Dave

Converting to Jpeg Format for Skins

I think the idea, Spinners, as i´ve found out, is that when you change from BMP to JPEG´s the size is like 10 times smaller, hope that´s the correct meaning.

I think the idea, Spinners, as i´ve found out, is that when you change from BMP to JPEG´s the size is like 10 times smaller, hope that´s the correct meaning.

Yes, it's an impressive saving. And, unlike DDS, with JPEG's you can see the textures in the skin folder without opening a program.

Do I understand you right, you use a 4096x4096 monster texture for the love of details, to just compress it afterward by a maximal factor of 99??

Well... I call it inefficient, but that's maybe just me...

No I use lowest compression\highest detail,jpg`s and its still only 2.92 mb in size.For 4096x4096

Hey, I'm starting this up now as my mod folder is unmanageably large. Does this work ok for cockpit BMPs as well as external skins? Some of the cockpits are tens of MBs in size, and while there are fewer of those than skins, they do take up a lot of space as well.

It works for cockpits as well.