Sign in to follow this  
RogerSmith

Recruiting Ace Combat Fans

After seeing Zomb Lee's videos and thinking about how I started out playing the Ace Combat series before I got into SF2, I decided to help attract some potential players with a little video. The video covers basic stuff. The video is sped up to help make the video shorter, it also gave it a cool, comedic voice. Also done with pop-ups to help keep the attention of fast-paced players, like I used to be. No doubt there are many errors in this video, but it was just something I did on the fly. I might make more videos on individual weapons and their variants and how they work if this does turn out well.

It does drag on a little during the discussion on what the options and modes are. Also, CombatAce is advertised.

http://youtu.be/6iWo8gYePQE

Edited by RogerSmith
  • Like 2

After seeing Zomb Lee's videos and thinking about how I started out playing the Ace Combat series before I got into SF2, I decided to help attract some potential players with a little video. The video covers basic stuff. The video is sped up to help make the video shorter, it also gave it a cool, comedic voice. Also done with pop-ups to help keep the attention of fast-paced players, like I used to be. No doubt there are many errors in this video, but it was just something I did on the fly. I might make more videos on individual weapons and their variants and how they work if this does turn out well.

It does drag on a little during the discussion on what the options and modes are. Also, CombatAce is advertised.

http://youtu.be/6iWo8gYePQE

I only watched 1:28 of it. Good concept but the high pitched voice is kind of annoying after minute thru the video IMHO.

Falcon

I only watched 1:28 of it. Good concept but the high pitched voice is kind of annoying after minute thru the video IMHO.

Falcon

I don't like my own voice, sounds weird

working on a video about AIM-9 variants. This time I will use my own voice

Interesting and quite informative - best of luck with that.

I liked several aspects alot, voice including :yes: "...China" was good piece of laugh for me :ok: just a bit too long and too quick on some features while too lenghty on others

Roger what type of controller are you using for this? Does it work as well as a stick?

And do you mind sending me that really cool Tomcat skin you have there? :)

Edited by saisran

I liked several aspects alot, voice including :yes: "...China" was good piece of laugh for me :ok: just a bit too long and too quick on some features while too lenghty on others

yeah, I'll probably make more focusing on specific things I didn't cover very well.

Roger what type of controller are you using for this? Does it work as well as a stick?

And do you mind sending me that really cool Tomcat skin you have there? :)

I use a PS3 controller wireless. The sensitivity is awesome, works better than any PC controllers I've used.

BFMAF--> http://sta.sh/0d8o5w5jfc0

Edited by RogerSmith

alright. gonna get a new controller within the week. might just go for it instead of a flightstick as i can probably have more use for it.

And thanks for sharing! :)

Edited by saisran
  • Like 1

Good job! We as a community need to do this more often.

Kids nowadays have very short attention span, and I do suspect that most members on CA are above 30. Getting kids hooked to fighter games like SF2 then graduate them into more realistic FS is to goal. We can't have games without broadening audience.

In addition to tutorial videos, we might also need "cool" videos to get kids hooked on.