Sign in to follow this  
gillg

Holy Cockpit Batman!

Hi guys, I have searched the forums for an answer for tis but could not find it. I have a small rectangular hole in the left side console of the MF F-14 tomcat, when I use my Track IR to look in the bottom left of the cockpit. You can see it next to the plane info

Any body else got anf fixed this??

Cheers

post-16443-0-44785400-1351333161_thumb.jpg

mesh hole so it's not fixable at the moment? Wasn't that Oli's creation?

ToS did the pit but said he's out of it, Brain32 has the Max files; not sure if he wants to mess with it any, either. The pit has hierarchy issues, it's amazing it looks as good as it does. I'd never noticed the hole 'til you pointed it out.

one way to elimiate seeing it would be the re-limit the max negative pitch in the cockpit ini

(note: shown below NOT from the Turkey, just an example)

MaxPitch=90

MinPitchFront=-45

MinPitchRear=-35

worth a shot, at any rate!!

A simple method would be to just put a poly into the hole in max so you dont need to mess around with the current mesh. Map and paint it in cockpit colour and you are done. 5 mins job

see post #3 ...prolly ain't gonna happen

be easier to do cockpit ini edits, or simply don't look in that corner :biggrin:

Highlight mesh, click FACE Sub Object, Click CREATE Button, Click the Vertices and Add 2 Faces to fill the square, And use UV Unwrapp and move the Vertices on the texture map to match the other faces.

Save, Export, Voila.

SZ,

When we tried to fix the HSI wheel, we had Brain32 look at the extant .max file. It isn't the same as the one in the released F-14 (I don't know if the released pit was revised, reworked, a different copy, a tweaked copy, or what), a lot of stuff is jumbled and the hierarchy was found to be too complex to work with, without a lot of time spent/without the original creator doing the work (as pointed out by Sup Gen). So, putting a patch over that portion of the pit in 3d Max with the existing .max file and exporting it will not work. ToS did a great job with the pit, but he even said upon release that it was unfinished/Beta status. Best recommendation is either adjust the view limits, don't look there, or understand the pit technically isn't finished, may never be, and you'll just have to live with that.

SZ,

When we tried to fix the HSI wheel, we had Brain32 look at the extant .max file. It isn't the same as the one in the released F-14 (I don't know if the released pit was revised, reworked, a different copy, a tweaked copy, or what), a lot of stuff is jumbled and the hierarchy was found to be too complex to work with

Does this mean we wont be seeing a fix for the HSI?

Thanks guys, I think I might modify the cockpit ini. Easiest and most practical way. As soon as I find the values, i'll post 'em.

Cheers

hi guys, I just changed this value,

MinPitchFront=-65

I changed it to -55 and I can no longer see the hole. As far as I am concerned, it doesn't affect the cockpit view at all.

Thanks guys, and Wrench.