Sign in to follow this  
ChampionsVA56

F-47N Thunderbolt Superpack for SF2

F-47N Thunderbolt Superpack for SF2

This is basically RussoUK2004's recent P-47N in post-WW2 form. I have given the flight model and ground handling a much needed boost. A set of new and AUTHENTIC skins covering the late 1940's and early 50's is included. This is when the P-47N became the F-47N and was handed down to Air Guard squadrons (ANG) and a few third world nations.

Squadrons included in this package:

USAF/ANG-

199th FS, Territory of Hawaii ANG,Hickam Field

332nd FG, Lockbourne Field,Ohio

37th FS, Dow AFB,Maine

128th FS, Georgia ANG, Dobbins AFB.

118th FS,Connecticut ANG,Bradley Field

147th FS, Pennsylvania ANG,Pittsburgh Airport

198th FS, Puerto Rico ANG, Isla Verde Airport

101st FS, MAssachusetts ANG,Logan Airport

142nd FS,Delaware ANG,NEw Castle Airport

ROCAF(Taiwan)-

46th FS

26th FS

11th FG

Other-

Nicaragua(FAN)

Guatemala (FAG)

Yep, thats 14 new skins for your Thunderbolt!!

Please view the read-me file for installation and of course CREDITS.

Tested on SFV2 merged with all other SF2 titles and expansion packs.

Cool! You even included the Central American users... Thanks!

which I've already done -- and are in the SF2 WW2 aircraft/skins section.

but I LOVE the ANG skins!!

good job Champ!!

now....if we can somehow bribe Russ into D models..... :cool:

Edited by Wrench

This aircraft and skins are awesome! I love the JUG

As Wrench said, will there ever be a new and updated P-47D? I know I have asked this question many times before but figured it couldn't hurt to ask again.

A new P-47D is needed as all other WWII types have newer or completely new versions for the SF2 series, it seems no one cares about the P-47D and a new version will never be made. Although the P-47D by Wolf is GREAT and by far my favorite flyable aircraft, it is now very old compared to everything else associated with SF2.

So will there ever be a new D version, or should I just shut up about it?

Thanks!

Edited by warthog64

nice pack for great plane!

as for D... this is freeware model for non-commercial use by famous Anders Lejczak

post-8911-0-49294500-1346748170_thumb.jpg

D model went to D-23 on the Razorback body... Presence of lower cowl flaps level with wing root indicates a D model (not a C), with what looks like a skinny prop making it a D-20 or earlier. Bubble top was D-25 and on.

Edited by Major Lee

yes D-25 onwards

Stary, that is a fine looking Razorback you posted, would be great to see it in game. I was hoping that was your work!

I posted about my desire for a hi-fi bubble top D some time ago...

http://combatace.com/blog/18/entry-84-the-great-gabreski-autograph-give-away/

It would be nice to see more WWII models, especially considering the gaps in the current SF2 inventory. That said, a new model is a huge time and money investment for the 3D artist, so any project really is a labor of love, and not so many people love the Jug... Except Russ, with his wonderful N model!

I think I'll try to make it working and ask politely mr Lejczak for green light IF I make it to a flyable state... still a long way Major

I know otehr group released SF1/2 planes based on Lejczak's freeware models

Stary, that would be incredible if you would, I and some others would be most thankful!

Anders is quite the arist! Marvelous stuff. that U-boat would surely look good in SF2, somewhere along western France....

http://www.colacola.se/map_1.htm

his newer models are payware... but price is reasonable compared to Turbosquid store and the likes

Edited by Stary

Stary, that is a fine looking Razorback you posted, would be great to see it in game. I was hoping that was your work!

I posted about my desire for a hi-fi bubble top D some time ago...

http://combatace.com...raph-give-away/

It would be nice to see more WWII models, especially considering the gaps in the current SF2 inventory. That said, a new model is a huge time and money investment for the 3D artist, so any project really is a labor of love, and not so many people love the Jug... Except Russ, with his wonderful N model!

It's too bad the P-47 never gets the credit it deserves, no other plane in WWII comes close to the Jug's war ecord.

I'm a P-47 Fanatic and the only other fanatics I've met in life are former P-47 pilots themselves, yet even 4 year olds love the P-51 (Spam Can). The P-47 truly was the most valuable tactical asset available to the Allies! It excelled in both air to air and air to ground combat. Without it VE day may not have ever happened. The P-47 also played a major role in the PTO as well, yet no one seems to know this.

Edited by warthog64

they did not named A-10 the way they did just because :yes:

summat like these eh Major ?...They are free to mod or use and all creator wants is recognition...really generous. imho

a good deal of work to get the a\c in game,but sub would be easy,as its really only wanting scaling a tad and guns to work.

post-1981-0-99937000-1346804697_thumb.jpg

post-1981-0-55367600-1346804709_thumb.jpg

post-1981-0-33412800-1346804722_thumb.jpg

Edited by russouk2004
  • Like 1

Russ, you are unbelievable... , Yeah, something like that, except, we'll need a damaged and destroyed LOD too ;) I was thinking more along the lines of a target for a sub base in Brest or St Nazaire... Maybe a U-boat pen and some docks, along with a couple of cranes, and then we'll need a seaplane or two, along with, err, sorry, the sub looks really cool :)

Jug city! I hope one day all the variants are done starting with the B. Even the Russians used them

In Soviet service

The U.S. sent 203 P-47Ds to the Soviet Union.[30] In mid-1943, the Soviet high command showed an interest in the P-47B. Three P-47D-10-REs were ferried to the Soviet Air Forces (VVS) via Alaska in March 1944. Two of them were tested in April–May 1944. Test pilot Aleksey N. Grinchik noted the spacious cockpit with good ventilation and a good all-around view. He found it easy to fly, and stable upon take-off and landing, but it showed excessive rolling stability and poor directional stability. Soviet engineers disassembled the third aircraft to examine its construction. They appreciated the high production standards and rational design well-suited to mass production, and the high reliability of the hard-hitting Browning machine guns. With its high service ceiling, the P-47 was superior to fighters operating on the Eastern front, yielding a higher speed above 30,000 feet (9,000 m). Still, the Yakovlev Yak-9, Lavochkin La-5FN, Messerschmitt Bf 109G and Focke-Wulf Fw 190A outperformed the P-47 at low and medium altitude, where the P-47 had poor acceleration and performed aerobatics rather reluctantly. In mid-1944, 200 P-47D-22-REs and P-47D-27-REs were ferried to the USSR via Iraq and Iran. Many were sent to training units. Less than half reached operational units, and they were rarely used in combat.[31] The fighters were assigned to high-altitude air defense over major cities in rear areas. Unlike their Western counterparts, the VVS made little use of the P-47 as a ground attack aircraft, depending instead on their own widely produced special-purpose ground-attack aircraft, the Ilyushin Il-2. At the end of the war, Soviet units held 188 P-47s.[31]

[edit]

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/P-47

we could sure use a new freeware Lightning ... I'm going over Wolf's for more PTO skins .. and well, you know where I'm going....

Wrnech, does this involve an intercept mission with P-38s???

Yeah, someone... anyone... please... :give_rose:

unfortunatly they are not accesable to everyone but there are 3 very beautiful P-38s at the A-team site. the usual restrictions kinda limit their usefulness for campaigns though.

but they are indeed nice with normalmaps and all