That is why I asked, as I can not find a single picture of the original C or C-200 with an RWR type device. Later upgraded ones like the CT, EJ or M have "american" style RWR displays. So I am guessing audio only RWR for all the variants with the round RWR antennas on the tail fin. The square model as seen on the CT or EQ-6 I think suggest improved device, probably with a visual display, but the lack of pictures makes it hard to say for sure. The equadorian F.1s have a totally different antenna and what I think is an american RWR display.

I just look at several pictures of the F-1 cockpit and I don't see any RWR.

Do you know if it's a "visual" RWR or only a "noisy" RWR ?

Ludo

It's a BF so a visual one, like in the Mirage IIIE or french jaguar

The small "plane" just right of TV display, very different from US type RWR

gallery_2818_769_119792.jpg

Edited by jeanba

I just look at several pictures of the F-1 cockpit and I don't see any RWR.

Do you know if it's a "visual" RWR or only a "noisy" RWR ?

Ludo

From http://www.airvectors.net/avmirf1.html :

The BF RWR fitted to later F1C production had "pen"-style fairings in the front and back of the tailfin; some sources claim there were spiral antennas on each side of the tailfin, but these may actually have been navigation system antennas. The BF provided an audio warning and gave the general direction of the threat using a set of dashboard display lamps. It had a limited ability to indicate general classes of radars.

So audio and visual.

RWR :

130611065043225511283410.jpg

Load factor indicator is now below (thick red line)

130611065902225511283425.jpg

The thin red line is the sight angle indicator.

Edited by jeanba

Awesome ref Jeanba, I could have used a detailed picture like that earlier  :biggrin: If you have more of the same quality please PM me or post here!

I wll add the RWR!

• Like 1

Can someone explain to me why we're waiting for EXP3? I think were at the point here where TW's F-1 will be a letdown.

Nest Saturday I will visit the farewell ceremony of Spanish F.1's on Albacete. Will try t get pics of the cockpit. Anything more I need to photograph?

Nest Saturday I will visit the farewell ceremony of Spanish F.1's on Albacete. Will try t get pics of the cockpit. Anything more I need to photograph?

For the records, it would be nice to have good pics of the Landing gears and wheels, Stratos, straight angles so they can be incorporated to the models, hope you have fun in Albacete!

straight angles so they can be incorporated to the models...

Thanks, do you have an exmaple of "straight angles"??

Flogger mostly meant perpendicular to the given surface so the objects look straight, see the attached pic (though it is from a viggen). The angled shots are great for make perfect 3d model but for skinning guys that is not so good.

Hope it helps.

logan4

post-30564-0-95970800-1371044553_thumb.jpg

But the ones in the green square in that pic are a dream to skin and take samples, thanks for the clarification Logan, good to see you around :D

So, photoreal textures are made... ;-)

I once read that Centurion has a "fetish" with the landing gears, so do i with the wheels, dunno why  :pardon:

Also, will it be possible to replace the Parachute fairing by a Lacroix flare dispenser ?

I can change the data.ini, to add a station, but the CAD can be changed in this case for higher accuracy.

Once again, all info here :

http://www.airvectors.net/avmirf1.html :

Yes, great ref that one! Found all sorts of useful info, with these new refs I will be able to make the model almost 100% accurate I think! Can anyone find me a picture of how the Lacroix flare dispenser looks when it is mounted in the tail cone?

I am also making the external conformal flare launcher, but give me some time. Need to make the final touches to the cockpit first! I probable need to make two versions, one 100% in french and the other one in english for the export customers.. Now it is a bit of a mix.

Which conformal flare launcher ?

Alkan 5021 ?

I can send it to you, just have to add a station.

Anyway, it was used only on late F1CR, F1CT and maybe some export versions

For the Lacroix, I have to check

Edited by jeanba

Now that the plane looks a bit closer to completion, is there any chance you guys add this drop tank skin?

img141-1.jpg

I'm going to try to make the 4/33 Vexin squadron skin.

Ludo

I will love that skin completed with the drop tank. That "geule de requin" will look cool on Late Blue skins too.

• Like 1

Wondering If my pics will be useful for something, here's a resized sample:

P1020769_zps99b9421b.jpg

I have several, main and front landing gear, unfortunately it was very hard to take those pics, planes are separated from the crowd, and the heat was too heavy for my brain:

Look how far we were:

P1020754_zps10696cc9.jpg

But If you think my pics can be useful simply say, and will upload all the pics at hires somewhere. Also made F-5B, B/A-18B and Eurocopter Tiger.

• Like 1

Looking nice. Please upload as much you want to share. Thanks!
Yes "crowd control" can be a .... sometimes. But you did a great work to your possibilities and it is really appreciated! :drinks: