Sign in to follow this  
76.IAP-Blackbird

World of Tanks

Thank you for the replies. I'll give it a go over the long weekend.

-Jeff

Most of the tank, makes fun with all stuff upgraded and a 100% crew. All stuff below is sometimes a bit frustrating.

I play on the EU server, Gepard also on the US one, if you create an account on a specific Server, you cant take it with you to the other server. That`s a bid silly. I had already a Tiger on my US account and I had to switch to the EU server.

Got it installed yesterday and even had some time to run through about 4 quick missions. Got killed pretty quick on the first and second without any add-ons or upgrades. My 3rd and 4th went much better. Got some assists and solid kills. I ran through the various categories and saw the light, medium, heavy, etc. Stinks that even a Panzer III is really expensive yet and I dont want to waste my limited credits on a POS M2. But we'll see.

Thanks for the heads up. Nice little side sim.

-Jeff

Store the credits and gold. You need it later.

First play the tutorial. In the past you were credited for finishing the tutorial with 300 gold. I dont know, wheter it is still today. But if you get gold, then dont waste it.

The best start is to play at least 20 missions with each tier 1 tank. So you learn the game mechanics at the best way.

An if possible dont sell the Leichtraktor. This tank with stock gun is the best little cashcow you can get. 5000 credits per game is not seldom. And you has no costs.

Store the credits and gold. You need it later.

First play the tutorial. In the past you were credited for finishing the tutorial with 300 gold. I dont know, wheter it is still today. But if you get gold, then dont waste it.

The best start is to play at least 20 missions with each tier 1 tank. So you learn the game mechanics at the best way.

An if possible dont sell the Leichtraktor. This tank with stock gun is the best little cashcow you can get. 5000 credits per game is not seldom. And you has no costs.

Nope, no gold. Just some credits and experience points now. 20 missions in each Tier 1, gotcha!! And I'll be sure to hang onto the Leichtraktor per your info.

Cheers!

Jeff

I even have the E75 for 3.480.000 Credits, fully upgraded and can you believe, I still play the Loltracktor!  :biggrin:

Enjoy the game and find your playstile

Something just for fun and how not to play:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_-5vpAE3iMc

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=H5oREL_wMuw

I have spend 20€ to get some Gold, why, simple: I need some Garage slots. They cost normaly 300 Gold each, but if you wait, they have it for 150 Gold per slot. It happens sometimes. 

And as Gepard said, you will need the credits later, but, if you get into a nice Tier 5 Tank like the KV1, M4, or the StugIII or Tier 4 Matilda, you will earn some Credits. I still play without premium and enjoying it most of the time. You will get later with alot of damage dealing some 40.000Credits per game, but each shot will cost you some 1000. Even the Tier 6 KV1S cost 1000 per shot, but deals some 400 Damage. If I need some fun, I have succesfull games, but alot of Credits are lost for AP Rounds. The Last battle I have left, the ammo cost me over 35.000credits but dealt alot of damage. So I recieved a + of 1100 Credits ... yes and that in a Tier 8 Ferdinand.

Edited by 76.IAP-Blackbird

Well, I'm hooked. Got my little US T2 and German Ltr maxed out, plus crew starting to gain experience. This is a great diversion from flight simming. And as long as I stay patient, I do pretty well.

Cheers guys!

Ich habe jetzt den Leo PT A. Als Stock Panzer ist er Murx. Aber ich brauche ja "nur" noch 23.000 Exp für die neuen Ketten und dann noch mal dasselbe für nen neuen Motor.  Ich glaube ich krieg die Krise!

Okay, the only positive now is, that i got 7 days premium time. And the results are much better with premium than with normal. For the last 30.000 Exp in the Indien Panzer i needed two days. I got more credits and i had had the feeling, that i was not anymore in dumb teams. Perhaps the MM prefers premium players.

The BDR i have sold. I hated this beast, but the last 3 games changed it a little bit. i got 15 kills in 3 games. and this was the top game:

post-3395-0-24086500-1381521762_thumb.jpg

10 kills. That was cool.

Now i love it to ride the T71. I use it seldom as scout, more as a TD. And after a while, if a lot of enemy tanks are burning already, i try to start to kill the heavies. This battle was one of the cases where my tactic runs fine.

post-3395-0-21964700-1381521904_thumb.jpg

A lot of folks underestimate the T71. Its a very fast killer beast.

Got a question. I was in on two separate battles and I'm seeing a lot of warping by the enemy. In one case I knew where he was, as he had just killed a allied tank, but it was still distant. The next thing I know, I'm shot full of holes and dead. He then reappears in front of me and rolls on past. I inquired, but was told my radio sucked, so I wasn't able to track him. But visually he should have appeared in front of me in time for me to get a shot off.

So on a another battle a few minutes ago, I had an enemy tank in my sites pretty close by and he was warping across the screen, which ruined my shot. Even as the battle ended and the red captured our flag, the red tank was no more than 500 feet in front of me in the circle, but was not visible.

So what is this about?

