Sign in to follow this  
Geary

Can Stock Campaigns be deleted from Separate Merged Installs?

Hi all,

I'm running a 5+2 merged install and creating separate installs from that.

Every separate install contains all the stock campaigns from all 5+2 games.

Is it possible to delete the unnecessary campaings from separate installs without deleting them from the main merged game install?

I.E. I have a separate Vietnam install from the 5+2 merged game install. I only want the Vietnam stock campaings in the separate Vietnam install but it contains ALL the merged stock campaigns.

Can I delete the SF2E, SF2I, SF2 and SF2NA campaigns from only the Vietnam install?

Geary

Yes, put an empty file with the name of the campaign in you mod folder and the game will ignore the campaign entirely, the same can be done with terrains, planes and weapons.

Do you need more details on how to proceed ?

Edited by Gunrunner

Could you please give me an example? For instance, the Burning Sands campaign.

You should have the SF2 extractor ready if you don't know the campaign identifiers (the campaigns are stored inside the Flight/MissionData[xxx].cat files).

In our case we know that Burning Sands is Campaign1 (from opening MissionData001.cat).

So in your mod folder you should create the empty file (and necessary folders) in "Strike Fighters 2 Vietnam/campaigns/campaign1/campaign1.ini".

Next time you launch the game it will know there is a campaign1, will want to read it's detail, will find them empty and will ignore completely.

I hope that was easy enough to understand.

You will want to do that for :

campaign1 to campaign5 (SF2)

campaigne1 to campaigne4 (SF2E+Exp2)

campaigni1 to campaigni4 (SF2I+Exp1)

campaignna1 (SF2NA)

as well as for the terrains by creating empty files named :

terrains/desert/desert.ini

terrains/germanyce/germanyce.ini

terrains/israelme/israelme.ini

terrains/icelandna/icelandna.ini

I usually also do that with planes themselves and some weapons, using the same principle.

Edited by Gunrunner

I must be doing something wrong. I've done as you describe, yet the Burning Sands campaign still shows up in my Vietnam install.

The theory sounds right, must be me, my install or my rig.

??

I'll check on my side, maybe one of the latest patch changed to file priority behaviour and I haven't noticed.

Yep, doesn't work anymore for campaigns only, neither with the campaignx.ini or campaignx_data.ini.

However, it still works fine for terrains, so if you disable a terrain, all related campaigns will disappear as well (and it will make it quicker), at least until a next patch.

Edited by Gunrunner

also any planes you want gone can actually disappear just by deleting the particular planes folder in the main Aircraft one. no need for blank files in Objects........

Thanks I'll have to test that, it used to be that way, but I had to resort to blank files recently, maybe it's changed back... I'll never understand why TK messes with priorities on a regular basis.

There must be SOME reason for some of these apparently inexplicable changes. Either to fix a bug or support an upcoming feature I guess, but it's not like he tells us!

I must be doing something wrong. I've done as you describe, yet the Burning Sands campaign still shows up in my Vietnam install.

The theory sounds right, must be me, my install or my rig.

??

Restart the game and see what happens - works as of 2012

Actually - I think doing just the terrains removes the campaigns as well

Edited by MigBuster

Yes, adding "dummy terrains" to a mod folder will prevent that terrain's campaigns from showing up.

Here are dummy terrain folders for all the stock terrains:

Dummy Terrains.rar

• Like 1