Hi All

For your Pacific install I think it is possible to have AI Kamikaze aircraft.

I took a Zero fighter renamed the folder, data and ini file so it read A62DW. Then amended the data file for ATTACK only. For dive bombing I had the following

[DiveBombAI]

RollInRange=4000.0

RollInAlt=2300.0

PullOutRange=000.0

PullOutAlt=0.005

ReleaseAlt=0.005

SecondPassRange=5000.0

SecondPassAlt=1600.0

ReleaseCount=1

ReleaseInterval=0.14

AimPitchOffset=1.0

I think the ReleaseAlt could do with a little adjusting as it seems to release just below the deck level, but here is a picture of an AI attack. My plane is sitting on the deck of the carrier. The bombs destroy the ship and the blast destroys the AI plane.

A couple of things, I think Availability=Rare should be used, and make sure you have lots of AA guns on your ships.

Oh and I forgot, you must have a bomb on the loadout, for it to work.

Cheers

Snapper 21

post-13430-0-82584800-1353780604_thumb.jpg

Edited by snapper 21

so it STILL works??? I recall somebody expertimentating with it some years back for SF/Wo*

Makes me think we could do Ohka using SF2NA ASM code

that would't be hard at all ..

just use the cruise missile paramters from the kitchen, but with much shorter range (10 miles? 15 miels?) ?? would have to look up the 'endurance' for the Okha. Adding it to the Betty would be quite easy

those would just be rocket propelled artillery or ground launched cruise missiles.

since we already have working SCUDs, making working V-1/V-2 would't be that hard. And since NA, we can shoot down cruise missiles...making it possible to intercept/down the Buzz Bombs

my V-1 his still on the gen 1 donwload seccion it think i lost the source file but TheBeast upload the lod i sent him.

Makes me think we could do Ohka using SF2NA ASM code

I seen about 10 minutes ago there doing one over at A-Team. Being there are people who can't down load items over there, maybe someone should do one over here.

Is the [DiveBombAI] data in the OP working for anyone else? I've tried it with the A6M2, D3A1 and B5N2 and none of them even dive, they just slowly approach the target, make a few really sharp turns, then drop their bombs into the sea. Is there some kind of setting elsewhere in the .ini's which determines whether the [DiveBombAI] section is used or not? Come to think of it I don't think I've ever seen a proper dive bombing run in SF2...

Can you can also create a small bomb with large blast and edit the ini so its in the aircraft and invisible from the outside ?

We should definately do the V-1 and Ohka.Japanese used alot of obsolete planes for Kamikaze so Nate's,Bab's'Val's',Kate's.How about loading a Rita to take out a carrier! :biggrin: