Sign in to follow this  
Dave

Patch Issue.....Self Inflicited....

Fellas

Now we know TK doesn't always release a perfect patch. But I am seeing a lot saying they are having patch issues. So far I have seen people say they have no drop tanks, no burners, missile problems. I can bet you all and I am saying 95% of you patch right over your install. This will create conflicts. I just re-downloaded, installed and added most of my mods and not a single issue. Time consuming? Yes...results? Awesome. No problems. Take the time and do it right.....if you have time to fire the sim and and fly a few missions, you have time to do this. It is well worth the results and kills 99% of your install problems.

• Like 2

Fellas

Now we know TK doesn't always release a perfect patch. But I am seeing a lot saying they are having patch issues. So far I have seen people say they have no drop tanks, no burners, missile problems. I can bet you all and I am saying 95% of you patch right over your install. This will create conflicts. I just re-downloaded, installed and added most of my mods and not a single issue. Time consuming? Yes...results? Awesome. No problems. Take the time and do it right.....if you have time to fire the sim and and fly a few missions, you have time to do this. It is well worth the results and kills 99% of your install problems.

Ended up doing the same thing and works great. Thanks for the input

I've been using the same method for the last few years.. and It works.

Installed the Base Game (SF2, SF2V, SF2E, SF2I, SF2Exp1, SF2Exp2, DLC, SF2NA), Created a ZIP/RAR of the Entire ThirdWire Folder, Put it in the ISO/BACKUPs Folder with any patches.

When a New Patch Comes Out, I Move My Mods Folder (well you can rename it too), Wipe my Thirdwire Game Folder, Extract a fresh copy from the RAR, Patch, make a New Mods Folder, and Migrate them over groups at a Time.

Just patching over a modded install is asking for trouble with Models, Effects, maps, shiz basic game functions.

Edited by SkateZilla

considering my mod folders for SF2V/E/I/NA are unmodded .....

that don't explain the lack the burners on the Tomcats.

Kevin that is odd. But try my method.

That doesn't explain why my stand-alone SF2Euro freezes in menus... hmmm, need to try downloading and reinstalling every title

Reinstalling won't fix the fact that I have issues with the content of the patch itself :spiteful:

• Like 1
  • Dislike 1

:rofl: Edited by Wrench

Just installed a new clean SF2E_Jul2012. Still get the damn stutters with Avionics60 radars.

There's quite a few that experience this and TW is completely ignorant of it.. :bomb:

Just installed a new clean SF2E_Jul2012. Still get the damn stutters with Avionics60 radars.

There's quite a few that experience this and TW is completely ignorant of it.. :bomb:

everything will stutter on mobile version, so get used to :spiteful:

my favourite TW planes don't have radar scopes so no issue for me (sorry for bad joke)

honetsly, the only time I noticed the stutttttttteeeerrrrr on Avi60 birds, was when the cockpit was 'on'. It seemed to go away in the no-cockpit view. So, I wonder if it's not something in how the cockpit is rendered?

honetsly, the only time I noticed the stutttttttteeeerrrrr on Avi60 birds, was when the cockpit was 'on'. It seemed to go away in the no-cockpit view. So, I wonder if it's not something in how the cockpit is rendered?

Haven't trıed the no-cockpit view, for me stuttering when using Avi60 radar in cockpit view and external view of my own aircraft, not when viewing other aircraft and neither in free cam..

Edited by PureBlue

A 100% clean install and added my mods and its running like a well oiled machine.

then you are doing it wrong. reverse your process and gripe with the rest of us Dave! :grin:

seriously tho folks, i renamed my mods folders with x's in the front. patched and then added the contents of the old renamed folders to my SF2E folder and Naval Test folder. as long as you leave out the version and the option ini's works just fine. i dont even stut.. stutt.. stu.. stutter!