Sign in to follow this  
FalconC45

First Concert in a decade

On Friday, I went to my first concert since last decade. I saw an Symphonic Metal band from Finland called Nightwish with another metal band opening called Kamelot. They were playing at the Newport Music Hall at Columbus Ohio. The concert was my birthday gift from my mother. She got me access to an greet n meet with Nightwish. I was pretty excited about it because they were one of my favorite bands. We were in the line for like few hours when the line started to move. When we got in the music hall, my mother noticed there was steps to the greet n meet. My mind was like "F&ck me to tears" because I was in my electric chair. But one of the managers said the band will come down to greet me. I WAS EXCITED BEYOND BELIEF! And the manager said to get a shirt for free (I already bought one but hey I don't mind of getting another shirt for free hehehe). After a hour of waiting, I saw the band coming down the stairs, I immediately saw Anette who was the lead singer (who replaced the original female lead Tarja in 06) and like a geek, I waved at her excitedly and she waved back! She shook my hand and talked to me for a bit and my mother asked her if they can take a picture with me. Anette said sure and below is the picture!

The concert was awesome. The opening act was cool, in fact I am gonna get their new cd in October. They hook me in :). The Nightwish concert WAS AWESOME! Anette was incredible in singing of the older stuff. At first I was doubtful because Tarja was a trained opera singer. You can tell too if you listened to their older stuff. Anette did an awesome version of Nemo and the band did an unplugged version of one of my favorite songs called The Islander. OH! Anette waved me again not once but twice during the concert. I was in the front near one of the speakers and she saw me enjoying the concert and waved at me :).

I will not forget this experience.

Falcon

Entire generations of CA members have been born since the last time I attended a Concert.... :biggrin: Hint: Ozzie was still with Black Sabbath.

Been a few years for me, went kinda nuts in y late teens/early 20's and saw pretty much every band I ever wanted to see. Only acts left on my list I'm desperate to see probably wont ever happen due to feuds and deaths... ie Pink Floyd, original G'n R line up, The Who and Van Halen.

Craig

two of my favorite bands. I would have killed to have been there. How was Kamelots new singer?

He was alright. I heard Rob's vocals when researching Kamelot, I liked Rob's style better than the new guy. I hope I got the original lead name right.

Bought Kamelot's last cd with him there.

Falcon

NEWS FLASH!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! NIGHTWISH AND ANETTE HAVE BEEN SEPERATED!!!!!!! FFFFFFFFFFFFFUUUUUUUUU.

Falcon

You are one lucky person.I've never been to a serious concert, and every time one of the bands that I like come by for a concert, for reasons A or B, I can't go.Life sucks!

Entire generations of CA members have been born since the last time I attended a Concert.... :biggrin: Hint: Ozzie was still with Black Sabbath.

No

Freakin

Way

My daughter does make-up and special effects in Hollywood and she recently did some makeup on Ozzie. In conversations with Ozzie while they were working, she discovered that Ozzie is about as far right-wing as you can get (close to the other side of Attila the Hun). Go figure................

My daughter does make-up and special effects in Hollywood and she recently did some makeup on Ozzie. In conversations with Ozzie while they were working, she discovered that Ozzie is about as far right-wing as you can get (close to the other side of Attila the Hun). Go figure................

Well,he's the same guy who bit off the head of a bat!Insane!

sounds really awesome!

what about Sonata Arctica, you ever listen to them? :)

sounds really awesome!

what about Sonata Arctica, you ever listen to them? :)

I like some of their stuff. But as a whole they didn't grab me musically.

Falcon