about the NF5A (quite a one-off in the F5A family) .... just say so....

Looks very good !!:good:

Jordan camo yeh good.gif

I thought their placement , size etc is set up entirely by the ini ?

It's good to get back to texturing! ..

Regards

BTW.. I've no idea how the decals are supposed to be set up in max, I understand that they are made from .tga files; but how does one specify where they are supposed to go in max? Do you like pick polys in the mesh where they are supposed to go?

I'd really appreciate it If someone could give me some idea or point out where to get the info

The NF-5A's were maybe the hottest A's

Anything you want to know about the NF5A (quite a one-off in the F5A family) .... just say so....

Edited by squid

When you set decals you do it via co-ordinates found in 3ds max,and set them to the mesh you want them on...ie serial number for red arrows hawk

[Decal001]

MeshName=Tail<< mesh name decal shows on

DecalLevel=2

DecalFacing=RIGHT

FilenameFormat=Red Arrows\SN

Position=-4.03,-0.22 << Y and Z axis as they are on left of the Fuselage

Rotation=2.0

Scale=0.6

DecalMaxLOD=4

[Decal002]

MeshName=Tail

DecalLevel=2

DecalFacing=LEFT

Position=-4.03,-0.22

Rotation=-2.0

Scale=0.6

DecalMaxLOD=4

here you see how to find the co-ord of decal placement on 3d model

also out file that shows the points you created above.

hope this helps you.

I forgot to add,when you want the pointer...click mesh you want the point for(in picture its VerticalTail mesh,then click Hammer Icon(TOOLS),then click "measure" button,then click the "create centre point" button

post-1981-0-63563200-1338564799.jpg

post-1981-0-66175200-1338564820.jpg

post-1981-0-56566100-1338564828.jpg

post-1981-0-41421600-1338564845.jpg

Edited by russouk2004
  • Like 1

♥ the best community

• Like 1

Hello Derk; thanks for the offer :good: .. I'd like you to share somer of the main differences; I'd like to make a model of the NF-5a as well. Pics and drawings would be most welcome!

Regards

When you set decals you do it via co-ordinates found in 3ds max,and set them to the mesh you want them on...ie serial number for red arrows hawk

[Decal001]

MeshName=Tail<< mesh name decal shows on

DecalLevel=2

DecalFacing=RIGHT

Position=-4.03,-0.22 << Y and Z axis as they are on left of the Fuselage

Rotation=2.0

Scale=0.6

DecalMaxLOD=4

[Decal002]

MeshName=Tail

DecalLevel=2

DecalFacing=LEFT

Position=-4.03,-0.22

Rotation=-2.0

Scale=0.6

DecalMaxLOD=4

here you see how to find the co-ord of decal placement on 3d model

also out file that shows the points you created above.

hope this helps you.

I forgot to add,when you want the pointer...click mesh you want the point for(in picture its VerticalTail mesh,then click Hammer Icon(TOOLS),then click "measure" button,then click the "create centre point" button

Oh boy!! Thanks a ton russouk2004!! That is exactly what I needed :salute: You are a real gentleman; I've been a fan of yours since way back when you were working on the Westland whirlwind ..

Looks awesome :clapping:

BTW Derk regarding the NF-5A squadrons where were they based?? Having a hard time finding the prober home for the NF-5A pack Volker did some years ago. ( using his as a substitute until we get a new HD model). This looks very promising.

Sorry sophocles I'm not trying to hijack your tread

Looks awesome :clapping:

BTW Derk regarding the NF-5A squadrons where were they based?? Having a hard time finding the prober home for the NF-5A pack Volker did some years ago. ( using his as a substitute until we get a new HD model). This looks very promising.

Sorry sophocles I'm not trying to hijack your tread

OK Henrik, around the end of the NF 5 period, 313 & 315 Squadron were at Twenthe, 314 Squadron at Gilze Rijen and 315 Squadron at Eindhoven . 314 and 316 changed places a couple of times (never understood why). Basically, after a couple of years, tailbands were introduced based on heraldry of the regions where the squadrons were stationed , the Twenthe squadrons sported red tailbands with a white horse, and Gilze and Eindhoven, being situated only about 20 km from each other, had a white band with werewolves ("Were Di") . And Sophocles, I'll try to make as clear as possible where the NF 5 differed from the F5.

Thanks Derk :good:

Superb model! Looks very very nice! Do you have plans for a cockpit as well? It should not actually be super difficult to do, I got some refs pooled together as I was kind planning to do the F-5 some day. I am relieved I don't have to :D Got so much on my plate already.

Superb model! Looks very very nice! Do you have plans for a cockpit as well? It should not actually be super difficult to do, I got some refs pooled together as I was kind planning to do the F-5 some day. I am relieved I don't have to :D Got so much on my plate already.

Hello Centurion-1, I'm definitely going to do a cockpit. I'll be needing as many references as possible; though I've already got the CF-5a manual; I'd be eager to look at photos and drawings of other variants :good:

nice job sophocles, i still hope that somebody really occupies himself for the rf-5a version :)

nice job sophocles, i still hope that somebody really occupies himself for the rf-5a version :)

I'm planning to do the Rf-5a recon version, the B(two-seater),C(shoshi tiger) and If I find some good references the CF-5a and the Dutch versions. I'm simply climbing the steep learning curve of getting the planes into the game with decals,animations etc.. not to mention the cockpit and all its respective animations.

Regards

Hello all, just a small update. Fumbling about with bump and specular settings .. Derk sent me some fabulous references and hope to get to modelling the NF-5a soon.

Comments welcome :)

P.S ...και νικησανε οι Ελληνες

speculating about maybe a greek language forums section :P

ΗΟΤ !!Salute.gif

Sophocles, your F-5A will be a perfect aircraft for many terrains because many countries used it between 60s and 90s. Keep up the good work!

That's a good idea!

ΗΟΤ !!Salute.gif

Greek language forun would be great! .. and thanks for the comments :salute:

Sophocles, your F-5A will be a perfect aircraft for many terrains because many countries used it between 60s and 90s. Keep up the good work!

That's a good idea!

Thanks tio .. you're right about the multi-nationality and longevity of this series of aircraft; hope once it's done that folks may want to do some re-paints.

Cheers

Keep up the great work Sophocles :good:

Thanks PureBlue :salute: I personally would like to see some TAF schemes done as well ..

Cheers