I tried to take-off with my Pasko´s Yak-3 in SFP2 but the plane´s FM is terrible. In AI take-off the right wing stalled everytime. Could anyone makes a new more accurate FM? Thanks buddies!

Check the Data.ini

[RightWing]

ParentComponentName=Fuselage

ModelNodeName=RightWing

Ymac=1.06 <------- Must be Postive Number

[RightOuterWing]

ParentComponentName=RightWing

ModelNodeName=RightOuterWing

Ymac=1.92 <-------------- Same thing

Raven

I seem to remember that having been done already; unless it was the Yak-9. Seem to recall somebody uploading a bunch (herd?) of Pasko's Yaks in the SF2 Aircraft downloads section, with relatively 'decent' FMs

but I could be mistaken. After all, I can't keep Carlo and Paulo names straight in my head!

"bob"

the wrench

bob you only upload Yak-9 from pasko

im not paulo or carlo

im daniel aka cocas aka Kermit!

Cool Baffmeister, elsewise I (the real Carlo), had quick & dity done something! :good:

Edited by Soulfreak

That´s great guys!! Baffmaster, don´t forget that the Yak-3 was one of the most manouvrable plane ever, and it was design for low level operations. BTW, the Yak-15 cockpit is a better fit than the original office. The coordinates for cockpit Yak-15 placement is:

[CockpitSeat001]

ModelName=Yak15_cockpit

Offset=0.0,0.0,0.0

Position=0,-0.49,0.54

ViewAngles=0.0,0.0,0.0

MaxYaw=160

MinYaw=-160

MaxPitch=90

MinPitchFront=-85

MinPitchRear=-40

Thanks again to all!!

Soulfreak, do you have a Yak-3 data.ini with the individual data lines seperated? It would save me some work because the original Data.ini has all the lines combined together.

Wilches, I will try to make the FM as realistic as possible but it won't be HiFi but hopefully "somewhat realistic." One of the big problems I have is finding engine horsepower at altitude so if you have any engine data please pass it along. I hope to have an SF-2 WW2 install eventually so don't mind working on some of the older WW2 models now and then. [so many planes! :blink: ]

Edited by baffmeister

maybe everyone should make a name badge as their signature pic for a while.

Or....

Baffmeister, as you said, it´s impossible to make a ¨real¨ FM. Having this in mind, why don´t pick some engine data from the new Yak-9P? They have a close performance, with the Yak-3 more manouverable and lighter. It should be a good start. As for the cockpits, the Yak-23´s one fits nicely to Yak-9P. Looks very good! The settings:

[CockpitSeat001]

ModelName=Yak23_cockpit

Offset=0.0,0.0,0.0

HideExternalNodeName=CanopyFrame01

Position=0.0,-0.65,0.60

ViewAngles=0.0,0.0,0.0

MaxYaw=165

MinYaw=-165

MaxPitch=90

MinPitchFront=-85

MinPitchRear=-40

baff, open the data ini in Word, and it'll reaarange the text. Save as.. 'plain text'.

I had to do that to a LOT pasko's old inis years ago they were all f***ed up with that weird 'cram it all together' oddness

FC, why do you think I have a prop-head Zombatar???

edit: ok who did it???? who did it???? changed my 'tag line' to "known as Bob".

that's funny as all hell!!! :biggrin:

Edited by Wrench

baff, open the data ini in Word, and it'll reaarange the text. Save as.. 'plain text'.

I had to do that to a LOT pasko's old inis years ago they were all f***ed up with that weird 'cram it all together' oddness

Excellent! I was hoping some computo-genius would increase productivity! Wilches, I will use the Yak-9P engine table [from Brain32] but will just release a beta0.8 FM for "do it yourselfers." If you or anyone else wants to put together a new SF-2 Yak-3 package just shoot me a PM. Cheers.