Dave

F/A-18 Series By The Hornet Team (BETA!)

Nice work! To cover the latter years for the RAAF Hornet the following upgrades (HUG xx) were done on them:

2003, HUG 2.1: AN/APG-73 installed, IFF upgraded so the 'Bird Slicer' type antenna is now on the nose of the aircraft, AIM-120C now used.

2004, ASRAAM now used.

2007, Lighting Pod now used, AIM-120C7 now used.

2010, HUG 2.2: JHMCS now used.

DTM you have those covered then?

I also found the correct skins files folks so bare with me.

I need a few volunteers to help sort skins and decals. You need to be proficient in ini work. Any takers?

Romflyer Im nt sure about the pit. You would need to ask Brain32

Thanks Dave

The question about the MFD's was just kinda curiousity.....I was more trying to point out the concern with the rudders.

DTM you have those covered then?

I also found the correct skins files folks so bare with me.

Funny you should ask lol. I will send it to you.

Also, in the Superhornet pit you can cycle MFD screens using ripple keys but this seems to be absent in this cockpit, is this intentionally different?

Yes, actually the SH pit is newer model than the legacy pits and the first one naturally that I prepared for the late SH pit that does not have backup RWR. The thing about the RWR in the released SH pit is that it has two RWR's that look different which is I think a first in SF series so it was a (successful) tesbed :wink:

Thanks DTM.

Rom

If you have a fix then send the data.ini's to me

Hi all,

I downloaded twice and I have no decals in the folder anyone have a clue thx in advance..

Topcat

Please read a few posts above... :beee:

:bowdown2: Absolutely awesome package Gentlemen!!!!!!! It sure shows that this was a labour of love!

Much appreciated; I'm sure the work involved ran into the thousands!! ... did I say much appreciated?

Thanks DTM.

Rom

If you have a fix then send the data.ini's to me

Well the first thing I checked was to compare the rudder section in the data.ini's between the CF-18 and the Blue Angel.........but they seem identical.

I will look further and will post if I find anything.

Downloaded the twin-seat Bug pack as well. Excellent work, again - I really love the artwork on that VMFA-242 CAG jet!

Also, thanks for the drop tanks - I had changed the data files on a couple of the jets before I DL'd the pack. You guys made things easier for me, again. :imhappy::clapping:

Oh, and that low-altitude vapor/air compression effect near Mach 1 looks awesome -, just saw it when I was chasing a pair of Fulcrums a few minutes ago! :big_boss:

I found the ATARS F/A-18D. I'm deleting the foreign Hornets as I can not find any of the decals for them. If someone can do them and send some to me that would be great.

Rom and DTM you guys have the Canadian and Aussies covered right?

Can someone do the Swiss?

I cant find the damn things. You have them Brain?

Disregard, found them.

Version 1.1 is up. Also updated the Swiss, Kuwait and Malaysian Hornets.

As I said its a beta so im hoping people will have fixes and I can add them.

Glad you like it.

Ill have the 2 seats updated later tonight with the ATARS added.

The 1.1 pacakage by the way has some additional skins in it.

• Like 1

All Great Job!!!

Love the pit thank you for your hard work job well done!!!

Many Thanks

This was pretty fun! Just remember to burn me in effigee if you start messing with loadouts. I got the Aussie ones done except the HUG and all B versions. Spain is almost done except the EF-18M. Finland is an oddball due to no air to ground capability until 2011-12 with JASSM, it is almost done just needs skin. Brain you made me laugh when you mentioned the cockpit versions. I remember printing out all those diagrams in the NATOPS and studying them figuring out by BUNO which one of your smoking hot pits go in each version! So I hope when the masses start modding these out they stay true to your hard work and our collective vision! Dave I will give you some more names to add to the credits, also right now I would like to give a big salute to LouG who's knowledge and experience put this thing over the top. Also big salute to FastCargo! When there are two fast jet pilots working on flight model tweaks how can you go wrong?

• Like 1

Where are the foreign Hornets in the update? :-(