Jeff

You can see your  ping on the upper left corner, sounds like a slow internet connection

Hmm, figures. Our ISP has really taken a dump lately. We're dropping them this next week as we've informed them of a bottle neck in service to our area, which they acknowledged, but have yet to fix it. That was over a month ago.

Thanks!

Have you guys experienced players who will enter a game, but do nothing? They basically go afk and simply take up space on the team, but don't do anything to help. So far, at least 1 player per game, sometimes 2. Makes me wonder if people do that to favor the odds on occasion.

Still in Tier 1, but advancing my tanks and experience. I've completed about 10-12 quick battles in the T1, L.Tr, Vickers med. and MS-1. I dumped my Renault on the French side since the Chinese already had one and I don't recall many good French tanks. ;)

you can make a complain in game.

click on name while holding CTRL pressed. Then you get the complains. Mark them as AFK.

Heute habe ich die 23000 EXp zusammenbekommen um das neue Fahrwerk zu erforschen. Seitdem läuft es besser mit dem Leo PT A. Ich habe jetzt das Tarnnetz drauf, Scherenfernrohr und den verbesserten Richtantrieb. Endlich kann ich den Leo wieder wie einen Jagdpanzer spielen.

Großr Sprünge sind aber immer noch nicht drin. Ich habe nur den 630 PS Motor. Um den 830 PS Motor zu bekommen brauche ich jetzt schlappe 33.000 Exp. Das wird eine Weile dauern bis ich die zusammen habe. Aber dann schätze ich mal wird der Leo richtig Spaß machen.

Bisher war er eher nur frustig zu spielen, aber bereits mit den neuen Ketten macht er schon ein wenig Freude.

I still need 37.000 XP for the BL10 for the ISU152. Still using the short barrel 152mm from the Su152, it`s a pain to deal just 300 dmg on tier X tanks. You need 5 mins to kill one.

@ Storm, try out the M4 Sherman, it has a great gun (the last one) and is fast enough. Also the Wolverine is a nicetank and even the T40 is good, not well armored but fun to play. If you like Armor, use later the Jackson, for speed the Hellcat. Don`t golater for the E2 and E8 Shermans, E2 is needed to get to the T29, but the E2 is crap as hell

Thanks for the tips. I'll stay in Tier 1 for a bit to accumulate points and experience. I'm following your advice and trying to run through at least 20 battles per tank to figure out what I like.

I've noticed an ability to convert experience to gold, but it always says I don't have enough. I guess I'll just have to bite the bullet and buy a bit.

I've also noticed a different reticle. One is arcade and the other labeled "sniper". Any pros/cons to either?

I appreciate all the help.

-Jeff

There is one with penetration indicator. The +  becomes green if your gun has a chance to penetrate the enemy armour. Its really helpfull.

You cant change experience into gold. But you can change experience to "free experience" for gold. In my eyes this is waste of money.

I have bought an AT8, still the first gun, it`s very painfull. The fully upgraded AT2 is more fun! But I can all say the Ferdi, is a beast, Storm, if you can reach it, damn pgrade it till the end, it`s absolutly great.

You can kill with it up to Tier IX everything. But if you fightt a Maus or E100, IS7 forget it, just fight them from the side or rear

Well, I've completed the 20 missions in each of my Tier 1 tanks. I'm not one to sit and camp, so I venture out and try to flank the enemy. But I don't get much support, as the other players lay low and pick off wounded tanks while you are reloading. I'm ready to move up to Tier 2 and hope that this is a bit more organized with more serious people. Probably not...

-Jeff

P.S. My time in the L.Tr and the MS-1 have been the most fruitful. Pretty good experience results per battle and I don't die as often. The guns are hard hitting and score good on the first few strikes. The Vickers and T.1, not so much. The T1 just doesn't have the hitting power to reach out and get someone, but is fast. The armor is pitiful. The Vickers has a great gun, but is slow. Even with the larger engine. I hate just sitting and waiting while in it, as I always feel exposed.

Any recommendations for a good Tier 2 tank for Germany/US/Russia?

The German Tanks are interresting from the VK3601 onward. The lower Tiers can make fun too, but I liked the VK and than the Tiger. But <-- the Tiger is special. The TD line is much easier to master

The Russian Tanks start to make fun with the T-26 and T-46, when you move to the heavy line, the fun ends with T-28 and starts again with the KV1

US Tanks are nearly useless up the the M4, that`s a pure funtank!

Forget the French stuff

The German Tanks are interresting from the VK3601 onward. The lower Tiers can make fun too, but I liked the VK and than the Tiger. But <-- the Tiger is special. The TD line is much easier to master

The Russian Tanks start to make fun with the T-26 and T-46, when you move to the heavy line, the fun ends with T-28 and starts again with the KV1

US Tanks are nearly useless up the the M4, that`s a pure funtank!

Forget the French stuff

Noted! Especially about the French stuff ;)

The French are very special. They have some very damn killer tanks like the whole Foch TD`s and the very late AMX tanks, with drum magazine.

Whats your callsign in WOT?

You can find me under 76IAPBlack